“One of the best!”
Review of Smetana Hotel

Smetana Hotel
Ranked #83 of 647 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 10 April 2014

We stayed here for three nights. The location was excellent, the hotel was beautiful and the staff was very helpfull and professional. The welcoming was very friendly and they made everything very easy. Our room was upgraded and we got very big room with kitchen area, big bed and nice bathroom. The room was absolutely beautiful! Every evening, when we came back to our room, the room was prepared for us. Next days weather information was on table, little chocolates on our pillows, curtains down and towels next to our bed. It was really nice and made everything feel little more luxyrious. The breakfast was quite expensive and it wasn't anything special. But we enjoyed our breakfast in our room since there was so much space and kitchen area :)

1  Thank Anu K
Lucie D, General Manager at Smetana Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2014

Dear Valued Guest from Helsinki,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing Mamaison Suite Hotel Pachtuv Palace for your recent Prague visit.

We truly appreciate that you took the time to share your comments with other travellers here on the Tripadvisor.

There are newer reviews for Smetana Hotel

Reviewed 10 April 2014

Stayed 3 nights. Very pleased with our choice. Had booked a special deal through an agent which was amazing. Room was a mini suite with a bath and shower, separate loo off the bathroom. Four poster bed. In the living area there was a coffee machine which wad topped up with water every night. Our bed was even turned down every night with a couple of chocolates provided. One of the nicest hotels I have stayed in. Room was cleaned immaculately every day. Staff very attentive.

Dear Mr. Andrew,

Reviewed 9 April 2014

At check in we were upgraded to a deluxe suite which had a living room, dining room, entrance foyer with desk, wet bar and even a refrig/freezer with a 2 burner cook top. The master bedroom was magnificent and the bed was glorious. Staff was friendly and helpful. Can't say enough about them from check in, dinner reservations and taxi to train station. We were also able to smoke cigars and drink our own wine on one of the balconies every evening. The location was great!!! Would we stay again. Absolutely.

Dear Valued Guest from Lousiville,

Reviewed 8 April 2014

Enjoyed a three night stay in pachtuv. Chauffeur was so handy and felt relaxed instead of navigating bus or taxi queues. As we checked in we had a glass of sparkling wine which was a treat. As it was my husbands birthday we were upgraded to a room with river view which was spectacular. Charles bridge and Prague castle are beautiful both if which we could see from our window. The room was clean and the mini wardrobe kitchen was a bonus. The hotel is in a perfect position as it is walking distance From most attractions .this is a lovely romantic hotel and we would definitely recommend it without a doubt. We can't wait to return.

Room Tip: River view is beautiful.'

Dear Valued Guest from Belfast,

Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

Just came back from a short break in Prague. Upon arrival we were immediately upgraded to a huge suite. It was bliss!

Generally the hotel was quiet and cosy and the hotel staff were exceptional - so helpful, professional and friendly!

The location of the hotel was fantastic - right on the river next to the Charles Bridge, close to all the major attractions. We were able to walk everywhere.

We didn't have time to try the hotel restaurant as we ate out most days but I'm sure the food would have been delicious based on the superb quality and attention to detail everywhere else in this fabulous hotel.

We would definitely go back there!

Dear Valued Guest from London,

Reviewed 8 April 2014

We have just arrived back from a birthday break in Prague.
I arranged this through the customer services team who were absolutely amazing... (Thank you again Pavla) the suite was spacious, we were greeted with a glass of sparkling wine at check in, given lots of useful information and nothing was too much trouble. The staff are courteous and very professional, and I felt sure that if we had found any aspect of our stay wanting, they would have done everything in their power to address it. The location is perfect and everywhere is within walking distance. I would not hesitate to recommend that you choose Pachtuv Palace- my only small niggle,was the breakfast offered in the restaurant, service was chaotic ( we had to repeatedly ask for cups/spoons/ etc and the quality of the food did not match the rest of the hotel. We found a cafe/coffee shop nearby and breakfasted there instead. All in all though, a great experience. Thank you Pachtuv Palace, my partner enjoyed a fabulous birthday!!

Room Tip: ask for a river facing room/suite on booking- the best views of charles bridge.

Dear Valued Guest,

It was with great pleasure to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you will retain a pleasant memory of our hotel. I will be more than happy to pass your valuable comments onto the entire team of Pachtuv Palace. I will also share your comments about the service during the breakfast with the restaurant manger and demand an improvement in this area. Thank you for bringing it to my attention.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

We are not long back from a city break in Prague staying at this hotel for our 8 year anniversary. We originally had a deluxe room which was upgraded to a junior suite with the most amazing view of Charles Bridge and Prague Castle. We arrived in the evening and offered a glass of sparkling wine or soft drink. We were taken up to our room and shown around. The only negative thing we can say is how hot the rooms were - we turned the radiators right down and the temperature. On the plus side the room was lovely - the view amazing and the staff very helpful. We will definitely return to this hotel. Thank you for a lovely stay.

1  Thank Kelly A

Dear Valued Guest from Belfast,

It was with great pleasure to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you will retain a pleasant memory of our hotel. I will be more than happy to pass your valuable comments onto the entire team of Pachtuv Palace. I apologize for the higher temperature in the room.