This is situated a few steps from the Charles Bridge and Four Seasons - where I highly suggest going for an afternoon tea by the fire. Its location is removed just enough from the busy surroundings to keep the hotel a quiet and relaxing escape from a busy day of touring.
I arrived early and the staff kindly upgraded the room, so that I had a place to put my bags. At the end of the trip, I was pleased to find that the upgrade was free. Advantage Pachtuv Palac!
The rooms are spacious, although the bathroom was a bit awkward - small irregular shower with no shelves for shampoo/conditioner. Fine toiletries from high-end retailers are renewed by staff daily, but there is an interesting lack of hair conditioner at all hotels in Prague.
This room was particularly comfortable, with a small seating area, separate shower and toilet rooms, and a generous and mini kitchen area. As with the other hotel where I stayed (Kempinski) leaving a do not disturb sign out, does not mean the room will not be serviced by housekeeping.
I didn't care for the buffet breakfast served in the hotel restaurant - eggs were overcooked, quality of food was less than expected. So be safe, order the breakfast of breads. Czechs have the best pastries and breads in the world! If you want to go out for a continental style breakfast I highly suggest Paul - a little cafe with reasonably priced and fresh-baked goods just a ten minute walk from the hotel.
The service here is wonderful and worth every dime of the cost. I highly suggest inquiring about an upgrade, as the staff readily looks forward to making your stay at the Pachtuv Palac a memorable one.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pachtuv Palace is located in a prime location in the heart of the city and is closely linked with great names of the music world like Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, ancient and contemporary celebrities. Steps away from Charles Bridge, within easy walking distance to all major landmarks of the Prague. Pachtuv Palace provides an average room size of 65 sqm, fantastic views, air-conditioning, kitchenettes, free internet, fitness room, in-room massages and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TravelClick, Odigeo, TravelUp, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda and Ebookers so you can book your Pachtuv Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mamaison Pachtuv Palace Prague
- Mamaison Pachtuv Palace Hotel Prague