Smetana Hotel
Preferred Hotels
US$71
US$63
  • Restaurant
Green Garden Hotel(Prague)(Great Value!)
US$140
US$129
Priceline
US$167
TripAdvisor
1,554 results
All reviewspachtuv palacecharles bridgefour poster bedold townmini kitchenriver viewbedroom suiteprague castleperfect locationbeautiful hotelcoffee machineseparate toiletthe hotel staffhigh ceilingssitting roomturn down serviceacross the river
Reviewed 3 August 2013

This hotel is wonderfully located very close to the river and to Charles Bridge and within easy walking distance of the old town, the National Theatre and the shopping precinct. We had a junior suite that was huge and very comfortable. The hotel was stylish, retaining lovely historical characteristics with all the modern conveniences. The staff were courteous and very helpful and the hotel car to the airport at the end of our stay removed all the hassle. Definitely a five star experience.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Lucie D, General Manager at Smetana Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2013

Dear Valued Guest from Sydney, Australia.

I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay at Pachtuv Palace with other travelers here on the Tripadvisor.

We are pleased to hear, that your expectations were met and that you enjoyed our location, your room and our courteous and helpful reception staff as well as the hotel car service.

I hope to welcome you back in Prague and Pachtuv Palace soon,

Reviewed 28 July 2013

I can only say great things about this hotel. Our room is huge! We have a two bedroom suite with two bathrooms and it's really lovely. The room is very clean and attractively decorated and the best thing of all is how well the A/C works. What a delight to come back from a very hot day of sightseeing and enjoy the wonderful coolness and comfort of our room. I could live here! Our room is over 1200 sq feet! We were also given a very good family rate which made our 3 night stay all that much better. I would definitely recommend the hotel and stay here again.

Room Tip: The two bedroom suite is amazing for two couples or a family.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Lucie D, General Manager at Smetana Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2013

Dear Valued Guest from Melrose, United Kingdom,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your positive feedback regarding your recent stay in Pachtuv Palace. Also thank you for choosing our hotel for your Prague visit.

We are pleased to hear that you and you and your loved ones enjoyed our hotel and that we met your expectations.

I hope to welcome you back soon,

Reviewed 24 July 2013

I went to Prague with my wife two weeks ago. The hotel has a great location. It is not very big, which I appreciate. The rooms are very nice and the decoration is beautiful. But apart of that I only have negative experiences.
Yes, the rooms are really nice, but they are very dirty. They made us a free upgrade to the ground floor, which was supposed to have air conditioner, but the truth is, that on the ground floor there is no air conditioning even they say there is. I complained about it, so they changed us to another room. The new room was on the 2nd floor. When we went to the reception to complain about this things, the only person that was there was a very helpful trainee. She nicely explained me that she was new and that she had to call her manager. When the front office manager came, she did not have a smile on her face. When she sat down we could smell that she just came from smoking, and really this is not professional. When we told her the problems that we had, she started looking for a solution and she told us she could give us a room with the views. While she was doing all the changes and we were talking to her she was taking care about her private phone that was ringing every second. She told the trainee if she could show us the room so we could make a decision. She took us to the room with a great attitude, offering her help at anything we needed. After deciding to keep that room, which was supposed to have views to the river and not to the trees, another trainee came and brought us our luggage. He always had a smile on his face and also offered his help at anything we needed. After saying this, I might say that the hotel is far of being a 5 stars hotel. The staff in general was really nice and helpful during our stay. But the company should really think about that Front Office 'Manager'.

Best from Holland.

2  Thank ananimo
Lucie D, General Manager at Smetana Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2013

Dear Valued Guest from Eindhoven,

I would like to thank you for choosing Mamaison Suite Hotel Pachtuv Palace for your recent stay in Prague. We very much appreciate that you took the time to write the review here on the Tripadvisor, thus making a contribution to our on-going effort to improve the services of our hotel. In this respect all comments from our guests are helpful and extremely valuable for us.

I was very concerned to hear your comments regarding the behaviour of our front office manager. I discussed the whole issue with her and took all the necessary measurements to prevent similar complaints in the future. I would like to assure you that this is not our standard and I deeply apologize that you experienced this type of treatment. I would like to also assure you that the phone she was using is solely for the hotel purposes and she was using it to communicate to the housekeeping regarding the rooms. I am sorry if you got the impression she was rudely using her private phone.

On the other hand I was pleased to read that you enjoyed our location as well as the rest of the staff members which you found really nice and helpful. I will forward your feedback onto them.

The team of Pachtuv Palace will do its best to improve on the quality in the future. We are sorry that we could not satisfy all your expectations this time and very much hope that we will have the opportunity to provide you with better service during your next stay.

We shall be very pleased to welcome you to the Hotel Pachtuv Palace again.

Reviewed 22 July 2013

Since my last stay, I thought the hotel couldn't perform better, but no! they could! In general it was like returning back to the old friends' house:)

Once again we got upgraded from the initial booking to a higher level room, which was HUGE. No, seriously, there is so much space there that you keep thinking "wow! is this all space really mine? wow!".

It is definitely better in Prague in summer. Warm weather, you can stay in the hotel garden and enjoy it, although I still prefer to go out, run away from the main tourist routes and enjoy the city.

Yes, Valera this time worked properly, no complaints about that.

All the communications with the staff prior to booking (we were changing one of the guests' name, ordered a transfer from and to the airport) were fast and flawless. It is great to know that whatever questions you have, they will address them professionally and in a timely manner. Makes you feel relaxed and assured everything is going to be fine:)

So, sorry for being quite boring with the review this time, but the hotel once again proved to be the best for our stays in Prague, definitely recommended, and I will return again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Lucie D, General Manager at Smetana Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2013

Dear Pavel from Shanghai,

What an amazing review! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with other travelers here on the Tripadvisor. Also thank you for choosing our hotel again for your stay in Prague. We truly appreciate your loyalty.

I am happy to hear that your second stay was as enjoyable as the first one. Thank you for the compliments regarding your guest room and our staff members . I will definitely pass your feedback among the team.

We all will be happy to welcome you back soon when your future plans bring you back to Prague.

With warmest regards from Prague,

Reviewed 19 July 2013

Pachtuv Hotel is a nice place in the middle of the city near the Charlesbridge. We stayed for 3 nights with breakfast. We got upgraded to a junior suite on the 5th floor. Large room with lots of place. Like the building, the rooms combines modern and ancient aspects. Bathroom and toilet were comfortable.
Breakfast is great but not superb. The first day service was running strange, no plates, wrong plates ... (fawlty towers immitation?). There was a lot of fresh fruit.

1  Thank stevenenhilde

Dear Valued Guest from Antwerp,

We all appreciate the positive comments you shared here on the tripadvisor with other travelers. Thank you for choosing Mamaison Suite Hotel Pachtuv Palace for your stay in Prague.
I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your upgrade to a junior suite as well as the entire building. I am glad we met your expectations.

We are looking forward to welcome you back soon,