We selected the Pachtuv Palace for it's location in the Stare Mesto (Old Town) area of Prague, near the Charles Bridge. We stayed in the Villas section (18th century) and had two suites. Both were very large and airy. Bedding was good. Accommodations in the Villas are accessed by going up some stairs and some rooms have bathtubs that may be difficult for an elderly person (we were traveling with my 80-year-old Mother). Guests must cross an outdoor courtyard to get to the Villas, but umbrellas are supplied.
Additional rooms are located in the 'newer' section of the hotel (from the 19th century). Currently there is some construction of the tram line in front of the hotel along the river.
The hotel was charming, staff friendly and helpful and electronics and amenities up-to-date. Suites had a cooktop, for use with the tea kettle that proved impossible to figure out. Coffee maker was new, single cup style that could have used instructions for the uninitiated. Although bathrooms were totally modern, toilets were located separately from the bathroom, in some cases outside the bedroom. Although this was a little unusual it was not a problem. Villas have free internet with ethernet cable provided. Since I could never get it to work, which may have been a computer issue, I used the free wi-fi in the lobby. In summary, it was more like staying in an apartment than a hotel.
The staff was attentive to details and recognized we were celebrating some birthdays with some special 'treats' in our rooms upon arrival.
They are low-key about their interesting history which includes frequent stays by Mozart (whose favorite suite was 105) and visits from Beethoven, Wagner and Casanova.
We enjoyed our stay and felt that this smaller, more intimate hotel offered a true, high quality, European experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pachtuv Palace is located in a prime location in the heart of the city and is closely linked with great names of the music world like Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, ancient and contemporary celebrities. Steps away from Charles Bridge, within easy walking distance to all major landmarks of the Prague. Pachtuv Palace provides an average room size of 65 sqm, fantastic views, air-conditioning, kitchenettes, free internet, fitness room, in-room massages and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TravelClick, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Agoda, Ebookers, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Pachtuv Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mamaison Pachtuv Palace Prague
- Mamaison Pachtuv Palace Hotel Prague