“The best hotel and service with excellent value for money” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Abe Hotel

Abe Hotel
Ranked #317 of 670 Hotels in Prague
London, United Kingdom
“The best hotel and service with excellent value for money”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2010

This hotel was absolutely brilliant and I could not recommend the location, staff or rooms highly enough. They were so helpful, providing anything we required and it was only 5-10mins walk from the central Wenceslas square and train station and right next to the metro station. One quirky point is that we found none of the rooms to be the same, but all were clean, with fresh towels and comfy beds. The room we stayed in had a balcony and kitchenette but not all have those facilities. I would definetely highly recommend and I will be going back!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Kiev, Ukraine
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2010

The location of the hotel is very good. The street is very noisy and it was hard to get used to it. We had some problems with opening the front door and one of the staff (Russian) was very rude to us.
The breakfast was terrible. A lot of people crowding around 5 pieces of sausages and 3 boiled eggs.
But in general it was OK and didn't spoil the impression of staying in Prague.

• Stayed August 2010
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Julia P
Ottawa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2010

We were a group of 46 people and we all enjoyed our stay. Rooms were very clean, and nicely decorated. Staff was wonderful. They speak english very well. 10 minutes walk to the square, 5 minutes to the tram. We very enjoy the place and I recommend it to everyone.

Brian
Ottawa, Canada

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank BrianNolan
here
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2008

The hotel was very comfortable and welcoming, the breakfast was delicious and the hotel staff was reliable and really nice. We received indications, tips and were allowed to keep our luggage there after cheking out. The price was more than decent and I would recommend it to anyone. I was left with a very good impression and hope to come back one day!

• Liked — private bathroom, hot running water, comfortable room
  • Disliked — the double bed that was actually formed of two other beds, that were on wheels and were skating all over the place(not too funny for a couple)
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
belfast, northern ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2008

The hotel was basic but ideal in terms of location, value for money. The staff were very welcoming and helpful. It is about a 10-15 minute walk from St Wencelelas Square but there is a metro you can use just 5 mins from the hotel which gets you to anywhere in the city. Overall we would recommend this hotel to travellers who are on a budget.

• Liked — Within our budget
  • Disliked — Small room
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
Frankfurt
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2008

We needed a cheap and cheerful hotel for a group of students for the weekend, and the htel was great value and the location was perfect. The staff were friendly and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a budget option within walking distance of the Old Town.

• Liked — Good value
  • Disliked — Decor in the room
  • Stayed February 2008
Raleigh, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2006

VERY UNSAFE!!! I WAS LOCKED IN A FOYER FOR OVER AN HOUR AND HAD TO CALL A TOUR GUIDE, WHO I HAD NEVER MET, TO RESCUE ME!!!!

We recently spent three nights in this dreadful hotel. It’s located on a heavily trafficked street, which was very loud. It had no smoke detectors, fire alarms, fire exits, phones, intercoms, lifts or even a remote control for the VERY small TV. Breakfast didn’t start until 8:30 so those who have early morning plans have to find breakfast elsewhere, as my husband did for our entire stay. We both received a towel the size of a large wash cloth and small bar of soap. The hotel office and it's rooms are separated by a rental car garage. So you aren’t actually staying in the building where the hotel office is, but instead staying above a rental car office. We were never informed that we could not use the front door of our building. Therefore, I used this door on both Thursday and Friday with no trouble. On Saturday morning I tried exiting the building at 9:40 am and realized that I had become locked in the foyer. The door allowed me to enter the foyer but locked behind me, trapping me in. Due to the businesses being closed for the weekend, there were no rental car employees within the office and all of it’s doors where locked. I yelled for help over and over, but being that the hotel rooms were on the third floor and above, the rental car office being closed for the weekend and the hotel office being located in another building, I was pretty much locked in. A very bad situation for someone who is claustrophobic. I began to panic after realizing that I was truly locked in and no one was aware of my situation. I am an American living in Germany with a German cell phone, which I never carry or use and share with my husband. Luckily I didn’t have a watch that day and needed the phones time feature , so I brought it along. I was planning on going on a tour at 11:00 and meeting my husband after his conference at 3 pm. I also had with me 2 separate phone numbers to ABE hotel and a CITY WALKS city map. After repeatedly calling both of the hotel’s numbers and getting no response I called CITY WALKS contact number, which was located on their map. I very kind English speaking man answered. Though I was in an unlucky situation I still had some luck on my side because this man hopped in a taxi and came to my rescue. He did this even after the phone conversation was cut off twice due to bad cell reception within the office building, my running out of outgoing call minutes and being told by the hotel workers that there was no English speaking guests left at the hotel. I was truly grateful that this man, took time from his day to look into my phone call. He searched and finally found me around 11:15. The hotel workers seem more concerned about why I used the front door of the office building rather than my well being. All I was offered by the hotel staff was a drink of water. I was so relieved to be out of the foyer and exhausted from panicking that I didn’t have the energy to complain about how unhappy I was with ABE hotel. The kind man also offered me to join him and a friend for a drink to help calm my nerves. He just so happens to be the owner of CITY WALKS & TOURS OF PRAGUE, a business recommend by Lonely Planet guide books. My way of showing thanks is to advertise his business when ever possible. He also has apartments available for daily rental. If your interested in supporting the business of a good person visit praguer

4 Thank TRAVELMOM1978