“historic building..good location”
Review of Smetana Hotel

Smetana Hotel
Ranked #83 of 647 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 15 February 2014

charming hotel, good location, decent rooms. Definitely not 5 stars but good 4 stars -yes.
Staff not very helpful, before departure we needed urgently an iron ( could not wait for service to take our things, iron and give back in 1 hour ) but we were informed that in the hotel they do not have iron and they can"t provide it. Interesting, isn"t it ??

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Lucie D, General Manager at Smetana Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Dear Valued Guest from Poland,

I would like to take the opportunity in thanking you for having choosing the Mamaison Suite Hotel Pachtuv Palace for your stay in Prague.
We very appreciate that you shared your experience with other travellers among the Tripadvisor community.

It was with great pleasure to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you will retain a pleasant memory of our hotel. I am sorry to hear that some aspects were not as per your expectations. I apologize for the inconvenience with the iron. We unfortunately don’t provide the iron to our guests simply for the safety reasons. However we gladly provide the ironing service. I hope this little incident didn’t cause you problems and hope the situation was handled by the reception staff in a professional manner.

Once again thank you for your time and I would be very pleased to welcome you back to the Pachtuv Palace again.

There are newer reviews for Smetana Hotel

Reviewed 11 February 2014

Pachtuv Palace is ideally located in the center of Prague, two minutes away from the bridge.
Despite being in a touristic area (and thus crowded at certain periods of the day), the hotel is really quiet, with large space to enjoy and relax. Everything is provided. Staff is really keen on pleasing you anytime without being oppressing.

100% recommended for any stay (it was our first in Prague and we will definitely come back).

1  Thank Jojofifa

Dear Valued Guest from Paris,

Reviewed 11 February 2014

All in all it was a very nice hotel with very helpull staff and excellent location.

I also enjoyed the sculptures in the garden :)

I personally would prefer a bigger variety in breakfast bouffe but that's just a detail.

Dear Valued Guest from Athens,

Reviewed 10 February 2014

My husband and I stayed recently for five nights at the Pachtuv Palace and had an excellent experience. We were greeted by three receptionists who were extremely helpful. One checked us in, while another gathered leaflets on local attractions and poured us complimentary champagne and another took our bags to our room. We were given a free upgrade to a suite instead of the double room we had booked.

The suite was beautiful. It had antique, dark wood furniture including a fourposter bed and parquet flooring. It had a mini kitchen and a lovely modern bathroom. The hotel has a lovely courtyard with sculptures in it which our suite faced onto. The room was meticulously clean and kept that way throughout the stay.

The hotel is very quiet despite being close to bars and restaurants and it is in an extremely convenient location just down from the Charles Bridge. The Charles Bridge is a 2 minute walk, the National Grand Theatre is a 5 minute walk, the Old Town Square is 5-10 minutes walk, Wenceslas Square is around 15 minute walk.

We would most definitely stay here again.

1  Thank BelfastGems

Dear Valued Guest from Belfast,

It was with great pleasure to learn that you and your husband enjoyed your stay with us and that you will retain a pleasant memory of our hotel.

Reviewed 7 February 2014

I've been here with my girlfriend for 3 nights, as the welcome, as the staff, as the room are very very very good. I broke a glass, and 2 minutes later the cleaning service was already there to clean up. The rooms are very big and nice and clean! One of my best experiences in a hotel in Prague. One of my top hotels I've done ever. I only can recommend it.. also the place it has in the city is just perfect, very central just nearby the karls bridge.. you even haver rooms with vieuw on the river and there is absolutely no noice at night! I give this hotel a 10, because they deserve a ten!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Thomas,

It was with great pleasure to learn that you and your girlfriend enjoyed your stay with us and that you will retain a pleasant memory of our hotel.

Reviewed 7 February 2014

The location of the luxury hotel is perfect, just besides charles bridge, everything is within walking distance. The restaurant is well decorated but not expensive, we recommend duck leg and black beer, which is very tasty. We were upgraded to a two bedroom suite, so that my 6-year-old son could have his own bedroom. we used the hotel's trasport service to the airport the day we left Prague, which was very convenient in the early moring. we didn't have breakfast in the hotel since I thought it was expensive compared to dinner, so we'd rather to go to cafe Louvre.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Dear Valued Guest from Beijing,

It was with great pleasure to learn that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us, especially the location, our restaurant and that you will retain a pleasant memory of our hotel.

Reviewed 5 February 2014

This was a great hotel and great value! It's location just off the water - but there are no other building in front so you have a view of the river, the Charles Bridge and the Castle! It's worth paying for a river view room.

This was the only hotel we stayed in in Europe that truly had a "King Bed." While there are less staff than you may be used to in a 5-start US hotel, it's great service! The location is also great bc it's an easy 5 minute walk to the old town square where most of the tours are located.

The room was clean, nicely decorated, huge bed, big bath, it even had a kitchen unit! My husband is quite tall, so we always appreciate a big bathroom.

If you're going to Prauge, this is a hotel worth checking out!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest from New York City,

It was with great pleasure to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially the view from your room, your room, our staff members and that you will retain a pleasant memory of our hotel.