We stayed on the top floor (Royale Room) for just one night and the room was gorgeous. It looks more like a small studio, with wooden beams giving a very cozy atmosphere.
The Hotel is literally at the end of Charles Bridge in Mala Strana, so it is very close to everything.
The receptionists were charming and most accomodating and helpful. Even one of them looked for hours and kept sending emails about something we had inquiry.
The only BIG issue... if you´re in the top floor like us, and have big luggages is that there is NOT elevator. And the stairs are of an old house, so they´re very narrow and kinda akward. The hotel taxi driver, took them up for us, which was unbealieavable kind.
BTW, the taxi driver is great! he came to pick us up at the station and then took us to the airport. The shuttle rates are very rasonable, so I would reccommed to book with them.
Breakfast was just ok. Not as much variety as I expected, but they did have a waitress serving everything we asked for.
We payed much more for this hotel that we payed for staying on the Savic... and I think I would have come back to the Savic knowing what I know now. However, it was good be able to stay on the other side of the river... and the Mala Strana area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Design hotel Domus Balthasar is a baroque building with medieval foundation and 21st century design, situated on the Royal Route, in the heart of the oldest and most romantic part of Prague - Lesser Quarter (Mala Strana), few steps from Charles Bridge, close to Old Town and Prague Castle. Domus Balthasar is nearly of all most popular sights within easy reach on foot or by tram. Although is situated in the centre, also in a neighborbood of nicest parks. Business centers easily accessible. It is the ideal place for a holiday as well as for an enjoyable business trip. The building's history goes back to the 14th century, though the fittings are either modern or timeless. We do our best to respect history while at the same time respecting the current needs and tastes of our guests. Our interiors are made warm by wooden, atypical furniture with clean lines in dark colours which combines well with the light, creamy tones of the carpets, curtains and other decorations. Hotel has 8 rooms including 2 Double attic rooms, 3 generously spacious deluxe double rooms, 2 Suites with kitchenette and 1 Royal. Please notice our historic house uniquely located within an UNESCO listed World Heritage Site does not have an elevator. Due to a lower ceiling Attic double rooms are not recommended for people taller than 1,80 m/6 feet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Agoda, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Domus Balthasar Design Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Domus Balthasar Design Prague
- Domus Balthasar Design Boutique Hotel