“Great location, average service”

Clarion Hotel Prague Old Town
Ranked #265 of 647 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 16 November 2013

You can walk from here to almost everywhere in the old city of Prague, and the neighborhood is nice. The building itself is old and not very well maintained, and the rooms are a bit worn out. Old style furniture and windows add to the overall impression. I had only a couple of contacts with the hotel staff, but every time I had the same "I don't care" impression. There are no parking places available. Breakfast was above average.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank ggabi
Jakub T, Manager at Clarion Hotel Prague Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Dear Guest,

I would like to take the oportunity to thank you very much for writing your review about our property.

I have the pleasure to inform you that the hotel Lobby will be undergoing renovation in the near future and that we are currently updating our facilities.

Furthermore, I was sorry to read about your unpleasant experience regarding the hotel staff. Let me assure you that your feedback was shared witht the Management to properly follow up.

Concerning your comment about no parking places available, allow me to mention that our hotel have a special parking spaces available for the hotel guests.

Please note, that our guest satisfaction and feedback are of great importance to us. I do hope that we will be able to welcome you back at the Clarion Hotel Prague Old Town, as we would like to prove to you, that your recent experience was an exception rather than rule. We can indeed do better!

Truly yours,

Markéta Nedvědová

Reviewed 24 October 2013

I stayed here for a mixture of work and pleasure and have to say it was in a great location with great service. Check in was easy. Meals and drinks were reasonable. Room was nice and big with plenty of storage and neutral decor. The location was great. Across the road from the river and 2 minute walk from the old town square. Everywhere was within walking distance however make sure you take good walking shoes as there is so much to see and all the streets are cobbled. No high heels here! Everywhere we went was good value (beer is cheap) the only thing that can turn out expensive is the chunk of ham from the stalls in the old square. You pay by weight so we ended up paying about £12 for a chunk I two slices of bread. Best thing to try is the cabbage, bacon and potato dish ( bit like bubble and squeak) its tasty and a lot cheaper by weight. Nearly all other places to eat are very reasonable - great for pork /ham lovers and beef stew! Not much fish other than river trout but everything is hearty which is what you need after all the walking. Best cappuccino in Prague is served at the little cafe under the bridge next to the opera house. It's a great spot to do some people watching!
Overall don't think you can find a better placed hotel in Prague

Room Tip: Try to get a river view room at front some of side facing rooms look into an office block next door
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank pljonesey1

Dear Guest,

Allow me to thank you cordially for taking your valuable time and sharing with other travellers the experience of your stay at the Clarion Hotel Prague Old Town.

I was delighted to read that you felt comfortable in our spacious guest room and that you enjoyed it’s nice view. I also appreciate your comments about the great service and food. In addition, thank you for mentioning the convenience of our location.

Once again thank you for the beautiful compliments and I remain with best regards from Prague.

Markéta Nedvědová

Reviewed 21 October 2013 via mobile

The hotel location is perfect, close to the river, just in the city center. Everything is within walking distance. The room has good size, very clean. The staff was friendly and efficient, always willing to help. I will definitely be back!!

Stayed: October 2013
Jakub T, Front Office Manager at Clarion Hotel Prague Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your fabulous review about the Clarion Hotel Prague Old Town and for choosing our hotel as your 'home away from home'.

It was indeed a pleasure for me to note that you found our location convenient, especially that you remained highly satisfied with your room and with the service provided by our team members. I will be happy to share your kind words with the entire Team.

Please feel free to contact me directly on marketa.nedvedova@clarion-hotels.cz if you decide to visit us in the future to make sure that your next stay will be unforgettable experience again.

I am looking forward to welcome you back in our property.

Yours sincerely,

Markéta Nedvědova

Reviewed 9 October 2013

Our stay in Prague was enhanced by the wonderful location, and lovely quality of the Hotel. Close to everything we wanted, the staff were friendly and helpful, the room comfortable and the breakfast was great. All you could ask for.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank AnnaGhazaryan
Jakub T, Manager at Clarion Hotel Prague Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2013

Dear guest,
thank you for your review and further recommendation to the other travelllers. I am really pleased to read such a positive feedback, especially about our location, quality and staff beeing helpful. Anytime travelling to Prague, we will be delighted to welcome you back in our hotel.
With best regards

Reviewed 8 October 2013

My name is Eytan and I stayed at the Clarion Hotel between 1.10,2013 and 5.101.2013,

Oveall I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel for the following reasons:

1, The room was comfortable and very clean.

2. The breakfast was good.

3. And mainly being Jewish, the hotel staff were very helpfull as for my special needs concerning the my stay over the Sabath. (Saturday)

4. Special thanks to Eleka at the desk who was very helpful

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear guest,
Thank you for reviewing our property.We are pleased to read, that you had a pleasant stay, especially about our staff being nice and friendly. Your positive comments are the best appreciation for their effort. With pleasure I will pass your feedback to them. We hope to welcome you in our hotel in the future again.
With best regards from Prague

Reviewed 8 October 2013

we stayed at this hotel this september and we sure recommand it!
the rooms were wide and clean, wi-fi signal was good, great breakfast.
every question we had was answered with a smile.
the location is excellent - 5 minutes walk from the clock, the paladium mall, and 10 minutes walk to the kharluv bridge.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,
thank you for your review and further recommendation of our Clarion Hotel Prague Old Town.I am pleased to read about good a friendly attitude of our staff. With pleasure I will pass your compliments to our team. Thank you also for positive feedback to our WiFi and comfortable equipment in the room.
best regards from Prague

Reviewed 1 October 2013

We are staying in the Clarion Hotel now, 10/1/2013. Although the location in Old Town is good everything else is at best poor. The furniture appears to be from the 70's. The walls are dirty and require a paint job. The Wifi service is poor. When I contacted the front desk about it they asked if I had an Ipad which I do. They responded Ipads have a problem with their service. They stated I could come down to the lobby and try it there. If you are a smoker you will love it because you won't have to buy cigarettes - just sit in the lounge and inhale. Only 2 staff members have been friendly.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank David A

Dear guest,
thank you for sharing your opinion with other travellers. I am sorry that the hotel didn´t meet your expectations. Rooms are regularly maintained and paintings repaired - once a year, the entire hotel is painted, I forwarded this issue to our technical department and all paintings will be inspected more frequently. The hotel rooms have Wi-Fi 4Mbps, if our guests need a faster connection, we offer hotel lobby or bar, where the speed is 12Mbps The bar is the only place in the hotel where you can smoke, but the aircondition is able to pull all the smoke out - thank you also a notice that I have discussed with colleagues.. Please accept our apology for any inconvenience we might have caused. We hope to get another opportunity from you to welcome you back in the near future
Best regards from Prague