“Great hotel, great location”
Review of Pachtuv Palace

Pachtuv Palace
Ranked #97 of 649 Hotels in Prague
Melrose, United Kingdom
“Great hotel, great location”
Reviewed 28 July 2013

I can only say great things about this hotel. Our room is huge! We have a two bedroom suite with two bathrooms and it's really lovely. The room is very clean and attractively decorated and the best thing of all is how well the A/C works. What a delight to come back from a very hot day of sightseeing and enjoy the wonderful coolness and comfort of our room. I could live here! Our room is over 1200 sq feet! We were also given a very good family rate which made our 3 night stay all that much better. I would definitely recommend the hotel and stay here again.

Room Tip: The two bedroom suite is amazing for two couples or a family.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Lucie D, General Manager at Pachtuv Palace, responded to this review, 30 July 2013
Dear Valued Guest from Melrose, United Kingdom,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your positive feedback regarding your recent stay in Pachtuv Palace. Also thank you for choosing our hotel for your Prague visit.

We are pleased to hear that you and you and your loved ones enjoyed our hotel and that we met your expectations.

I hope to welcome you back soon,

Lucie Dagan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (289)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Reviewed 24 July 2013

I went to Prague with my wife two weeks ago. The hotel has a great location. It is not very big, which I appreciate. The rooms are very nice and the decoration is beautiful. But apart of that I only have negative experiences.
Yes, the rooms are really nice, but they are very dirty. They made us a free upgrade to the ground floor, which was supposed to have air conditioner, but the truth is, that on the ground floor there is no air conditioning even they say there is. I complained about it, so they changed us to another room. The new room was on the 2nd floor. When we went to the reception to complain about this things, the only person that was there was a very helpful trainee. She nicely explained me that she was new and that she had to call her manager. When the front office manager came, she did not have a smile on her face. When she sat down we could smell that she just came from smoking, and really this is not professional. When we told her the problems that we had, she started looking for a solution and she told us she could give us a room with the views. While she was doing all the changes and we were talking to her she was taking care about her private phone that was ringing every second. She told the trainee if she could show us the room so we could make a decision. She took us to the room with a great attitude, offering her help at anything we needed. After deciding to keep that room, which was supposed to have views to the river and not to the trees, another trainee came and brought us our luggage. He always had a smile on his face and also offered his help at anything we needed. After saying this, I might say that the hotel is far of being a 5 stars hotel. The staff in general was really nice and helpful during our stay. But the company should really think about that Front Office 'Manager'.

Best from Holland.

2 Thank ananimo
Lucie D, General Manager at Pachtuv Palace, responded to this review, 31 July 2013
Dear Valued Guest from Eindhoven,

I would like to thank you for choosing Mamaison Suite Hotel Pachtuv Palace for your recent stay in Prague. We very much appreciate that you took the time to write the review here on the Tripadvisor, thus making a contribution to our on-going effort to improve the services of our hotel. In this respect all comments from our guests are helpful and extremely valuable for us.

I was very concerned to hear your comments regarding the behaviour of our front office manager. I discussed the whole issue with her and took all the necessary measurements to prevent similar complaints in the future. I would like to assure you that this is not our standard and I deeply apologize that you experienced this type of treatment. I would like to also assure you that the phone she was using is solely for the hotel purposes and she was using it to communicate to the housekeeping regarding the rooms. I am sorry if you got the impression she was rudely using her private phone.

On the other hand I was pleased to read that you enjoyed our location as well as the rest of the staff members which you found really nice and helpful. I will forward your feedback onto them.

The team of Pachtuv Palace will do its best to improve on the quality in the future. We are sorry that we could not satisfy all your expectations this time and very much hope that we will have the opportunity to provide you with better service during your next stay.

We shall be very pleased to welcome you to the Hotel Pachtuv Palace again.

Shanghai, China
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Since my last stay, I thought the hotel couldn't perform better, but no! they could! In general it was like returning back to the old friends' house:)

Once again we got upgraded from the initial booking to a higher level room, which was HUGE. No, seriously, there is so much space there that you keep thinking "wow! is this all space really mine? wow!".

It is definitely better in Prague in summer. Warm weather, you can stay in the hotel garden and enjoy it, although I still prefer to go out, run away from the main tourist routes and enjoy the city.

Yes, Valera this time worked properly, no complaints about that.

All the communications with the staff prior to booking (we were changing one of the guests' name, ordered a transfer from and to the airport) were fast and flawless. It is great to know that whatever questions you have, they will address them professionally and in a timely manner. Makes you feel relaxed and assured everything is going to be fine:)

So, sorry for being quite boring with the review this time, but the hotel once again proved to be the best for our stays in Prague, definitely recommended, and I will return again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Lucie D, General Manager at Pachtuv Palace, responded to this review, 25 July 2013
Dear Pavel from Shanghai,

What an amazing review! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with other travelers here on the Tripadvisor. Also thank you for choosing our hotel again for your stay in Prague. We truly appreciate your loyalty.

I am happy to hear that your second stay was as enjoyable as the first one. Thank you for the compliments regarding your guest room and our staff members . I will definitely pass your feedback among the team.

We all will be happy to welcome you back soon when your future plans bring you back to Prague.

With warmest regards from Prague,

Antwerp, Belgium
Reviewed 19 July 2013

Pachtuv Hotel is a nice place in the middle of the city near the Charlesbridge. We stayed for 3 nights with breakfast. We got upgraded to a junior suite on the 5th floor. Large room with lots of place. Like the building, the rooms combines modern and ancient aspects. Bathroom and toilet were comfortable.
Breakfast is great but not superb. The first day service was running strange, no plates, wrong plates ... (fawlty towers immitation?). There was a lot of fresh fruit.

