This hotel is located right on the river near Charles Bridge and the old town. Staff are very helpful, the rooms are spacious and clean, and the reservations people help with absolutely everything. They also show kindness and tolerance when you need to change plans at short notice, not charging penalties when they would be entitled to them. It's a beautiful historic building that won't disappoint. The only negative experience is the breakfast served in the adjoining restaurant. It's expensive, very poor food, monotonous and bad quality, irrespective of whether you take the buffet or a la carte. The best option is to simply eat elsewhere and not let the restaurant detract from an otherwise excellent hotel that really is five star.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Smetana Hotel (formerly Pachtuv Palace) is located in a prime location in the heart of the city and is closely linked with great names of the music world like Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, ancient and contemporary celebrities. Steps away from Charles Bridge, within easy walking distance to all major landmarks of the Prague. Pachtuv Palace provides an average room size of 65 sqm, fantastic views, air-conditioning, kitchenettes, free internet, fitness room, in-room massages and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Smetana Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mamaison Pachtuv Palace Prague
- Mamaison Pachtuv Palace Hotel Prague