“Excellent value for money”

Bohemia Plaza Residence
Ranked #243 of 651 Hotels in Prague
Utrecht, The Netherlands
“Excellent value for money”
Reviewed 13 May 2013

We got a great deal on Booking.com, which made this hotel VERY good value for money. Overall, we had a very good experience.

The entrance hall looks beautiful with restored art nouveau details. The staff is friendly, very helpful and their English proficiency varies from sufficient to fluent.

Our suite was a good size and there was a lot of storage room. Nice not to have to stumble over your suitcases all the time. The bed was decent but quite hard, and my side seemed to slope a bit. We were also situated on the street side, which was very noisy with the windows open. When closed it was alright, and we always sleep with earplugs anyway so it didn't keep us awake, but I can imagine it might be troublesome for a light sleeper.

The kitchenette was nice to have, though you can't cook much there because there only is a microwave. It was convenient to have cutlery and plates to make sandwiches though. The minibar/fridge was quite large and very useful for storing our own food and drinks.

The bathroom was one of the largest I've ever had in a hotel. Shower could have used a bit more water pressure.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Munich
Reviewed 22 January 2013

I decided to make a surprise to my boyfriend and organized for us a romantic weekend in Prague, as he was dreaming to see this city and I was in love with Prague from 2006, when I first visited it. We decided to drive from Germany with a car, it took us only 3 hours to get there and I would recommend everyone who is based in the south of Germany to do this trip once! So, beforehand I asked my friends who had holidays in Prague not far ago about the choice of the hotel and one good friend of mine recommended me Bohemia Plaza and I'm really happy that I made my booking according to her advice!
First of all, the location is very centered! It was pretty easy to find a hotel with simple print from a google maps, and after that, every time when we went out - it took us just 10 minutes by walk to reach the Museum square and all the central located streets. I read that someone noticed noises at night - personally I was very happy about the calmness of the hotel. With such a central location it's a little bit hidden from the crossroad with a big street and that really made an impression of load sounds protection. Also our room (#5) was with the "inner yard view" - that makes it atmosphere really cosy and calm.
Second, the building of the hotel. If u once have been in Prague, u would noticed that every building has it's own character - this hotel is not an exception. When we just saw this huge main entrance door and realized how rich and old is the building in it's own charming way, we were immediately thrilled. Than, after getting inside, u really feel like u have made a journey to the past - high ceiling, all decorated with dark wood and rich materials, marble statues all around. First, I really was afraid that it is not our hotel - cause it was looking too much good for the price that I payed for it. The boy on the reception (Sasha) was very friendly and professional. He've made a check in process immediately, while prescribing us with all the necessary information about the hotel, our breakfast and services that we can have. He was speaking fluent english and gave us really good pieces of advice where we can go for the dinner and what we can see after it, making a short walking trip. All other stuff were also very friendly and smiling, served fast and cleaning properly, without interrupting us.
The room was cosy and clean, with a big king wooden bed and nice sofas. We also had a separate kitchen with all the working equipment, kettle and black tea :) I really enjoyed being there - and after long saturday sight seeing trip - Karl's bridge, castle, all the beautiful small nice shops with old books, postcard or antiquarian goods, and off course huge variety of restaurants with national cousin - it was really great to spent sunday just lying in a bed and reading.
Me and my bf - we were really happy about everything in the hotel and the area around it and would recommend it to our friends.
And some short suggestions - if you want to find nice places for locals - just go one street away from the main places, and u immediately can feel the difference in prices and amount of people. Don't be afraid to try local sweet bakery on the streets - we bought one with cinnamon and I was really upset that we have got only one of it :) Go inside of small shops where people r selling old stuff - u can find many nice and cheap souvenirs there or postcards. Try different beer - don't hesitate to try beer from a small beer houses - some of them r really very tasty! And the last, but not the least - look around! the city is amazing and not only on the main streets, but everywhere!
I wish everyone to enjoy their time in Prague!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Novosibirsk, Novosibirsk, Russia
Reviewed 9 January 2013

