“Outstanding experience”
Review of Smetana Hotel

Smetana Hotel
Ranked #93 of 647 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 29 March 2013

Clearly, one of the best hotels, we have experienced. Luxurious rooms, cleaningess, location. Everything was perfect! It doesn't look like hotel at all. Very personal staff attitude, reception and everything else make you feel as you are at home, and a luxurious one!

• Stayed: December 2012
Lucie D, General Manager at Smetana Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay at Pachtuv Palace with other travellers. I also thank you for choosing our hotel.

I was pleased to read your compliments regarding the rooms, location and personal staff attitude. I am happy you felt like home here. I will definitely pass your compliments onto the team.

We are looking forward to welcome you back soon,

Reviewed 28 March 2013

MaMaison has several location in Prague; within blocks of the Charles Bridge, minutes from the Old Town Square, the Pachtuv Palace is in a perfect setting for a first visit to Prague. If you get disoriented in direction, just follow one of the many walking tours, and you'll end up either at the Bridge or the Astrological Clock.
Entering the hotel, the lobby appears as a lovely living room -comfortable conversation seating areas, displaying beautiful artwork by local artists - glasswork, jewelry, bronze statuary. The reception/concierge staff is at the far end of the parlor; checking in is simple, and friendly. Having reserved our trip through Classic Vacations, our stay included daily breakfast and welcome cocktail (missed that), and, they upgraded us to an executive suite! But, the upgrade was wasted on us; even though the elevator goes to the 4th floor, the suite on the 5th floor required an extra run up the stairs to the living area, and another flight of stairs to the sleeping area and shower room. Live many European venues, the W/C is split from the shower - a plus in my book, but not when it's down the flight of stairs. They graciously moved us to a junior suite, that was spacious, quiet, cozy and still filled with turn-of-the-century charm. Plenty of room for unpacking your clothes, lots of outlets to plug in chargers, decent hair-dryer, plenty of hot water, really comfortable beds. Both rooms required some ducking to miss the exposed ceiling beams; not a problem, either an asset or a flaw, depending on your viewpoint; me, I thought it charming.
Each room has individual Wi-Fi; easily accessible throughout the hotel and dining room.
Cross the port-cochere for access to the dining room; the breakfast buffet offered a good variety, and of excellent calibre. (Embassy Suites variety, infinitely better quality of food: fresher, pastries crispy, bread wonderful) -- fresh fruit, cheeses, cold cuts, wonderful breads, eggs to order on request, cereals, coffees, teas, juice; staff was really helpful and gracious.
All in all, a fine location, a boutique feeling hotel with lots of charm; lovely courtyard, great breakfast and quiet retreat in the heart of tourist attractions of Prague.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank dappledsunlight
Lucie D, General Manager at Smetana Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2013

Dear Valued Guest from California,

I appreciate your time you took to share your comments regarding your recent stay at Pachtuv Palace with other travelers here on the Tripadvisor. I would like to thank you for choosing our hotel for your Prague visit.

It is a pleasure to find out that you were satisfied with your stay especially with our service, sleeping quality, room features and location. I was also pleased to find out you enjoyed our breakfast and the service at the restaurant. I will make sure to share your lovely comments with all the staff members.

As you granted us 4* I was wondering if there was something else we could have done differently to make your stay more enjoyable? You can share it with me directly at ldagan at mamaison com.
I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon!
With kind regards,

Reviewed 27 March 2013

Arrival a glass of sparkling wine. The room was large and lovely views of the river. Great location and Prague is lovely.

Staff very friendly and helpful. Room cleaned daily. Would I recomend this hotel - certainly enjoy.

• Stayed: March 2013
Lucie D, General Manager at Smetana Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2013

Dear Valued Guest from UK, Dear Jeanne,

I appreciate your time you took to share your comments regarding your recent stay at Pachtuv Palace.

We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay, especially your room, its views and our friendly staff members. I will pass your comments among the entire team.
Thank you for your recommendation.

I am looking forward to welcome you back at Pachtuv Palace soon!

Reviewed 24 March 2013

Just spent a wonderful week in Prague. Pachtuv palace was a great place to stay. The hotel had great charm, a large quiet room and friendly and attentive staff. The room was beautifully warm - it was cold in Prague. The location was perfect for walking - it was within an easy walk of all the historic sites. It also had excellent tram service right outside the door. Strongly recommend.

Room Tip: Our room did not have a view and was very quiet. Rooms in the front of the hotel looked out on the C...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Lucie D, General Manager at Smetana Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2013

Dear Valued Guest from San Francisco,

I sincerely appreciate your comments which you shared with other travelers here on the Tripadvisor. Thank you for choosing Mamaison Suite Hotel Pachtuv Palace for your recent stay in Prague.

