Grand
  • Restaurant
Hotel Voyage(Prague)
Columbo(Prague)
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 October 2012

I believe the only true reason I'm giving this hotel 2 stars is due to the efforts of the front desk staff. Unfortunately we never got her name, but she did work hard to make our stay more enjoyable. Suffice it to say that if it were not for her, we would've left early.

Originally booked at the Bily Lev, but due to complications (ie most likely over-booking) we were sent to the nearby Hotel Grand. Big disappointment.

Room was an extremely odd configuration - best suited perhaps to a group of teens spending a drinking holiday in Prague - and filled with cheap, broken furniture and an uncomfortable bed. Some lightbulbs were out, both in the room and in the stairwell leading to it and the showers were the smallest I've ever dealt with anywhere in Europe.

We seriously contemplated leaving the hotel early and attempting to find accomodations elsewhere - even though hotels for us are merely a place to sleep - but were swayed into staying by the hard-work and personality of the front desk clerk (Gabriella's sister)

After numerous calls by our travel agent to hotel management we received several discounts on our stay, parking and laundry.

I would suggest anyone visiting Prague keep this review - and others like it - in the back of their minds before booking at this hotel, the Bily Lev (or Seiffert Hotel) as they are all owned and operated by the same corporation.

My wife and I would not return to this hotel - especially since there would be no guarantee the same staff would be there.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Chris D
Reviewed 31 July 2012

I stayed here in July 2012. i have stayed in many places but this was the worst. It is not in the city centre. The area around the hotel is not safe to walk after dark. The reception closes at 7.00 pm so no help getting directions, calling taxis etc. There was no telephone in our room. We were booked for 4 nights but after 2 nights we moved to the Hotel Bologna just off the old town square. A much nicer location and freindly staff

Room Tip: Dont stay here there are much nicer hotels in Prague for the same money
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
8  Thank CCregg
Reviewed 28 July 2012

As an experienced traveller my experience at the so called "Hotel Grand" was by far the worst ever. I do not know how this is even classed as a hotel let alone get 3 stars. My experience here clouded myself and my mothers city break to Prague. It was unbelievable it was so bad. I have outlined the reasons below.

1: According to the hotels website this hotel is directly in the city centre. This is a lie it is located in a very seedy area with no amenities and it is a fair walk to the bus or tram. Even taxi drivers had no idea where it was.When we arrived the young girl gave very vague directions.
2: The Hotel website claims that this hotel has a 24 hour reception. This is a lie. The receptionist told us they close at 7 and you have to use your key to access the side entrance.
3: Breakfast finishes at 10 am but at 9.55 am the woman came and just scooped up our plates even though we were not finished.
4: The room smelt musty and was very basic.The tiles very very grubby. On my second night staying there I had to go to hospital as a bug from the pillowcase went into my ear drum for half an hour and I was in agonising pain. We had to search for help as there was no phone or information in the room. There was another bug in the bed and at least two on the floor.
We decided to check out the next day. Well If the whole thing had not been bad enough the behaviour of the receptionist was disgraceful. She started shouting at us at the top of her voice and pointing the finger in my voice. She screamed "IT WAS ONLY ONE BUG. IT WAS NOT THE FAULT OF OUR HOTEL." I said about the other bugs and she screamed "NO NO NO OUR HOTEL DOES NOT HAVE PROBLEM." I told her that her attitude was unnecessary and she roared "YOU GET OUT OF THIS HOTEL- YOU GO NOW" Her arms were everywhere and she was screaming. She was very intimidating.

I understand insects can be anywhere but the room had not been properly cleaned and there was more then one insect. They could at least have said sorry.

This woman had no concept of the word "service" or "manners". This is by far the worst hotel I have ever seen. I advise people to stay well clear and even if you have booked this place book elsewhere. Complete rubbish and an absolute disgrace. The management of this hotel should be ashamed.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
10  Thank Creggie82
Reviewed 12 May 2012

Same owners as for hotels Seifert and Bily Lev. We were booked in Bily Lev for May 4-9, confirmed a month prior to trip. We arrived at Bily Lev and only there were told we had to move to Seifert. I insisted at least on a taxi voucher to move to Seifert as clearly a case of conscious overbooking. We went into taxi and discovered we arrived at Grand hotel. I told the driver he was wrong but he showed the taxi voucher given by Bily Lev which was clear. We rang entrance bell as no full time reception and after 10 min a helpful young lady confirmed we were to stay at this hotel. She showed us the room which was smelly, hot, noisy, without cupboard, small. I complained to her, she was very much genuinely ashamed but could not offer anything better. We stayed for another hour trying to convince ourselves we would be able to survive this place but finally I decided it was too dreadful and I called a cab to move to Central Prague and try to find an alternative. As it was past 7.00 pm and no reception we left the keys of exit door and room door in the room.

Room Tip: stay away as not to regret
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
8  Thank Luc P
Reviewed 23 April 2012

The only thing nice about this hotel was the polite young receptionist who seemed to be at war with the owners on a few occasions! upon arriving home late one evening the outside door was locked and the key left in on the inside, as there is no night porter or any receptionist at night, we had to sleep in the alley way outside the back door. I was there on a stag weekend so wasnt looking for much more than a bed and shower facilites, you get what u pay for right! but this place couldnt even provide that. That said it was very clean and the rooms where warm, it would be better advertised as self catering apartments. The one breakfast i had was really quite good, apart from the cross owner complaining about us eating to much cheese. so provided you dont loose ur key late at night or some ejit leaves his key on the inside of the door u should have a resonable nice stay

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends