“Friendly Staff and good location”

Clarion Hotel Prague Old Town
Ranked #245 of 649 Hotels in Prague
“Friendly Staff and good location”
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Staying at the Clarion in Old Town was a wonderful experience. Upon arrival we were greeted by Ales and Mickal, these gentlemen were very helpful, pleasant, and more than willing to give us recommendations around Prague. We stayed three nights and the whole staff treated us with great respect. It was apparent they enjoyed our business and wanted us to really enjoy Prague. Would definitely recommend this hotel to fellow travelers, and would stay there again. Very clean rooms, hallways, and lobby.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Markéta N, Front Office Manager at Clarion Hotel Prague Old Town, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Dear Guest,

I sincerely appreciate your time you have taken to to write such a nice review concerning your business trip in Prague.

I was abolutely delighted to read that Aleš and Michal from the Reception went out of their way to make sure your stay will be unforgettable!

Once again, thank you for choosing the Clarion Hotel Prague Old Town and for recomnending our hotel to other travellers.

We will be looking forward to your return stays.

Best regards,

Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Modiin, Israel
Reviewed 22 April 2014

We had a suite at the top floor for me and my wife facing the river and we had a room for 3 at the 5th floor for our grown up kids facing the river as well. The rooms were P E R F E C T, Very well furnished, nice, modern and clean. There was a huge Veranda at the suite. The stuff at the hotel were very nice, kind and trying to help with a smile, something not always common in Prague. Breakfast is very good and quit rich. I almost forgot one of the best assets: location. Location is outstanding. We definitely recommend this hotel and when in Prague - we will stay there again. This is an opinion shared by my wife and my 3 kids as well.
I just got a mail message from Markéta Nedvědová, Front Office Manager, that they found my reading glasses that I had forgotten in my room and they are going to send them to me to Israel ! I have spoken with marketa before arriving and she found out that we are celebrating our anniversary. What a nice surprising treatment we got upon our arrival: fruits, small bottles of Champagne, flowers, and above all a personal note....

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Jacob L
Markéta N, Front Office Manager at Clarion Hotel Prague Old Town, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Dear Guest,

We were thrilled to read that you had an outstanding trip with your family while visiting Prague. Thank you for sharing your kind words on Tripadvisor.

I was most gratified to know that the high service you received was appreciated and that our constant efforts and improvements bear fruit.

Once again, we appreciate your fantastic feedback and thank your for recommending our hotel.

Kindest regards from Prague,

London
Reviewed 21 April 2014

This hotel is located not far from the river just outside the old town, it's a five minute walk to the old town square. It is in a quiet area which was good for being able to sleep well, the bed was very comfortable. Rooms were very clean and had everything we needed, kettle, hairdryer and toiliteries were supplied. The only downside was that we couldn't cool the room very effectively as even thought there were instructions on how to use the heating/air con this didn't seem to work whilst we were there. Breakfast is a buffet served in the onsite cafe/bar, there is a large room used for breakfast so it was not too crowded at anytime we were there. Tea, coffee, juice and a selection of pastries, fruit and breads were available along with bacon, eggs, beans etc. All staff we came in contact with were very helpful and polite. Would definitely stay here again if we could get the air con to work.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank tunsttravel
Dear Guest,

It is always a pleasure to receive nice feedback and I thank you for your precious time to write about your latest experience in our property.

Your great review serves as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests.

I was sorry to read that you experienced difficulties with the air-conditioning in your room. Please, allow me to inform you that the Reception is available 24/7 and my colleagues are always willing to help in such situation.

I hope that this shortcomings will not deter you from returning to the Clarion Hotel Prague Old Town, as we would very much welcome an opportunity to welcome you back.

Regards from sunny Prague,

Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

The front desk staff was very helpful, offering tips on restaurants, things to do, etc. The location was great, easy walking to sites or connections. Room was comfortable, but couldn't adjust the thermostat.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Aries65
Markéta N, Front Office Manager at Clarion Hotel Prague Old Town, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Dear Guest,

We appreciate the time you have taken to write such a positive feedback about your recent stay at the Clarion Hotel Prague Old Town.

It was delightful to read that we managed to contribute to a pleasant stay and thank you for highlighting the convenient location of our property which is just in the city centre.

We would be happy to welcome you back in the near future.

Truly yours,

Αθήνα, Ελλάδα
Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

We visited Prague on Christmas. The staff was very polite, tasteful breakfast even though the options were not many, great service. The rooms were clean and warm - even in the heart of winter. A quiet and comfortable hotel, very close to the center of the city, with good prices.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank maru_vl
Markéta N, Front Office Manager at Clarion Hotel Prague Old Town, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for writing such a nice note following your stay in our property during the Christmas time.

I appreciate your compliments about the breakfast, our rooms and especially the great service!

We are looking forward to your future stays at the Clarion Hotel Prague Old Town.

Regards from the Golden City of Prague,

Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed 2 April 2014

We hosted a 3 day partner meeting at this hotel consisting of 34 delegates from 15 countries in Europe and the hotel exceeded our expectations in every way. Great kitchen, excellent service, clean and comfortable rooms, and more than adequate meeting rooms. The hotel director, Mr. Jacub Trapek and his staff went out of their way to make sure that everything went according to plan. The hotel is well located and easy walking distance from the Old Town and other attractions. I will definitely stay at this hotel when I return to Prague and highly recommend it to friends and colleagues.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Glenn W
Dear Guest,

I simply would like to express my „BIG THANK YOU“ for having stayed with us and for sparing your valubale time to write such a smashing review!

The aim and ambition of Clarion Prague Old Town is to provide our guests with the highest standard in quality and service.

I am really happy to read that we exceeeded your expectations and that all the delegates enjoyed the entire stay in our property.

I hope we will have the pleasure of hosting the conference at the Clarion Hotel Prague Old Town next year again.

With best regards from Prague,

Hamilton, Scotland
Reviewed 31 March 2014

My wife and I have just returned from a 3 night break in Prague. We were not disappointed with our choice of hotel.
On arrival, we received a warm welcome from the lady at reception who spoke perfect English and was really keen to ensure that we would have a lovely stay in Prague.
We had a large, clean modern room on the 5th floor overlooking the river and Government building.
The location is ideal, it is only a few minutes walk to Shopping area at Republik Square and 5 minutes walk to the Old Town Square.
We did not use the hotel restaurant, although the choice of menu and prices were very good.
We spent a full day in and around Prague Castle and had a delightful lunch on the terrace of Lobkowicz Palace Cafe overlooking the city.
Thanks again to the staff at the Clarion Old Town - we hope to return again one day

Room Tip: Try to get a room on a higher floor overlooking the river.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank chris_devlin55
Markéta N, Front Office Manager at Clarion Hotel Prague Old Town, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Allow me to cordially thank you for such a great posting on Tripadvisor and for your precious time you spared to share your comments with us.

I was happy to read that you had an enjoyable time in our hotel as well as in our beautiful Prague.

It was my pleasure to personally assist you upon your arrival and I am glad that the room with the river view fully met your expectations. Thank you for the praise of the hotel staff, I am very proud to work with them. They all are doing a great job!

We highly appreciate your stay in our property and next time you visit Prague, I hope that Clarion Prague Old Town will be your choice again.

Many greetings from sunny Prague,