1 Thank stevenenhilde
Dear Valued Guest from Antwerp,

We all appreciate the positive comments you shared here on the tripadvisor with other travelers. Thank you for choosing Mamaison Suite Hotel Pachtuv Palace for your stay in Prague.
I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your upgrade to a junior suite as well as the entire building. I am glad we met your expectations.

We are looking forward to welcome you back soon,

Atlanta, GA
Reviewed 13 July 2013

I'm tardy getting this review done... We stayed in March 2013 for four fantastic nights. The location in Prague is perfect for exploring the city. Surrounded by stellar restaurants such as School and Bellevue, close to all the sites and shopping, we couldn't have done better in choosing a great hotel. On top of everything, the staff learned it was our 20th wedding anniversary and decorated our room with rose petals for our arrival, with Czech sparkling wine chilled and ready. You'll get a little flavor of old world Prague with period furniture but with modern amenities such as espresso maker, refrigerator, towel warmer, etc. When back in Prague, Mamaison is our go-to hotel.

Room Tip: Suites overlooking river and castle are roomy with great view. Forego breakfast in the hotel (very e...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Lucie D, General Manager at Pachtuv Palace, responded to this review, 24 July 2013
Dear Valued Guest from Atlanta,

I would like to thank you for taking your time to share this positive feedback with other travelers here on the Tripadvisor. We highly appreciate it. I also thank you for choosing Mamaison Suite Hotel Pachtuv Palace for your March stay in Prague.

We are very pleased that our hotel met your expectations and you enjoyed your visit so much. Thank you for comments regarding your satisfaction with your room and our staff members. We feel honored that you chose our hotel for such a special occasion of yours as the 20th wedding anniversary and I am happy you enjoyed our treatment.

I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in Pachtuv Palace during your future visit.

Kempton Park, South Africa
Reviewed 13 July 2013

The hotel is beautiful. Was a bit difficult finding it from the tram stop but it was worth it. The staff was very friendly and extremely help full. The suites was very big and spacious and the views of the Castle and Charles Bridge was spectacular.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Valued Guest from Johannesburg,

We all appreciate the positive comments you shared here on the tripadvisor with other travelers. Thank you for choosing Mamaison Suite Hotel Pachtuv Palace.

I am happy to hear that our hotel met your expectations and you enjoyed your stay with us, especially your room, our friendly staff members and the views of the Prague Castle.

I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back when your future plans bring you to Prague again.

Lucie
Paris
Reviewed 6 July 2013

I have read trip advisor"s advice before choosing the hotel as ever and was not at all disappointed by the fantastic situation of the hotel literally 1minute and 30 seconds from Charles Bridge! The place is spotless and there is a nice deco and garden and a second courtyard for the more expensive rooms in the old part of this little ancient palace, and that place should be very quite. I was surprised by my nice room too, spacious and spotless, with a small separated kitchen and a free coffee machine and boiler for tea. My rate was good as I reserved through a good booking service that did applied an extra 15% to their already good price to be so well situated. But... in a 5 stars hotel you do not wake up customers because they are still in their rooms at 1pm (not on checking out day) pretending the notice outside the door was "please make my room"...The room I had was in a corner on the first level and it was already noisy enough and I could not sleep very well even with double windows and ear plugs! There was constant vibrations coming from the street even if the tiny street on the side does not have much traffic but the main street in front is busy. I have also asked kindly if i could check out a little latter on checking out day (did not mean 5 o'clock but perhaps have 30 minutes more) and the guy at the reception gave me an abrupt "no sir it's impossible we are full tomorrow" with no manners at all :(
I understand the rush and if every customers would eask the same thing it would be impossible but at least be more courteous and say: "let me see if we could do something for you" even if it is not possible...on the all I am happy with the general comfort and situation of the hotel but not pleased with the service. Although I might use it again if I would get a different room but for this same rate! I understand there are rooms with a view that could not be offered with my kind of rate but they should be on upper floors or in the old palace part...There is also a nice gym well equipped especially for weight lifting (the other machines are not that professional) and unfortunately not even a tiny sauna.

Room Tip: No corner rooms and maybe better in upper floors to avoid vibrations. Ask for the view!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Readytrip
Dear Valued Guest from Paris,

I would like to thank you for choosing Mamaison Suite Hotel Pachtuv Palace for your recent stay in Prague. Also thank you for sharing your comments with other travelers in the Tripadvisor community. We appreciate both, positive but also the constructive ones.

I am sorry your otherwise enjoyable stay was influenced by the lack of professional approach from the reception clerk. I will definitely make sure to discuss your comments with the front office manager and together ensure that similar incident will not happen in the future. It would be really helpful if you could contact me with the name of the person who did you speak to. Please accept my apology for the entire team and know this definitely is not our standard. We always do our best to satisfy our guests and if the availability allows we are happy to move the check-out time for hour or so at no charge. I regret to hear that you experienced different service and as you said, the situation should be handled differently as this most certainly is not a standard of a 5* hotel. The customer service has always been very important for us as you can see from the previous satisfactory comments of other travelers and we dearly cherish our guests.

On the other hand I am happy to hear that you very much enjoyed our location and the comfort of our hotel and are considering your return during your future stay.

We will be honored to welcome you back,

With Kindest Regards,