“Clean, good location, good breakfast!”

Clarion Hotel Prague Old Town
Ranked #262 of 647 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 19 June 2014

My Fiancee and I stayed here during our short tour of Europe between 5/12/14-5/14/14. It was only a short cab ride to and from the train station and a short (5-10 min) walk to the town square. We could easily find our way to the hop-on-hop-off tour location from our hotel as well.

We stayed at 8 hotels during our Europe tour. This one had the best breakfast. Maybe the Italian hotels just don't know how to cook eggs or bacon, or know how great potatoes are at breakfast... and maybe that's the same for everywhere else too? This hotel was the ONLY one that served 'home fries' of any sort. Their eggs were great, bacon/sausage was great. They also had different kinds of bread, croissants, veggies, cold salads, yogurt, cereal and fruit. As someone who has a gluten intolerance, it's nice to have something besides eggs and yogurt at breakfast to fill you up!

The room was pretty small, although we stayed in smaller, simpler rooms than this one. It seemed pretty clean though. The bathroom was clean. No musty smells. Nice room darkening curtains, no loud noises from outside. No issues checking in.

Only thing we didn't enjoy was the hotel's restaurant was lacking. We were walking around all day and didn't want to figure out where to eat so we ate at the hotel's restaurant. It's a nice restaurant, the prices were... OK for Europe- nothing crazy but not cheap. I decided on risotto with chicken, and my Fiancee got a burger. My risotto was kind of cold, bland and the chicken was so overcooked that I didn't eat it. The burger apparently was fine, but would not eat there again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Markéta N, Front Office Manager at Clarion Hotel Prague Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Dear Amanda,

Thank you for staying at the Clarion Hotel Prague Old Town during you visit of Czech Republic and for your time you spared to share your comments with us.

We are very pleased to learn that you had an enjoyable stay and that you remained highly satisfied with our breakfast.

Furthermore, I was sorry to note that the meal in our Benada restaurant was not up to your expectations that day. Please, be informed that in case of such situation there is F&B Manager who can take immediate actions, follow up and make sure this will not reoccur.

I believe that we will have another opportunity of welcoming you in our hotel again.

With best regards from Prague,

There are newer reviews for Clarion Hotel Prague Old Town

Reviewed 19 June 2014

We stayed here on points in January and were impressed with the staff - so friendly and helpful. The hotel's bartender was from Namibia, a student in an agricultural program, so interesting to chat. The room was quite comfortable, if spartan, and clean. We didn't understand why the hallway music had to be so loud, as it seemed this was primarily a hotel for business travelers. Hotel breakfast buffet was generous with a good mix of local specialties. Easy to manage walking distance from Old Town center.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Markéta N, Front Office Manager at Clarion Hotel Prague Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear Betsy,

I was happy to learn of your great satisfaction with your stay in our property.

Thank you for your kind and praising words about the team members!

We all will be looking forward to welcoming you back at the Clarion Hotel Prague Old Town again.

Truly yours,

Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

Well situated hotel near the old city.
That's the main quality of this hotel.
The room is quite big and clean even if air conditionning is not operational.
We stayed 3 nights, I was very surprised that the 2 glasses that were used the day before were not changed??? That's not the level of a 4 stars hotel.
I was also very disappointed by the quality of the breakfast: no fresh juices but chemical ones...sorry people I prefer not to drink anything than drinking this.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Markéta N, Front Office Manager at Clarion Hotel Prague Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sparing your time and posting your review following your stay in our property.

I am glad you enjoyed the spacious room however I was sorry to note that you encountered certain shortcommings.

Your feedback is very important to us and I am disappointed that it was not brought to my or my colleague’s at the Front Desk attention. Please, rest assured that immediate actions would had been taken at that time to make sure you receive great service during your stay for which we are renowned.

Should travel bring you back to Prague, I hope to see you at the Clarion Hotel Prague Old Town again.

Best regards from Prague,

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I spent there 2 nights during my business trip in Prague. I was satisfied with the room. It was comfortable, clean and large. The staff was helpful and friendly. The breakfast was good. Only air condition was not working. I really wont have problem to come back.

