“near prague”
Review of Hotel Svornost

Hotel Svornost
Ranked #462 of 646 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 30 July 2013

I stayed here with a large group (43 travelers) in July 2013. The hotel was clean and in a safe area. The staff was helpful and the breakfast was pretty good. The rooms on the top floor (3) were way too hot and there was no AC. I would suggest asking for a room in the front of the building or on the lower floor.

This is not very close to Prague. It is in a small town a drive away. You will need a car to get around.

Room Tip: This is not very close to Prague. It is in a small town a drive away. You will need a car to get aro...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
7  Thank pam p

Reviewed 18 June 2013

I arrived in Prague for urgent business without reservations in the center but I remembered my great experiences in the Svornost earlier on so I decide to take a chance.
Great location close to the center and with a train station right across the street ( I never tried public transportation in Prague but I was told by other guests it's excellent).
Taxi is very cheap to wherever you want to go.
They might arrange airport pick up for you if you email in advance.
As usual they found me a room even when almost full to capacity and it was very clean,
well appointed with all the modern conveniences and very quiet .
Bathroom was very clean,modern and soft fresh towels.
Dinner was very good and homemade just like it's made for myself at home, with all the pampering of the well trained staff that remembered me from my prior stays.
My breakfast was ideal, I eat only whole grain breads because I'm diabetic,coffee
was unusually good for CZ. and the cold cuts,fruits and pates excellent.
They were also tempting cakes and cookies but sugar and flour didn't allowed me to
enjoy then (but none of their fault).
The front desk help was ever so pleasant and accommodating like all the other times
and found me all sort of sightseeing trips after I was done with business.
There is a very popular and joyful bar on the entrance but the smoke permeates the
place so I had to pass on it although there were lots of people cheering and having
lots of fun ( I envy them but the smoke is s no no for me...).
The prices are excellent for a budget hotel and you get as much as you would get in a
3 stars Prague 1 hotel for 4 times the price.
Mind you this is not for picky demanding people with an eye for luxury or looking
for a boutique hotel with a spa and 5 stars restaurant.
Basic yes,inexpensive,well located,friendly staff,clean,very safe and family oriented too
but you can't ask for miracles for the low prices.
I love it.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the street which is only busy in the rush hour but new double pain wind...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
8  Thank louisphillipp
HotelSvornost, Manager at Hotel Svornost, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2013

Thank you for your visite. We look forward your next visite.
Tomas Kral

Reviewed 27 May 2013

Very good connection with the city center in only 13 minutes. The Hotel is in a quiet area. Parking space free of charge. Good breakfast and very good restaurant with good prices. The most persons in the hotel speak english and german and they are very friendly and helpfull. The room is very simple equipped and very clean. PC station also free of charge. We stayed there only for 2 nights but if we'll get to Prag again we'll book the same hotel :)

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Asfodelo1

Thank you for your visite. We look forward your next visite.
Tomas Kral

Reviewed 2 January 2013

Super cheap, super friendly, great food, nice bar, 12 minuets from city central, overall AMAZING!!! We will be back! And if you order food, a must have is the goulash! It's so delicious!!!! And cheap!!!

• Stayed: January 2013
7  Thank Victoria W
HotelSvornost, General Manager at Hotel Svornost, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2013

We thank you for visiting Prague choosing our hotel.
We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 1 January 2013

We had the family room. It is obviously very dated, stuff was moderately clean, the bathroom and the cups were a little suspect. Shower head broken, water shot out of the crack and it was not adjustable. Breakfast ok, horribly sappy czech music made us gobble and run. Think chinese restaurant music mixed with 80s pomp.

Very close to trainline, smoke not issue in our room, but it made the bar unusable, but this is a czech thing, not hotels fault. Staff helpful and friendly.
I think prague is overpriced for hotels, we picked this because it was cheaper. It was fine for the few nights we stayed, but nothing overly special.

Furniture was soviet era stuff, there were cobwebs and mold. Linens clean. Stupid knobs on hardrails put there by a sadist.
Wife was put off initially, but felt better after a bit.

Stayed: December 2012
3  Thank Christopher D

We thank you for visiting Prague choosing our hotel.
We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 15 November 2012

I don not know what is mean hotel with three stars in Czech republic. Here in Hungary a hotel with three stars give to a turist much more than Svornost.
The second floor of Svornost Hotel is for smokers, we do not smoking, but they gave us a room on this floor. They did not told us that this floor is for smokers. I tried to ask another room but no succes. If our neigbors smoked the smog cam in our room, the window and the door were closed. No phonic isolations we had to go for two times to reception to ask to do smoething with our neighbors, they were very noises. The quality of the room is very poor. There was a hostel feeling not a three stars hotel. I somebody have a minimum quality requirements is better if chose another hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Robert I
Reviewed 10 November 2012

The hotel has new double pain window making it super quiet and warm in the winter.
No noise from the train station or street anymore.
The new bathrooms are great with a glass enclosed shower and grate sink
and modern toilet with porcelain tiles in tasteful colors.
The bed linens are soft,great smelling and new.
My room #11 was small but well equipped with a large wardrobe in the entrance,
a rather large bed,a desk and 2 chairs and a nice T.V. ( all in Czech language).
I hope they change the window curtains to make the room darker in the mornings.
I love this hotel because it's right on the Dolni Pocernice train station just minutes away
from the center with many trains per hour until the last one around 11 P.M. re starting around 5 a.m.
The dinning room is a great example of the communist era decor.
Not luxurious but a great breakfast,very good and hard working staff willing to help as much
as they can.
A similar hotel in Prague 1 or 2 would have cost 5 times more and not as nicely staffed.
A great experience I will repeat very soon.

Room Tip: Ask for Mr.Kral the owner,he speaks fluent English and is always willing to help. Also Mr. Bogdano...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo