Pension Tara
US$112
US$102
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Green Garden Hotel(Prague)(Great Value!)
US$172
US$142
US$324
US$267
Preferred Hotels
US$72
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 25 February 2012

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 7 December 2011

I have been to this hostel 3 different times visiting prague. The reason why I choose this hostel is simply because of the price and location. The standard is not good, but if you only are looking for some place to sleep and take a fast shower its good enough.

The staff is friendly, as well as helpful.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank StigD2
Reviewed 16 August 2011

Before I visited the Czech Rep., I searched a lot about the places both cheap and comfy. It was the high season so I thought I was a bit late for this. I had a reply that Tara had vacancy for 3 (a single room and a double room) and I paid immediately. As I checked from their internet site, it seemed alright to me. When we reached Prague, we found the street where Tara located but it took so long to find the reception. The receptionist was a kind woman who explained me that they did not have room for a single person until the next day and we had to stay in the same room with my other collegues even if I didn't wanted to. The price is fair and the location is excellent for sure. Also, the price did not include breakfast or any other meal or any other drink. You have to climb so many stairs to reach the rooms so my advice is don't take heavy bags with you.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 August 2010

We stayed 2 nights in this hostel. We had to walk up 4 flights of stairs to the very top of the hostel for an attic room. Some of the lightbulbs didn't work and the shower door couldn't close but they were the only problems we had. We had a great stay in the very centre of everywhere we needed to go to. There was some level of noise at night but it was nothing that could be helped. It was only because the window was open and it was too warm not to have the window open.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 June 2010

Great location and a cheap price.

However I found the room I was in to be very shabby - the rooms could do with some real updating and refurbishment. Scrappy bits of carpet, sheets didn't quite fit the beds. I was allocated a room overlooking the market below - due to the temperature and lack of air conditioning in the room we had to keep the windows open which meant it got noisy around 6am when the market started being set up. Also not the easiest place to find either as it is hidden behind a cafe/restaurant.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled solo