Smetana Hotel
Attractive(Prague)
  • Free Internet
  • Restaurant
1,537 results
All reviewspachtuv palacecharles bridgefour poster bedold townmini kitchenriver viewbedroom suiteprague castleperfect locationbeautiful hotelcoffee machineseparate toiletthe hotel staffhigh ceilingssitting roomturn down serviceacross the river
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 January 2013

My husband and I have just returned from a 3 night break in Prague staying at the Mamaison Pachtuv Palace Hotel. We booked a Deluxe Suite and were upgraded to a Executive suite (Room 209). Such a beautiful spacious suite with private balcony and wonderful views of Prague Castle and Charles Bridge. The hotel is so clean and well maintained could not fault anything. It is in a perfect location for seeing all the sights. The staff cannot do enough for you, so very helpful and pleasant! This is now our 4th visit to Prague and it was the best yet due to this fantastic boutique hotel, we did not want to leave! We will book this hotel again for sure when we return, planning next trip already !!!!!!!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GillyAberdeenshire
Lucie D, General Manager at Smetana Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2013

Dear Gilly,

thank you for your wonderful review that you recently shared on the Tripadvisor. Also thank you for choosing Mamaison Suite Hotel Pachtuv Palace for your stay in Prague.

It is a pleasure to hear you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for your compliments about hotel and our staff members. I will make sure to share this review with them. They always appreciate to hear back from our guests especially with nice comments like yours.

When you decide to come back to Pachtuv Palace, please contact me directly. I will be more than happy to take care of your reservation and nice room upgrade.

With kind regards from Prague,

Reviewed 12 January 2013

We stayed here for four nights beginning on New Year's Day. We had a two bedroom suite (Room 301). We were traveling with our daughters (14 and 12). The room was gigantic. The bedrooms are very large, the beds comfortable and the bathrooms well-appointed. You can walk to everything from this hotel. So if you want an early morning photo, it's easy to get out, walk across the street and voila-the Charles Bridge. This room has a lovely view of the river and the Charles Bridge. While there, our youngest daughter became ill. The staff was very attentive, helped arrange a physician visit and made sure she had everything she needed. One person in particular, Wendy, was always checking on us to make sure we were enjoying our visit. We will be back in Prague many more times and will stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank madagee

Dear Guest,

thank you for your recent visit at Mamaison Suite Hotel Pachtuv Palace Prague and also thank you for this lovely review.

I was very pleased to read your positive comments regarding your room and the great customer service. I am happy you felt comfortable in your room and enjoyed close distance to all the major sights.

I will personaly give your word of appreciation to Wendy who took good care of you and your family. I hope your daughter is well already.

Give my regards to your family and I hope I will get the opportunity to welcome you all back soon.

With kind regards from snowy Prague,

Reviewed 12 January 2013

We booked this hotel for our three night stay in Prague for it's proximity to the attractions. Unfortunately this also meant that there is a fair bit of late night/ early morning noise from partiers. Most of the rooms have a view of Charles bridge but our two bedroom suite at the back of the hotel in the attic had no such view. The room was large with two bedrooms, lounge, kitchenette, two bathrooms and one toilet. Being in the attic there were narrow steps to negotiate and you couldn't stand to have a shower if you were an adult because of the sloping roof line.
All in all however the service and common areas were very good and it was a avery handy spot to explore the beautiful city that is Prague.

Room Tip: Front of hotel rooms apparently have views of Charles bridge and Castle.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank JanaliSydney

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your feedback on Tripadvisor and also thank you for staying at Pachtuv Palace during your recent visit of Prague.

I checked your reservation and it was made for a room without a view, therefore we allocated you in the back wing of our hotel and also upgraded you to a nice two bedroom suite. I apologize the room wasn’t as per your expectations. Pachtuv Palace due to its rich history and original architecture can sometimes offer unusual room features and abnormalities. I understand what one person likes the other doesn’t and therefore we strive to do our best to change room if complaint like yours occur, therefore I was wondering if you raised your dissatisfaction at the reception during your stay? If so, I would appreciate the name of the staff member so I can find out more regarding this misunderstanding.

I appreciate positive comments regarding the common areas and most importantly customer service which you found very good. I will share your comments with entire team.

If you decide to return to Pachtuv Palace, please contact me directly and I will be happy to alocate you room according to your needs.

