Myself and my partner are just back from a 3 night stay in Prague and we cannot wait to go back next year!
The hotel, the staff and the rooms all exceeded expectations - this is really a hidden gem in Prague! The location is second to none, a 15minute stroll over the bridge and through the cobbled streets to the Christmas markets and near the castle.
We booked the 'good luck' room and were offered a free upgrade to a suite on arrival, we were shown both the attic room that we originally reserved and the suite - we could choose either. As we were staying for 4 days we opted for the extra space that the suite offered but the attic rooms were georgous and we would of been delighted with this room even if an upgrade had not been available! (given the age of the house the attic rooms are a quite the trek up steep stairs so I would keep that mind when booking)
The room was spotless, it had a fabulous bathroom with heated floors, a seperate shower and deep set bath. It also had a small kitchen area with kettle, mini bar, microwave & hob.
Breakfast was in a little cafe attached to the hotel. The staff were so friendly and the food was lovely. There was a choice of fresh bagels, pastries, fruit, yoghurts etc from the buffet or if your preferred eggs and pancakes from the main menu.
The staff on reception were a joy to deal with and recommended a fabulous restaurant for my birthday dinner -'Bellevue'.
They handled tours/tickets and literally anything else you may require during your stay!
I wouldn't hesitate in booking this hotel again and really wouldn't consider staying anywhere else when visiting Prague.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Design hotel Domus Balthasar is a baroque building with medieval foundation and 21st century design, situated on the Royal Route, in the heart of the oldest and most romantic part of Prague - Lesser Quarter (Mala Strana), few steps from Charles Bridge, close to Old Town and Prague Castle. Domus Balthasar is nearly of all most popular sights within easy reach on foot or by tram. Although is situated in the centre, also in a neighborbood of nicest parks. Business centers easily accessible. It is the ideal place for a holiday as well as for an enjoyable business trip. The building's history goes back to the 14th century, though the fittings are either modern or timeless. We do our best to respect history while at the same time respecting the current needs and tastes of our guests. Our interiors are made warm by wooden, atypical furniture with clean lines in dark colours which combines well with the light, creamy tones of the carpets, curtains and other decorations. Hotel has 8 rooms including 2 Double attic rooms, 3 generously spacious deluxe double rooms, 2 Suites with kitchenette and 1 Royal. Please notice our historic house uniquely located within an UNESCO listed World Heritage Site does not have an elevator. Due to a lower ceiling Attic double rooms are not recommended for people taller than 1,80 m/6 feet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your Domus Balthasar Design Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Domus Balthasar Design Prague
- Domus Balthasar Design Boutique Hotel