My husband and I stayed here for the weekend of our tenth anniversary, on our first (I hope not last) visit to Prague. We are so glad we chose the Domus Balthasar, which is so beautifully appointed, such good value for money (luxe on a budget!) and so well placed for exploring the city on foot, with St Nicholas Church a minute's walk away, the Castle ten minutes walk, and the Old Town only a five minute walk away over Charles Bridge (which is only 50 metres from the hotel). The staff were exceptionally charming and friendly (thank you Zuzana and Lucie!) and made every effort to help and accommodate our needs. We arrived late and flustered and had emailed requesting an iron - they emailed us straight back and the iron and table were ready and waiting in our room on arrival. They were wonderfully helpful in every way. They liaised with Milan, the wonderful driver who took us from and later back to the airport. They were happy to keep our bags after check-out until we needed to go to the airport. Our room (room 5) was gorgeous and airy with a lovely beamed ceiling. The bed was very comfortable and great water pressure in the bathroom! Everything spotless. The double windows are remarkably effective at shutting out noise, although (and this was truly the only negative!) the doors to the rooms do give right onto an at times noisy wood and stone stairwell. The sound of clattering footsteps and echoing voices from the stairwell did occasionally wake us. My husband commented that this acoustic problem could easily be remedied if the hotel added an outer door to each room door, which would work like the outer window to cut out noise from the landing and stairwell - looks like there is just enough room for an extra door on the landing outside the room (between the ceiling beam and existing door) - alternatively the doors could be replaced with more noise-proof ones! We hope the hotel management will consider this improvement as it would make an already fantastic hotel completely perfect. Breakfast deserves a mention - the blueberry pancakes were out of this world and the bagel cafe staff so nice too. All in all, a wonderful and unforgettable stay and we hope to return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Design hotel Domus Balthasar is a baroque building with medieval foundation and 21st century design, situated on the Royal Route, in the heart of the oldest and most romantic part of Prague - Lesser Quarter (Mala Strana), few steps from Charles Bridge, close to Old Town and Prague Castle. Domus Balthasar is nearly of all most popular sights within easy reach on foot or by tram. Although is situated in the centre, also in a neighborbood of nicest parks. Business centers easily accessible. It is the ideal place for a holiday as well as for an enjoyable business trip. The building's history goes back to the 14th century, though the fittings are either modern or timeless. We do our best to respect history while at the same time respecting the current needs and tastes of our guests. Our interiors are made warm by wooden, atypical furniture with clean lines in dark colours which combines well with the light, creamy tones of the carpets, curtains and other decorations. Hotel has 8 rooms including 2 Double attic rooms, 3 generously spacious deluxe double rooms, 2 Suites with kitchenette and 1 Royal. Please notice our historic house uniquely located within an UNESCO listed World Heritage Site does not have an elevator. Due to a lower ceiling Attic double rooms are not recommended for people taller than 1,80 m/6 feet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Domus Balthasar Design Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Domus Balthasar Design Prague
- Domus Balthasar Design Boutique Hotel