“Superb ”

James Joyce The Irish Pub
Ranked #142 of 5,893 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Staré Město (Old Town)
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Had lunch and beer here outside on a beautiful day and dinner later on. The food and service is very good. Even though Prague is the EU beer capital, fresh Irish beer is the best for us.
A very cosy pub atmosphere with clean WC and great Wifi.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I relocated to Prague for 10 months while working on a film over there. One of the crew members discovered the James Joyce early on and it soon became our local. This pub became my home away from home, I became good friends with the staff - always a good laugh and very welcoming from the beginning. This pub also does a fantastic Sunday roast. We were working very long hours and there was nothing better than finishing work and heading to the Joyce to unwind with a couple of G&Ts. I've moved back to the UK now but I really do miss this pub.

2  Thank Clare H
Reviewed 7 May 2018 via mobile

Had a great lunch with colleagues on the patio. I had the burger and others in our group had the curry and pulled pork sandwich.

Food was great and our server was excellent! She also suggested different options for things to do while touring around Prague on our down time.

2  Thank Foodie4Life1982
Reviewed 22 April 2018 via mobile

We stayed in an apartment about 100 feet from the pub. Luckily, not too loud during the evening. having lived in England, I am familiar with pub food. Yes they had great Shepard’s pie but much more. the first night my wife and I ordered, pork belly, chicken schnitzel and the soup of the day..pea. It was the best pea soup I’ve ever had. Pork belly was amazing and schnitzel nice and crispy. Today we had “Sunday Roast”. great roast beef, roast potatoes, Yorkshire pudding, gravy, mashed potatoes and roasted veggies. High recommendation. Only issue is smoking at outside tables.

1  Thank bobdowe
Reviewed 10 April 2018 via mobile

Lovely atmosphere and friendly staff - great bar area. Great wine that is so cheap too and not like a typical Irish bar!

1  Thank 421james1968