“Popped in for lunch”

James Joyce The Irish Pub
Ranked #153 of 5,945 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Staré Město (Old Town)
Reviewed 7 May 2018 via mobile

Had a great lunch with colleagues on the patio. I had the burger and others in our group had the curry and pulled pork sandwich.

Food was great and our server was excellent! She also suggested different options for things to do while touring around Prague on our down time.

2  Thank Foodie4Life1982

Reviewed 22 April 2018 via mobile

We stayed in an apartment about 100 feet from the pub. Luckily, not too loud during the evening. having lived in England, I am familiar with pub food. Yes they had great Shepard’s pie but much more. the first night my wife and I ordered, pork belly, chicken schnitzel and the soup of the day..pea. It was the best pea soup I’ve ever had. Pork belly was amazing and schnitzel nice and crispy. Today we had “Sunday Roast”. great roast beef, roast potatoes, Yorkshire pudding, gravy, mashed potatoes and roasted veggies. High recommendation. Only issue is smoking at outside tables.

1  Thank bobdowe
Reviewed 10 April 2018 via mobile

Lovely atmosphere and friendly staff - great bar area. Great wine that is so cheap too and not like a typical Irish bar!

1  Thank 421james1968
Reviewed 9 April 2018

We were in Prague during the weekend of the rugby European cup matches and found this bar to watch the games on the Saturday and Sunday. The locals did seem a bit bemused by this `alien' sport, but tolerated our passion. Great Czech beer, of course, and a fine burger and chips meal served by a delightful young lady. Despite our best efforts, she failed to understand rugby! The nice thing is that it is out of the way of the main drag where there are far too many stag dos.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

The waitress was really nice which always makes a huge difference in how we feel about a place. My son got a burger and liked it. I got the special which had been translated as 'pot roast. So it wasn't pot roast in the sense that I am accustomed in that it was basically a piece of pork - but, it was still good. The one disappointment was the loaded potato skins - only 3 halves and a tiny salad was close to $10 USD. Overpriced for the size. For that price I would expect 6 halves. Overall goid - down a quiet side street, out of the tourist mayhem. We will return as we live here.

1  Thank safarigirlNC