We had a great stay at this hotel. The location is fantastic-right by the Charles Bridge, which makes walking to most of the sites in Prague easy. We stayed in a suite on the second floor and it was very nice and clean. We had lots of room, and while our bed was comfortable, our kids were uncomfortable on the sofa bed, which was really hard. We ended up putting our pillows down for them to sleep on top of because they couldn't sleep.
Also, because you are very central and in a touristy area, there was alot of outdoor noise (mainly cars driving by) at night that woke me up some but I tend to be a light sleeper. The wifi Internet worked great in the first room, but couldn't find the signal in the master bedroom.
Breakfast was great and in the next door bagel shop which is connected to the hotel. There were lots of choices and we got a discount to eat here for lunch too which was a nice option if we wanted a bagel sandwich to take with us.
Overall, we really enjoyed our stay at this hotel and for the money, its a great value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Design hotel Domus Balthasar is a baroque building with medieval foundation and 21st century design, situated on the Royal Route, in the heart of the oldest and most romantic part of Prague - Lesser Quarter (Mala Strana), few steps from Charles Bridge, close to Old Town and Prague Castle. Domus Balthasar is nearly of all most popular sights within easy reach on foot or by tram. Although is situated in the centre, also in a neighborbood of nicest parks. Business centers easily accessible. It is the ideal place for a holiday as well as for an enjoyable business trip. The building's history goes back to the 14th century, though the fittings are either modern or timeless. We do our best to respect history while at the same time respecting the current needs and tastes of our guests. Our interiors are made warm by wooden, atypical furniture with clean lines in dark colours which combines well with the light, creamy tones of the carpets, curtains and other decorations. Hotel has 8 rooms including 2 Double attic rooms, 3 generously spacious deluxe double rooms, 2 Suites with kitchenette and 1 Royal. Please notice our historic house uniquely located within an UNESCO listed World Heritage Site does not have an elevator. Due to a lower ceiling Attic double rooms are not recommended for people taller than 1,80 m/6 feet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Domus Balthasar Design Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Domus Balthasar Design Prague
- Domus Balthasar Design Boutique Hotel