With kind regards,

Reviewed 11 January 2013

Checked in the 2nd weekend in December for a long weekend in this magical city- decided to swing through Prague to attend their christmas markets that are scattered around the city. We flew in to Vaclav Havel airport & decided to use the hotel's car service to pick us up as we had heard stories of cabbies ripping you off since people arriving to Prague arent familiar with their currency. A great idea & they will just add it onto your bill. Driver was very nice & car was a very nice Mercedes S class- spacious & comfortable. Dropped off right out front of the hotel which is a stones throw from the river & the Charles Bridge. A beautiful building & lobby that felt like a living room from years ago. Very well decorated & bathed in light. Check in was easy & everyone spoke English very well. Our room was up on the 2nd floor & what a beautiful room that looked out onto the river through the trees & up to Prague Castle. High ceilings, beautiful silk curtains (with black out liners) & beautiful period furniture. Bohemian crystal chandeliers in the living room & one in the bedroom- nice dimmers on them as well. Suite consisted of a LARGE living room that just reaked of history with its plaster carved ceilings & marble fireplace, the parquet floors were beautiful & the floor to ceiling windows with French doors that open out on to the terrace that ran the length of the suite. Out on the terrace was a little bistro table & chairs that would be great to be out on if it wasnt below freezing. We couldnt figure out how to open the door anyway to go out there- im sure if we asked to have it opened it wouldnt have been a problem. Comfortable furniture, a sofa, chair & a chaise lounge, as well as a dining set for 4. A good sized bureau in the living room housed the mini bar, coffee machine & a sink. Wine glasses & an opener were also available :) The bedroom was also a very good size, there was a dressing table/chair closet with enough hangers as well as a safe. Bed was a king size canopy bed that was a little on the hard side- ample comfy pillows & duvet- good nights sleep for sure. The bath was quite nice & modern- large bath, double sinks & great lighting. Another crystal chandelier as well :) Great bath products from L'Occitane. 2 WC's in the suite- one @ the entrance & the other just off the bath. Great fan- you almost feel like you are going to be sucked up into it. Only complaint we would have about the bath is that the hot water was a bit tardy getting to the room- but once it was there it was HOT. We chocked it up to this is a 17th century palace & its one of the charms :) Television only had a couple of English news stations which was fine. Breakfast is served in the downstairs restaurant & it was fine- nothing too spectacular- the normal meats, cheeses breads & cereals. Pastries were also avail. We did order some espresso & was told that it would be an extra charge- but it was really good espresso- so no worries. Overall the Pachtuv Palace was very nice, we would stay there again as it is SO close to everything- Charles Bridge is a 5 min walk, the river is across the street with a fab view to Prague Castle. There is a tram stop across the street from the hotel, Town square is a 10 min walk from the hotel- its all right there. Great restaurants are also littered through out the cobble stone streets behind the hotel. We ate @ School one night which is right next door & it was great (reservations really suggested on weekends) & we ate @ other neighborhood places around town. Prague is a magical city- get out there @ night & see the city, climb the towers, enjoy all the beers, order a pork knuckle-they are HUGE- learn to say hello (Dobry- den) & thank you (daku ye)- its a fantastic city & a very nice hotel.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view of the castle- its beautiful to see @ night :)
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Todd B
Lucie D, General Manager at Smetana Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2013

Dear Todd from Switzerland,

Thank you so much for sharing your detailed review to our hotel.
I am happy to hear our hotel met your expectations and overall you have enjoyed your stay with us.
I will forward your compliments to our hotel driver, as you mentioned it is always more comfortable to have somebody waiting for you rather than search for a taxi. The taxi drivers here can be a little dishonest sometimes, as they probably are in all the major cities. Anyways our hotel is always happy to provide our driver to our guests to make their transfer as comfortable as possible.
I also appreciate comments about our staff members, we always try our best and comments like yours are great motivation to keep going.
I am glad you enjoyed your room and the view it offers. I am sorry you were not able to open the balcony doors, our bellboy would definitely help you with it. I just went to the room myself and they seem to be working. I apologize for the tricky supply of the hot water and thank you for your understanding.
Thank you again for the review and I hope I will see you at Pachtuv Palace soon. Prague is beautiful in Spring

With Kind regards,

Reviewed 7 January 2013

We booked with clever hotels.com they provided an efficient service and we were delighted with the hotel ,hotel staff and the location was perfect for our stay in Prague. The hotel restaurant was friendly and accommodating the food was of good quality. We enjoyed our stay so much we aim to return again in the future.

• Stayed: December 2012
Review collected in partnership with clever-hotels.com
1  Thank Decisio

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing of your feedback here on the Tripadvisor.

I am happy to hear your were happy with the services and the hotel itself. It is great that we met your expectations.

I hope I will have the opportunity to welcome you back at Pachtuv Palace in the future.

With kind regards,