“Amazing as ever!”
Review of Smetana Hotel

Smetana Hotel
Ranked #86 of 648 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 21 February 2014

This is our 2nd visit since we were married there in 2011 and it gets better. This time we returned with our 3 teenage sons and the staff there upgraded all our rooms with magnificent views and a 2 bedroom suite for the boys fit for royalty. Thank you Pachtuv Palace for all your attention to detail and for the beautiful upgraded rooms. It was my birthday whilst there and a card and bottle of champagne were waiting for us on arrival with a bowl of fruit for the boys room. Location is just perfect and helped us in particular as our youngest son sprained his ankle within an hour of arriving and was struggling to walk great distances-thank you again for the care here and bandages etc.
Our all time favourite hotel-we will be back!

Room Tip: All the rooms are beautiful but obviously the ones with views of Charles Bridge are amazing!!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Lucie D, General Manager at Smetana Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

Dear Mrs. Jo,

I would like to take the opportunity in thanking you for choosing the Mamaison Suite Hotel Pachtuv Palace for your stay in Prague. We feel honored you decided to celebrate such a special occasion as your Birthday with us.

We very appreciate that you shared your experience with other travellers among the Tripadvisor community.

It was with great pleasure to learn that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us and that you will retain a pleasant memory of our hotel.

Once again thank you for your time and I would be very pleased to welcome you back to the Pachtuv Palace again.

Reviewed 20 February 2014

I have just returned from a truly wonderful 3 night break staying at the Pachtuv Palace in Prague. This was a a really special trip for my and my mother and made extra special with a free upgrade to a stunning waterfront suite. The staff were lovely, the hotel perfectly situated close to the old town and just by Charles Bridge. The hotel organised a trip to the opera with was amazing and were on hand to assist in every possible way. A massive thank you to all the staff, we hope to return one day!!!

Room Tip: Rooms at the front with a waterside and castle view
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Dear Valued Guest from Cranbrook,

I would like to take the opportunity in thanking you for having choosing the Mamaison Suite Hotel Pachtuv Palace for your stay in Prague.

It was with great pleasure to learn that you and your mom enjoyed your stay with us and that you will retain a pleasant memory of our hotel.

Regards from sunny Prague,

Reviewed 19 February 2014

I NEVER write reviews but I felt that I had to write a review of this hotel.. When we arrived we were greeted by friendly staff and a glass of sparkling wine. The rooms are beautiful, ours overlooked the river and Charles bridge. The service in this hotel is second to none.. The attention to detail is excellent. Chocs on your pillow at night is a nice touch. The cleanliness of this hotel was also very impressive. We did not opt for the breakfast, however there are some gorgeous cafes and restaurants nearby. I genuinely mean it.... I would look no further. I will rave about this hotel for a long time to come. I can't wait to visit again!!

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Trisha H

Dear Trisha,

We very appreciate that you shared your experience with other travellers among the Tripadvisor community, eventhough you usually dont write the reviews:)

It was with great pleasure to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you will retain a pleasant memory of our hotel. I will be happy to share your feedback with the team.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

Old school charm and a great location made this a great choice for us. We were welcomed with a glass of wine and the room was great, overlooking the river and Charles bridge. The staff were friendly and helpful dealing with all our requests swiftly including the residents next door who woke us up with their late night/early morning music. The major attractions and many of the best restaurants are all within walking distance so we couldn't ask for more on a short weekend break.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest from London,

Reviewed 17 February 2014

Located close to the most interesting places.
Breakfast was not a hit! No buffet, just a la carte. Took a long time to get one and step by step.
If a taxi needed, take the one of the Hotel!
Service is always there. The rooms are very big!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Lucie D, General Manager at Smetana Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Dear Mr. Fridrich,

It was with great pleasure to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you will retain a pleasant memory of our hotel. I am sorry to hear that some aspects were not as per your expectations. I would like to inform you that the Amade restaurant provides the buffet breakfast and I apologize if there was any confusion made on our site which gave you the impression they don’t. I would like to discuss this matter further if you don’t mind. You can contact me directly at ldagan at mamaison.com

Reviewed 15 February 2014

charming hotel, good location, decent rooms. Definitely not 5 stars but good 4 stars -yes.
Staff not very helpful, before departure we needed urgently an iron ( could not wait for service to take our things, iron and give back in 1 hour ) but we were informed that in the hotel they do not have iron and they can"t provide it. Interesting, isn"t it ??

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Dear Valued Guest from Poland,

It was with great pleasure to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you will retain a pleasant memory of our hotel. I am sorry to hear that some aspects were not as per your expectations. I apologize for the inconvenience with the iron. We unfortunately don’t provide the iron to our guests simply for the safety reasons. However we gladly provide the ironing service. I hope this little incident didn’t cause you problems and hope the situation was handled by the reception staff in a professional manner.

Reviewed 11 February 2014

Pachtuv Palace is ideally located in the center of Prague, two minutes away from the bridge.
Despite being in a touristic area (and thus crowded at certain periods of the day), the hotel is really quiet, with large space to enjoy and relax. Everything is provided. Staff is really keen on pleasing you anytime without being oppressing.

100% recommended for any stay (it was our first in Prague and we will definitely come back).

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple