“Beautiful boutique hotel, excellent service”
Review of Pachtuv Palace

Pachtuv Palace
Ranked #96 of 649 Hotels in Prague
WHITE PLAINS
“Beautiful boutique hotel, excellent service”
Reviewed 24 June 2013

We stayed at the Pachtuv Palace for four days in the beginning of June. We arrived shortly after the Vltava began to subside after the flooding. We were greeted by a glass of champagne after our long overnight flight from the US. Every member of the staff was exceptionally kind, friendly and helpful. We had booked a junior suite and were delighted to be informed that our room had been upgraded. Our suite was huge--bigger than our first apartment- with two big windows which opened to an amazing view of the river, with the Castle district and Charles bridge. The waters were still very high and the sound of the rushing river was beautiful. We kept the windows open whenever possible to hear the sounds and soak in the view. The living area was nicely appointed with a sofa, side chair and a lovely chaise lounge. There was also a mini-kitchen with sink, refrigerator and mini bar, coffee maker, dishes and utensils. The bathroom had both a large tub and a separate shower, with a separate toilet area located in the hall. The hotel is very nicely located, within walking distance of The Charles Bridge (which was unfortunately closed to foot traffic during our visit) and the old town area and shopping. However, being a few blocks away from the main tourist areas, it was quiet at night. Vaclav Havel's theatre is located next door and there are many interesting sites which were pointed out to us by our private guide. I frequently took myself outside of the tourist areas and got deliberately lost walking through back streets, even during the nighttime hours. I never felt that the area was dangerous, even when walking alone for several blocks down deserted streets. The breakfast was simple, nothing special. The hotel seemed to be fairly empty during our few days and we noticed that the breakfast choices diminished during the quietest days. However, we felt the selection was adequate. The waiter offered to make eggs to order, but we were satisfied with the offerings. We asked for dinner recommendations each night and each of the restaurants suggested by the concierges were excellent. If you like boutique hotels in lovely surroundings, you will not be disappointed by The Pachtuv Palace.

Room Tip: Ask for a junior or deluxe suite with a view.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Lucie D, General Manager at Pachtuv Palace, responded to this review, 25 June 2013
Dear Valued Guest from White Plains,

Thank you very much for sharing your lovely comments regarding your recent stay at Pachtuv Palace with other travelers here on Tripadvisor. I would also like to thank you for choosing our hotel for your Prague visit.

I am very pleased that you enjoyed our hotel, its location, your room and our staff members who gave you good recommendations on restaurants and other places of interest here in Prague. I will pass your comments onto the entire team. I hope your stay was not too influenced by the flooding.
I will be very happy to welcome you back at Pachtuv Palace when your future plans bring you back to Prague.

Lucie Dagan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (290)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Miami
Reviewed 23 June 2013 via mobile

We stayed here last week at the end of our 15 day European tour. We arrived after 11pm to the hotel and were shown to our room, which was in the old building. We climbed 3 flights of stairs (NO ELEVATOR) to arrive at the attic of the building which had been transformed into a hotel room. Low wood beams throughout the rooms including in the bathroom. The few windows were high, and small. Zero view of anything. Avoid room 312 in the old building. Having said this, once we complained the staff was very nice to include our breakfast, reduce our bill and offer to take us to the airport as compensation. We were fine with that and enjoyed the rest of our stay. The point here is that this is a beautiful hotel with a great location, I would recommend it making sure you are booked in the new building with views of the Prague Castle. The staff is very freindly and professional and will try to accomodate any special request.

Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Dear Valued Guest from Miami,

I would like to thank you for taking your time to complete the review regarding your recent stay at Pachtuv Palace here on the Tripadvisor.

I was concerned to hear about your disappointment with your room upon arrival. Pachtuv Palace is a very architectonically unique building coming from the 18th century. As it is under the Unesco protection the reconstruction was under strict supervision of authorities and I understand that some features can seem odd to some travelers (beams, no elevators in some parts, etc.). What some travelers appreciate, others can find weird. I am happy the reception solved your dissatisfaction in a timely efficient manner and your stay wasn’t influenced by our first choice of your room.

We are happy that you overall enjoyed your stay, especially the location of our hotel, the hotel itself and our staff members. Thank you for awarding us with 4* and I truly hope to welcome you back soon.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 June 2013

This hotel was amazing, we stayed for 3 days in the heatwave, and the location was excellent as we had to go back our hotel 3 times to shower! The staff were brilliant and OMG the rooms were so big, clean and a fantastic little kitchen hidden in the wardrobe. We ate in the Hotel restaurant and the food was lovely and the presentation even better, we had a balcony and the room overlooking the lovely courtyard, this hotel is very clean and if I went back to Prague this is were we would stay again. we were celebrating our wedding anniversary and the staff put a card and a bottle of champagne in our room .

Room Tip: We stayed in room 304 - very spacious more like an apartment than a room - separate toilet too!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Lucie D, General Manager at Pachtuv Palace, responded to this review, 24 June 2013
Dear Valued Guest from London,

I would like to thank you for sharing your positive review regarding your recent stay at Mamaison Suite Hotel Pachtuv Palace with other travelers here on the Tripadvisor.

We are very pleased that you enjoyed our spacious rooms, its features and also our staff members. I will make sure to pass your compliments to them. We are always honored to be part of someone´s special occasion and I am happy you enjoyed our treatment. I would like to congratulate you on your anniversary and thank you for choosing our hotel to celebrate it.

I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon. Thank you for recommendations.

Lucie
Melbourne
Reviewed 18 June 2013

The concierge were very helpful with tourist activities around Prague. The room had everything we could ask for. Worth paying a little extra to have such a great base in a good location in Prague. Close to everything, but a short walk away from the Old Square so not too noisy. Beautiful balcony overlooking the red rooftops of Prague.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cbrock93
Lucie D, General Manager at Pachtuv Palace, responded to this review, 19 June 2013
Dear Valued Guest from Melbourne,

Thank you very much for awarding us with a 5* review here on the Tripadvisor. Also thank you for choosing Mamaison Suite Hotel Pachtuv Palace for your recent stay in Prague.

We are pleased to find out that your stay met your expectations and you enjoyed particularly our concierge services, your room and the hotel location.

I truly hope I will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon,

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 14 June 2013 via mobile

I do not where to begin.
The MaMaison Hotel Pachtuv Palace Hotel is beautiful in every way. Abundant art. Spacious and well decorated rooms and grounds. Meticulous! Clean! The location is ideal, perched on the river. The staff is amazing. I must add that I do not praise easily. I am a very fussy person about the hotels I stay at. I have high standards for room, location, cleanliness. Part of that comes from my years as Director of Training for An international hotel brand.
Special thanks to concierge Wendy Kropackova, who patiently and thoughtfully communicated with me for nearly one year while I planned this celebration adventure. I do not know where to begin or how to find the words that fully capture her professionalism, responsiveness, patience, and excellence. When we finally arrived, I felt like I was meeting a friend. And Wendy did not disappoint. We had a glorious room. A fabulous view. Wendy remained attentive and capable continuing to make recommendations and provide guidance for our stay. I will add that the entire staff, though I do not know their names, demonstrated similar qualities and professionalism.
Thank you MaMaison Pachtuv for making our first visit to Prague so memorable!

Stayed June 2013
2 Thank Maggie0203
Dear Valued Guest, Dear Maggie,

I would like to thank you for the positive comments regarding your recent stay at Mamaison Suite Hotel Pachtuv Palace. We are honored you chose our hotel for your stay in Prague.

We are pleased that you enjoyed your room and its views. I especially appreciate your feedback on our reception team and mainly Wendy. I have already shared your feedback with her and she was very flattered by your comments.

I am happy you had a memorable stay and I hope to welcome you at Pachtuv Palace again when your future plans bring you to Prague,

Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 11 June 2013

My husband and I are long-time fans of the hotel chain Mamaison. So when we decided to get married in Prague, we chose the Mamaison. The Mamaison Suite Hotel Pachtuv Palace different from other hotels of the Mamaison in Prague with its majestic elegance and a perfect location. We have written to the hotel directly and booked three rooms for us and our parents. Arriving at the hotel on the 5th of March, we plunged into the atmosphere of warmth, comfort, friendliness. We were provided with gorgeous rooms (Deluxe suite and Junior Suite), elaborately decorated antique style, with a view of the Charles Bridge. Also we contacted with the restaurant manager, because we planned to organize a small stand-up meal before the Wedding. Manager Ales organized on the appointed day, March 8, a small stand-up meal at the highest level. Thank him very much! For a photoshoot on the Wedding day the staff of the Mamaison Suite Hotel Pachtuv Palace kindly provided us with Executive Suite. This is a magnificent Suite, believe me! After the official ceremony and dinner, a bit tired but happy we returned to the hotel. We were very surprise! The bedroom and bathroom were decorated with a slices of roses and a hearts of Czech glass! And, of course, a bottle of champagne with chocolates! Breakfast, service worthy of the highest praise! A special thank you to Kamila, Iveta, Wendy, Martina, all girls on the Reception! Thank you for making our stay in the Mamaison Suite Hotel Pachtuv Palace unforgettable!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Anzhelika S
Dear Anzhelika,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your lovely comments regarding your recent stay in Pachtuv Palace. We are always very honored when we can be a part of such a special day as the wedding of our guests. Thank you for choosing Pachtuv Palace for this occasion of yours.

I was very pleased to read your compliments regarding your rooms, the views and overall ambiance of the hotel. Least but not last I would like to thank you for the compliments regarding our staff members. I will pass your feedback onto them. They will be happy to hear that we made your special day even more special.

I hope to welcome you back soon…maybe on the first anniversary?:)

Have a wonderful day and thank you again for your recommendation,

Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed 10 June 2013

A beautiful, perfectly located hotel with very unique rooms to choose from. We wanted a good view, but instead got AMAZING view! Right on the river and very walkable to just about wherever you want to go. All staff were professional, friendly and efficient. Being greeted with a glass of bubbly wine or water was appreciated after a long day of travel. We arranged through the hotel to have a driver pick us up at the airport, and that worked beautifully. Would definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Dear Valued Guest from Arlington,

I would like to take this moment to thank you for sharing your 5* comment with other travelers here on the Tripadvisor. We appreciate that you chose Mamaison Suite Hotel Pachtuv Palace for your recent stay.

I was pleased to find out that we met your expectations and that you enjoyed especially the view and our staff members who you found to be professional, friendly and efficient. I will share your compliments with them.

Thank you for your recommendation and I hope to welcome you back at our hotel soon,