Room Tip: My room was No 514
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Blanka,

We all highly appreciate and value your kind feedback you shared with other travellers on Tripadvisor.

I was happy to learn of your satisfaciton with the room, breakfast and, especially, with the service provided by all the team members.

Concerning your comment about the air-conditioning that was not working during your stay, please, allow me to inform you that the Front Desk operates 24/7 and my colleagues are always willing to help our guests to make sure their stay is seamless.

Once again, thank you for writing about your recent experience in our hotel and we hope your next visit will be even more pleasant than the previous one.

Greetings from Prague,

Reviewed 12 June 2014

During our stay we noticed a strange smell in the room after it had been cleaned. When we opened the mini bar fridge on the second day, we nearly passed out because of the horrible smell of leaking cooling fluid. The hotel staff did remove the fridge, but we did not receive an apology. Then, on the last day during breakfast suddenly water came pooring from the sealing and staff was in no hurry to find out what was going on.

Markéta N, Front Office Manager at Clarion Hotel Prague Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear Inge,

First of all let me thank you for your time you have taken to write your posting.

I was sorry to read that your enjoyment of the Clarion Hotel Prague Old Town was marred by certain shortcomings during your recent stay.

I would like to take the opportunity to apologize most sincerely regarding the unpleasant experience due to the minibar that stopped working in your room. After you reported the difficulties the night porter removed the non-functional minibar, it was replaced the next day. I am very sorry that my colleagues did not extend an apology at the time the situation occured, please accept my personal apology on behalf of my Team!

Furthermore, on Sunday June 1st there occured a leakage from the sealing in the breakfast area which was caused by a guest from the 1st floor. Let me assure you, that the matter was immediately reported to the maintenance Manager, it was fixed as soon as possible to make sure it will not be an inconvenience for all the guests during the breakfast time.

Nevertheless, please note, that our guest satisfaction and feedback are very important to us! I hope, that we will be able to welcome you back at the Clarion Hotel Prague Old Town in the future, as we would very much like the opportunity to prove to you, that your experience was an exception rather than rule and that we can indeed do better.

Ms. Inge, I will be happy if you can contact me on my email: marketa.nedvedova@clarion-hotels.cz and share more details concernig your stay with us.

Greetings from Prague,

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Just back from a 3 night stay in the Clarion Old Town. We found it very easy to find. It is handy for all the main attractions. There is a great view of the river and depending on the room you are in you can see Prague castle in the distance.
The staff and very helpful and friendly. (Special compliments to Petra who helped us out)
It is a very clean hotel, really quiet, with comfortable beds. The rooms we stayed in had little balconies which was lovely.
The bathrooms are very well designed and include a hair dryer, which was excellent. Sometimes I find that they can be weak, but this one was excellent.
Breakfasts were great, especially the hot chocolate!!! I would recommend this hotel to anyone going to Prague.

Room Tip: I am not sure if all rooms have a balcony, so you could ask for one that does if you would like this...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Markéta N, Front Office Manager at Clarion Hotel Prague Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Dear Guest,

I was delighted to read that you had a fantastic time not only in Prague but also in our property and allow me to thank you for posting your review.

Thank you so much for the recognition of my colleague Petra from the Reception. I will share your praise with the Team.

We are looking forward to your return stays at the Clarion Hotel Prague Old Town soon again.

Truly yours,

Reviewed 9 June 2014

I recently spent a week at the Clarion Old Town Prague while on a business trip. The staff is very helpful, the rooms are very clean, beds are very comfortable and the free wifi internet is very good. The hotel restaurant was much better than I expected, especially for the lunch specials. The hotel location is ideal for visiting Prague during your off time. It is a 10 minute walk filled with nice buildings and sites to see. I highly recommend the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the river.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank your for staying in our property during your recent business trip in Prague.

By writing us your feedback you are helping us to consistently review the quality of our service and enhance our standards.

We appreciate your kind recommendation here on Tripadvisor!

Sending you best regards from Prague on behalf to the Clarion Prague Old Town Team,