“A treat” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pachtuv Palace

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Pachtuv Palace
Ranked #96 of 670 Hotels in Prague
Arlington, Massachusetts
“A treat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

I loved my time at the Pachtuv Palace. From the moment I made my reservation to check-out, the entire staff couldn't have been more attentive, proactive, helpful and fun. When I arrived, I found I'd been upgraded to an enormous full suite, with a beautiful view of the Charles Bridge. There is also a lovely interior courtyard featuring a series of bronze statues by the Czech sculptress Lev Livov, all beguiling dining companions. The location is ideal, a few steps away from the Charles Bridge, but just off the main road so one has the sense of leaving the tourist congestion behind as one arrives back at the hotel. All told, a wonderful experience that I'd recommend to all travelers to Prague.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
PragueLucie, Generální ředitel at Pachtuv Palace, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Dear Valued Guest from Arlington,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing Mamaison Suite Hotel Pachtuv Palace for your recent Prague visit.

We truly appreciate that you took the time to share your comments with other travellers here on the Tripadvisor.

Lucie Dagan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (284)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Geneva, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

Well, I don't know where to start as everything (yes, EVERYTHING) was just perfect. Should I start by the amazing rooms (biggest rooms I have stayed in an hotel) and there amazing views (of course if you have the chande to get a Castle View). The decoration is a mix of modern with keeping the anciant style of the building, which you definitely won't find elsewhere. The staff and the service is brilliant, far away from certain comments I could read here. Well by stopping here I would already give a 10/10, but this is forgetting the amazing location! 2 minutes from Charles Bridge, less than 5 to Starometska (where is the astronomical clock), and you will still manage to be away from the crowd and the noise on a one-way only and narrow street!!
I dreamt about it, Pachtuv made it!!! Thanks from Martina, Jerome & our guests!

• Stayed July 2014
      Location
      Cleanliness
Dear Martina & Jerome,

Runaway Bay, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

Charming historic building... We were upgraded to a 2 bedroom suite which was very unique in its design. The shower was a bit challenging if you are tall however this added to the charm. We had a very pleasant stay.

Location
Dear Valued Guest from Australia,

Stellenbosch, South Africa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

We checked into this hotel 2 days ago and are very unhappy with the quality of 'Deluxe Room" that we got. Aircon does not work, dirty passages, no breakfast included despite confirmation that is was from the agent. Very unfriendly and unhelpfull staff.

Stayed July 2014
3 Thank Ockie O
PragueLucie, Generální ředitel at Pachtuv Palace, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear Mr. Ockie,

Thank you very much for choosing the Pachtuv Palace Hotel as your Prague destination stay.
We very much appreciate that you took the time to write a review on the Tripadvisor, thus making a contribution to our on-going effort to improve the services of our hotel. In this respect all comments from our guests are helpful and valuable for us. Immediately after reading your review I doublechecked your reservation which was made via Expedia.com. I would like to inform you that all the reservations through this provider are made without breakfast. I am really sorry if they gave you a false information. After discussing this issue at the reception your wife mentioned she will bring the confirmation of the breakfast to the reception but she never did. We would be more than happy to wave any charge knowing the breakfast was prepaid but this wasn’t the case.

As per your complaint about the AC, I personally went into the room together with our technician who confirmed there isn’t any technical problem with the AC. Since you were not happy in your room, our reception staff offered you a change of the room immediately but again, your wife came and said that “the room is not that bad after all” and you decided to stay. I was present at the reception myself when she was talking to the reception clerk.

Mr. Ockie, I feel one star rating is very harsh and doesn’t really correspond with reality. I sent you an email trying to discuss the complaint further but never received any answer from you.

The team of Pachtuv Palace will do its best to improve on the quality in the future. We are sorry that we could not satisfy all your expectations this time and very much hope that we will have the opportunity to provide you with better service during your next stay.

We shall be very pleased to welcome you to the Hotel Pachtuv Palace again.

Surrey, England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

We had a very nice 4 night stay here. The location is excellent, everything is within walking distance, castle 25 mins, Charles bridge 3 mins and old town less than 10. From our viewpoint, nicer to be a bit away from the hectic old town. We had booked a junior suite with view and the view of the river, Charles bridge and castle was fantastic. The room was big, excellent air conditioning and comfortable enough. The staff were all friendly and helpful. Breakfast was included in our stay and I felt the buffet breakfast was average in both choice and quality. Nothing wrong with it, just not special. E.g. Coffee is in a thermos type container and on all 4 mornings was just warm. In a few places there is a need for maintenance, leaking bath shower seal, grouting a bit tired and a few other like things.
We ate in the restaurant on one of our nights and the meal was very good. Pleasant sitting out in the courtyard on a warm summers night.
Overall, very happy with our stay and if we returned to prague we would likely stay here again.

Room Tip: Book room with a view facing street.
1 Thank chrian
PragueLucie, Generální ředitel at Pachtuv Palace, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear Valued Guest from England,

It was with great pleasure to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you will retain a pleasant memory of our hotel. I will be more than happy to pass your valuable comments onto the entire team of Pachtuv Palace. I will also pass your comments to our technician and seek an immediate improvement.

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

After an intense day in the busy, crowded, magical old streets among Prague's incredible architecture, the most lovely thing is to return to this hotel -- a calm, elegant oasis. Close the heavy front door and the street sounds disappear; the staff is gracious, friendly, and flexible; your room will be a large elegant respite with air conditioning and comfortable amenities.

Dear Ms. Laura,

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

The staff was gracious, professional and wonderful in every way.
It was a very special occasion and this hotel made it more so!
From the first telephone call and through emails we were beautifully taken care of.

Cleanliness