“A Very Nice Place”

Ranked #91 of 670 Hotels in Prague
Van Buren, Arkansas
“A Very Nice Place”
Reviewed 8 April 2012

We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel. The staff treated us very well. The room was plenty big and kept very clean. The location is perfect in our opinion. I would recommend getting their private car to take you to and from the airport. It is very reasonable and you will appreciate not having to worry about anything. The gentlemen that perform this function are very good at their jobs. I wish every place we stayed was like this one. Their little kitchenette is fantastic for keeping a few things cold - and they will get you ice if you need it. Something I really enjoy when I have a drink. They were also very free with the bathroom toiletries and used a top brand.

Thanks - Bill

Room Tip: Some of the rooms have better views. We did not have a great view, but had a little patio that you c...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (284)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
England, UK
Reviewed 5 April 2012 via mobile

A charming establishment in a perfect location for Old Town Prague. Very close to all popular attractions as well as the tram/metro station. Staff were friendly and helpful, room was massive and clean, I got a free upgrade from a junior suite to a two bedroom suite. Hotel is never busy, and was a welcome break from all of the American chain hotels, with a more private service and experience. I highly recommend this hotel, however if I could suggest one thing then it would be to lower the laundry costs, irons are not allowed in the rooms due to safety reasons, but the cost of ironing for just 3 casual items was almost £20. That is the only negative I could possibly say, and ths hotel definately still gets 5*!

Stayed April 2012
Magor, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 March 2012

I think the title of my review says it all. Simply excellent. From the moment of check in where I was helped by Roman and another male staff member, who I think was a trainee but still very helpful, I have nothing but praise for this establishment. The building is immaculately clean and well turned out with a delightful terrace area, my room was spacious and I was lucky enough to have a sitting area and a view of the river. I loved the bed. Great location right next to Charles Bridge but also an easy walk to the old town and the castle. I even walked one night to the State Opera and that took about 45 minutes. I should mention great advice on restuarants and a useful free map on arrival also. Transfer back to the airport very reasonably priced in a beautiful merc and good efficient staff and tasty food in the restuarant. The hotel did very well, please go and stay there , I hope to do so again soon.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank matthow
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 28 March 2012

i was on a biz trip to prague in feb 2012 and stayed in suite no 207 overlooking the river - from the time i entered the hotel totally tired with hours of flying the experience was nthg but exceptional......the staff is always read to help - no matter how many times i would call them to replace the toiletries ( my fav l'occitance products )- they would always answer with a big smile - my room was ultra posh - free wi fi connection, massive bedroom with a huge living room and a small pantry - it was home away from home undeniably....loved the candies in the bowl at the reception ...their restaurant amade does fantastic food - although options for vegetarians was limited the chef was able to put together a pasta and grilled vegetables dish effortlessly altho it was not a part of the menu..........they even helped call a private cab to take me to the airport which i have not seen many posh european hotels do...all in all i would go back to them again with my beau in summers ...the hotel is right across the charles brigde.....the view from the stunning

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank poojapuri
Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 March 2012

We stayed here for 19 March for 3 nts - was absolutely fabulous... we booked a deluxe double for a special Anniversary and were welcomed with champagne in our beautiful room overlooking the river with a view of the Charles Bridge and castle in the background all floodlit - what a treat...couldn't have asked for a more special location!! must have been upgraded!! Would def recommend this hotel to anyone the location is to die for and everything is so close and within walking distance - loved the trams outside and so quick to walk over the river (go late at night when it's quiet and floodlit - truly magical) - went for a run up to the castle and back along the bridges to the "dancing house" past some beautiful areas and down onto one of the islands in the middle of the river. Prebooked Prague airport transfers for taxi into Prague - so helpful with map,booklet and free walking tour done by lovely local cz lad - definitely recommended - but beware there are several "free" walking tours with a red umbrella so check you are with the right guy a local not a kiwi or similar!
Great bar across the road by the weir with great close up view of Charles Bridge! had been looking at hotel next door to American embassy so glad we didn't stay there no view and police everywhere. Go to concert in Mirror Concert hall at 5pm if you can and great little short cut through Klementium

Room Tip: River view
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Rachel C
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 March 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights in late February and were very pleased with our choice. The only reason I've taken a while to write the review is because I want to go back and don't want it to get too booked up! The location was perfect - we could easily walk to all the attractions and best bars and restaurants. It is right by the Charles Bridge on the old town side of the river, which is the best.
Our room was fantastic, so much so that the real challenge was leaving it to explore Prague. Staff were friendly and helpful and gave us excellent recommendations for a place to go for breakfast, The Cafe Rouge - do go - we went for lunch as well! Go to Prague, stay here - you'll have a great time.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank WhizzieGoldstar
Falkirk, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 March 2012

I can only say that our experience from start to finish was 5 star.
The staff were nothing but exceptional, nothing was too much trouble and the initial welcome at reception was only enhanced when we were shown to our room
The room (suite) overlooked the river at the front of the hotel but due to the excellence of the windows and secondary glazing there was absolutely no noise whatsoever from the road/s.
The room was spotlessly clean and the facilities consistent with the service.
If i was asked for my only suggestion it would be access to more English speeaking TV channels as BBC World news can be a tad repetetive
However, in a foreign country I am absolutely aware that as a visitor I cannot expect to have "all the comforts of home" having said that the Hotel came very very close
If you are considering visiting Prague then I would have no hesitation in recommending the Pachtuv Palace given its position and quality of service
I will be returning soon to see more of this magical city and I will definitely be returning to the Palace.

Room Tip: Room with a river view
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family