Just stayed at the fabulous Pachtuv Palace for 2 nights. It was an excellent experience.
When I arrived at the hotel, I was greeted by the friendly staff and managers of the hotel. Everyone here was so pleasant and approachable.
The lobby is very cozy, with some art works in display. It has an old fashioned warm style but was kept very clean. My room was on the second floor of the building and it was a deluxe suite with view. Strongly recommend staying at bigger suites with view in this hotel – Prague is a city requiring a lot of walking to discover the beauty and a suite with separate living area is wonderful.
The layout of the hotel is very interesting. Different doors lead to different rooms and you have a feel that you are staying at your own house in Prague. It’s very discreet and quiet despite the prime location. Actually it’s not an overstatement to say that this hotel occupies the best location in Prague – few steps from Charles bridge and with the best view you can ask for.
The suite itself was big, with a separate bathroom and a toilet. The bathroom is not enormous but it was of decent size. There’s a bath, a separate shower cubic and a basin. Very modern and clean design and very conformable. There is a flat screen TV in the bedroom.
In the living room there is another TV, good storage space and a small hidden kitchen unit. It was really handy if you want to make a cup of tea after a long walk, just relax in the lounge with the view. Otherwise they also serve drink in the lobby which was nice. I was told in summer the terrace is a perfect and quiet spot for a glass of wine. Definitely try it out when I am back.
Overall this is an excellent hotel and one of the best in Prague. It beats those big chains for personalized service, interesting and products with character; it also beats those small independent hotels for consistency and quality of service and product. Highly recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Smetana Hotel (formerly Pachtuv Palace) is located in a prime location in the heart of the city and is closely linked with great names of the music world like Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, ancient and contemporary celebrities. Steps away from Charles Bridge, within easy walking distance to all major landmarks of the Prague. Pachtuv Palace provides an average room size of 65 sqm, fantastic views, air-conditioning, kitchenettes, free internet, fitness room, in-room massages and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Prestigia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ctrip TA, Ebookers, Agoda, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Smetana Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mamaison Pachtuv Palace Prague
- Mamaison Pachtuv Palace Hotel Prague