I loved everything about my stay here. I don't usually write reviews, but I was such a fan of this place. I traveled by myself, and I stayed in the back attic room which was awesome (exposed beams, spacious, etc.- prob not ideal for anyone 6ft or so but awesome otherwise). The location was ideal- just on the other side of the Charles Bridge. I had never been to Prague before, so I did not know if this would be close or far, but it was perfect- go into town for the day and/or for dinner, and then leave all the madness and walk back over the bridge for the evening. It's such a short walk into town, but it was so nice being able to sleep away from the frenzy. Plus the walk across the bridge is ridiculously beautiful. Awesome staff, delicious breakfast in cute cafe next door every morning (cold buffet plus made-to-order whatever you want from menu). Can't recommend enough.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Design hotel Domus Balthasar is a baroque building with medieval foundation and 21st century design, situated on the Royal Route, in the heart of the oldest and most romantic part of Prague - Lesser Quarter (Mala Strana), few steps from Charles Bridge, close to Old Town and Prague Castle. Domus Balthasar is nearly of all most popular sights within easy reach on foot or by tram. Although is situated in the centre, also in a neighborbood of nicest parks. Business centers easily accessible. It is the ideal place for a holiday as well as for an enjoyable business trip. The building's history goes back to the 14th century, though the fittings are either modern or timeless. We do our best to respect history while at the same time respecting the current needs and tastes of our guests. Our interiors are made warm by wooden, atypical furniture with clean lines in dark colours which combines well with the light, creamy tones of the carpets, curtains and other decorations. Hotel has 8 rooms including 2 Double attic rooms, 3 generously spacious deluxe double rooms, 2 Suites with kitchenette and 1 Royal. Please notice our historic house uniquely located within an UNESCO listed World Heritage Site does not have an elevator. Due to a lower ceiling Attic double rooms are not recommended for people taller than 1,80 m/6 feet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Domus Balthasar Design Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Domus Balthasar Design Prague
- Domus Balthasar Design Boutique Hotel