“Nice and cosy hotel”

Clarion Hotel Prague Old Town
Ranked #264 of 648 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 7 May 2014

We enjoyed our stay at Clarion Hotel Prague Old Town.
The location is really fine. Almost everything we need was in a walking distance.
We contacted the reservation before our coming and they helped us book a room that suits our preferences. The check in and check out was smart and friendly.
Room was comfortable and we had a nice view to Vltava river. The ironing press they had in the room was not convenient for us but they brought an iron and a board at our first request. I would however mention that the hot water was not hot enough for us at the morning 8:30-9:30. All the other time it was fine.
We liked the breakfast for the quality and variety. We are vegetarians and there was quite a good choice for us. However we only had tea as we didn't like the juices they had.

I think it is most you could expect from 4 star hotel in the Europe

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Markéta N, Front Office Manager at Clarion Hotel Prague Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Clarion Hotel Prague Old Town while travelling to Prague.

I was glad to read that you had a pleasant stay in our property and that the room overlooking the river Vltava met your requirements.

We look forward to your next visit in our property any time soon.

Sending you best regards from Prague on behalf of the Clarion Prague Old Town Team!

Reviewed 5 May 2014

My name is Esther Patricia Wall , I traveled to Prague 29 th April 2014 until 3 rd may , I travelled alone nd had an amazing holiday Prague is amazing , my stay in the Clarion was perfect I give it first class rating in every way , the staff are so nice nd so friendly nd help u in every way possible , it's an immaculate hotel nd my room was Beautifull nd so quiet nd lovely air condition , the food was first class nd excellent choice of breakfast , nd location was perfect , best holiday iv ever been on , I can't wait to go back again nd I will definitely b staying in the clarion hopefully same room 209 loved it . Esther Wall

• Stayed: May 2014
Markéta N, Front Office Manager at Clarion Hotel Prague Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Dear Esther Patricia,

We are always eager to hear what our guests experienced while staying at the Clarion Hotel Prague Old Town, therefore I thank you for writing such a fabulous posting! I am so pleased you had a great stay with us.

I have taken the liberty of sharing your generous words of praise with all the team members.

I am confident that on your next visit you will experience the usual high standards for which we are renowned.

Warmest regards from Prague,

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Great location!
The staff the entire time were friendly and helpful.
The rooms were clean and perfect for our weekend away.
The free wifi was great.
The front desk even helped me out by translating ingredient names to help me as I have a few allergies.
The breakfast staff were fantastic and cooked my own breakfast I had brought! My mum and aunties said the food they ate at breakfast was nice- Id get there earlier as it was busy each morning.
We will stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Michelle M
Markéta N, Front Office Manager at Clarion Hotel Prague Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Dear Guest,

I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for sparing your precious time to share your feedback with us.

We are very pleased to learn that you had an enjoyable stay with your family. I haven taken the liberty of passing your compliments on to the Team.

Thank you for all the praise and we hope to welcome you back at the Clarion Hotel Prague Old Town on your next trip to Czech Republic.

Greetings from Prague,

Reviewed 2 May 2014

Staying at the Clarion in Old Town was a wonderful experience. Upon arrival we were greeted by Ales and Mickal, these gentlemen were very helpful, pleasant, and more than willing to give us recommendations around Prague. We stayed three nights and the whole staff treated us with great respect. It was apparent they enjoyed our business and wanted us to really enjoy Prague. Would definitely recommend this hotel to fellow travelers, and would stay there again. Very clean rooms, hallways, and lobby.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

I sincerely appreciate your time you have taken to to write such a nice review concerning your business trip in Prague.

I was abolutely delighted to read that Aleš and Michal from the Reception went out of their way to make sure your stay will be unforgettable!

Once again, thank you for choosing the Clarion Hotel Prague Old Town and for recomnending our hotel to other travellers.

We will be looking forward to your return stays.

Best regards,

Reviewed 22 April 2014

We had a suite at the top floor for me and my wife facing the river and we had a room for 3 at the 5th floor for our grown up kids facing the river as well. The rooms were P E R F E C T, Very well furnished, nice, modern and clean. There was a huge Veranda at the suite. The stuff at the hotel were very nice, kind and trying to help with a smile, something not always common in Prague. Breakfast is very good and quit rich. I almost forgot one of the best assets: location. Location is outstanding. We definitely recommend this hotel and when in Prague - we will stay there again. This is an opinion shared by my wife and my 3 kids as well.
I just got a mail message from Markéta Nedvědová, Front Office Manager, that they found my reading glasses that I had forgotten in my room and they are going to send them to me to Israel ! I have spoken with marketa before arriving and she found out that we are celebrating our anniversary. What a nice surprising treatment we got upon our arrival: fruits, small bottles of Champagne, flowers, and above all a personal note....

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Jacob L
Markéta N, Front Office Manager at Clarion Hotel Prague Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Dear Guest,

We were thrilled to read that you had an outstanding trip with your family while visiting Prague. Thank you for sharing your kind words on Tripadvisor.

I was most gratified to know that the high service you received was appreciated and that our constant efforts and improvements bear fruit.

Once again, we appreciate your fantastic feedback and thank your for recommending our hotel.

Kindest regards from Prague,

Reviewed 21 April 2014

This hotel is located not far from the river just outside the old town, it's a five minute walk to the old town square. It is in a quiet area which was good for being able to sleep well, the bed was very comfortable. Rooms were very clean and had everything we needed, kettle, hairdryer and toiliteries were supplied. The only downside was that we couldn't cool the room very effectively as even thought there were instructions on how to use the heating/air con this didn't seem to work whilst we were there. Breakfast is a buffet served in the onsite cafe/bar, there is a large room used for breakfast so it was not too crowded at anytime we were there. Tea, coffee, juice and a selection of pastries, fruit and breads were available along with bacon, eggs, beans etc. All staff we came in contact with were very helpful and polite. Would definitely stay here again if we could get the air con to work.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank tunsttravel

Dear Guest,

It is always a pleasure to receive nice feedback and I thank you for your precious time to write about your latest experience in our property.

Your great review serves as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests.

I was sorry to read that you experienced difficulties with the air-conditioning in your room. Please, allow me to inform you that the Reception is available 24/7 and my colleagues are always willing to help in such situation.

I hope that this shortcomings will not deter you from returning to the Clarion Hotel Prague Old Town, as we would very much welcome an opportunity to welcome you back.

Regards from sunny Prague,

Reviewed 18 April 2014

The front desk staff was very helpful, offering tips on restaurants, things to do, etc. The location was great, easy walking to sites or connections. Room was comfortable, but couldn't adjust the thermostat.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Aries65
Markéta N, Front Office Manager at Clarion Hotel Prague Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Dear Guest,

We appreciate the time you have taken to write such a positive feedback about your recent stay at the Clarion Hotel Prague Old Town.

It was delightful to read that we managed to contribute to a pleasant stay and thank you for highlighting the convenient location of our property which is just in the city centre.

We would be happy to welcome you back in the near future.

Truly yours,