My family and I have just returned from a trip to Prague where we stayed at the Bohemia Plaza Residence. We've been to Prague a dozen times, stayed in at least eight nice hotels, and this is the best.
This quaint 19th century boutique hotel has such an endearing ambience and the most spectacular location in town.
The folks at the front desk were friendly, fluent in English and always ready to help. Wifi is free and is impressively fast! The hotel, and the rooms, were spotlessely clean.
Our family with 1 teenager and 5 year old stayed for 5 nights. It was difficult, if not impossible to find connecting rooms for 4 people in Prague. This was one of the few hotels which responded to my email enquiries, and the reservation staff was patient in explaining the type of rooms. We booked the large 2-bedroom apartment with living room at a great price.
The breakfast buffet (which is included with the rooms) was pretty good quality.
The amazing staff made it feel like a second home to us, and we would happily return to Prague just to stay there again.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Natasha P
Prague
Reviewed 30 October 2012

I was really looking forward to this stay. My boyfriend and I had booked a suite for 90€ a night and were expecting very good quality. However on our two nights stay, the first night was spent in a room just above reception. Two singles bed were put together to make it a double bed but we all know that this is not comfortable for couples. Plus it was not a suite. Just a big room.
The night was very loud as we could hear all the noises from the reception downstairs and the street.
The toilets were broken and many other little things did not work. The air quality was really bad as well and it was impossible to open the window. Therefore instead of waking up from our first night in a romantic and nice mood, we were both angry and feeling used.

We complain and then we were moved to a proper suite for our last night. However, I am still annoyed that our first night was not refunded. They promised a suite and we did not have it. Had it been a normal room for 90€ I would have booked in a different place from the start...

As for the rest the location is very good but prices need to be lower as the service is not up to expectations

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

2 Thank carovie
Los Angeles
Reviewed 7 April 2012

We stayed here as part of our Europe trip in Oct '08. We picked this place due to price and location to the train station since we knew we would be getting in late in the evening so didn't want to walk to far. Although the hotel was only a few blocks away from the main train station, we didn't know that it was a bit of an uphill hike. It wasn't so much a concern for me as much as it was for my mom who had a bad back. She still managed to get there it just took a little longer than usual. The hotel itself was not hard to find, though I was a little bit confused because there was a hotel right next door on the corner and it stands out. I walked in there and they told me the hotel was next door.

Walking in to the building you come in to a foyer with a set of stairs leading up to the reception area. The whole feeling from the front door to the room produced a feeling of walking into the past. An elegant past at that. We were checked in by a helpful young man who worked the night shift as a way to help pay for college. He provided us with all the typical hotel info and our keys and we were on our way up the stairs, which were quite fanciful. The room itself was a little odd, but nice and comfortable. When you walk in, you come into a room that has the sofabed, TV, and desk. To the left was a small area that contained a small dining table with chairs and a kitchenette. The bedroom was in a separate room and it had a large queen bed with a couple of night stands. The bathroom had a bit of an odd configuration. Opening the door the lav was in what appeared to be a hallway. At the end of the hallway was a bidet, toilet, and shower. Since I was sleeping on the sofabed, I was a bit more susceptible to noise from the staircase and the window. Didn't hear the stair themselves as much as the people walking up the stairs. Did hear what I think was the ambulance once, but that went by quick. A sofabed is a sofabed and have still not met one that I can say was as comfortable as a regular bed. My folks said the queen was very comfy so glad about that.

Luckily the breakfast more than made up for my so-so sleep. It was hearty and lots of great choices. The pretty cool thing was the paper plate mats which contained info about the hotel and other tidbits of info.

We enjoyed our stay at this hotel even though it is not necessarily extremely close to the old plaza, but since Prague is quite enjoyable to walk, the distance wasn't really an issue. Would definitely stay here again if the price was right.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Beenaround73
West Yorkshire
Reviewed 8 March 2012

Just returned from 3 nights in Prague and thought the Bohemia Plaza represented excellent value for money. Whilst an attic apartment, it was more than adequate for our needs - nice to have a fridge and kettle, so you can keep drinks cool, make a cup of tea etc.

Spotlessly clean when we arrived and room serviced daily. It was nice to have 2 duvets (big double bed), plus a radiator that you could regulate.

Breakfast was great - cold meats, cheeses etc, plus small offering of hot choices including scrambled eggs, bacon and spicy sausages.

Location wise, about 10 minutes from Wenceslas Square. If we were to visit Prague again, we would certainly return to the Bohemia Plaza!

Room Tip: You don't get a view from the attic rooms, however, as you are likely to spend limited time in t...