I was very pleased to read your compliments regarding the room and our reception staff which you found friendly and attentive. We always strive to achieve the highest level of customer service and I am happy to hear you had great experience.

I hope I will have the opportunity to welcome you back at our hotel on the future occasion,

With kind regards from Prague,

Reviewed 21 March 2013

I visited the Mamaison Pachtuv Palace for a long weekend in early December 2012 to visit the Christmas markets in Prague, and the stay was very much divided in two.

The hotel itself is perfectly located, just a 5 minute walk from the Charles Bridge and no more than 10 minutes to the Old Town Square. We opted to pay a little extra for an upgrade when we arrived and it was well worth it - our room was lovely, with a four poster bed, a huge bathroom and, best of all, a lovely view of the bridge and Prague Castle.

For the first couple of days, our stay was perfect - the hotel reception was beautifully decked out with its Christmas decorations and the staff were very courteous and friendly. However, for the last couple of days the hotel reception was totally taken over by filming of a movie or TV show - it was absolute chaos, with filming equipment and crew everywhere. We felt as though we weren't allowed through reception or to speak when we were passing through, and when we came to check out we couldn't even get down the stairs with our luggage because it was so cluttered with equipment. We had to wait for our driver to arrive and had to sit in the corner of the reception area in total silence for half an hour while filming took place.

I was really disappointed that the hotel didn't see fit to forewarn us either when we checked in or at any point during our stay that there would be filming taking place and the reception area would be, to all intents and purposes, out of bounds for guests. Whilst this was quite a specific issue and won't affect the majority of guests, it was a poor piece of customer service from the hotel, and for the price we paid I expected better. I would have given the hotel a higher overall rating otherwise.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Lucie D, General Manager at Smetana Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2013

Dear Valued Guest from London,

I sincerely appreciate your feedback regarding your recent stay with us, we readily welcome both positive and constructive comments. I would like to thank you for taking your time to share your comments with the Tripadvisor community and also thank you for your stay in December 2012.

Whilst I am pleased to read your compliments regarding our hotel, location and the courteous and friendly hotel staff, I felt sorry to learn about your disappointment with the filming crew at the reception. I understand the three days of filming were an inconvenience for our guests as well as the reception staff. The information flyer was placed at the reception and we also attached the information about filming into the guest suggestions placed into the rooms upon the turn down service every day. I apologize if the information regarding the filming was not communicated to you in a clear way upon your arrival and am sorry for the caused inconvenience.

However, I truly hope you thoroughly enjoyed your stay, thank you for your remarks and I do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in Mamaison Hotel Pachtuv Palace on a future occasion.

With my Best regards,

Reviewed 21 March 2013

I spend 3 days in Prague during March 2013. Excellent hotel, excellent and friendly staff. very quiet room and hotel. Also staff who speak Spanish. Breakfast buffet is excellent (surcharge) . Very good location. 200/300 meters from Charles Bridge. Very near from the Clock... Excellent wi fi internet in the room.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Lucie D, General Manager at Smetana Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2013

Dear Marcelo from Brasil,

many thanks for taking your time to share your comments regading your recent stay at Pachtuv Palace. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay, especially our staff members, room, location and free wi-fi in the room.

I will personaly give your word of appretiation to our staff members as well.

Thank you again and we all hope to welcome you back at Pachtuv Palace soon!

Have a great day,

Reviewed 19 March 2013

I visited Prague with my girlfirend and had an amazing time, we stayed at the mamaison for 3 nights and enjoyed it very much.

We were given a suite on a top floor located in the courtyard, our views were amazing as we could see prague bridge. Hotel staff were frienldly and we were offered complintary drinks on arrival.

The hotel itself is very old calssic looking and has a luxury feel to it.

There is a gym in the hotel wich was a bonus.

The location of the hotel is great and very central to all local attractions.

I would defiantely reccomend this hotel and is great place for couples to stay

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Lucie D, General Manager at Smetana Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2013

Dear Tyler,

I was very pleased to read your compliments regarding your stay at Pachtuv Palace which who shared with other travelers here on the Tripadvisor. I would like to thank you for choosing our hotel for your three night stay.

It is great to hear you enjoyed your suite on the top floor and its wonderful views of the Vltava river. I am very appreciative of your positive comments regarding our staff members who made you feel welcome since the beginning.

Thank you for your recommendations and I truly hope to welcome you back soon.
Have a great day,