“Simply the best!”

Ranked #90 of 649 Hotels in Prague
Belfast
“Simply the best!”
Reviewed 9 July 2010

My wife and I just came back from our trip to Prague. I travel to Prague quite often on business and have stayed in the Pachtuv Palace before (and my experience was always good), therefore I decided to use this hotel again. Our stay was just perfect; we had very warm welcome by the receptionist (I’m sorry, but don’t remember the name) and even a welcome note from the hotel manager in the room. Dieter (the hotel porter) gave us good tips on what’s going on close to the hotel, whilst helping us with the luggage. Rooms in this hotel are very spacious and comfortable, but mostly I was impressed by the overall increased level of service and improvements in the lobby and breakfast since my last stay in December last year.
So well done Pachtuv Palace – it was our best hotel stay ever and we will definitely return!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank Czert77

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (291)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 6 July 2010

My wife normally stays in 5 star chain hotels. We took a gamble on this hotel, based on favourable tripadvisor reviews. We've been on a trip from Sydney -> Korea (marriot) -> London (marriot) -> Istanbul (hilton) -> Prague and this was the best hotel we've stayed at on this trip .

A few people have commented about the 'funny' bathrooms - the toilet is a small room separate from the large bathroom. We're okay with the layout.

The bedroom is very large and spacious. Flatscreen TV in both the living and bedroom.
Fantastic high ceilings, large dining/living/cooking space. Own microwave/convection oven, electric cooktop, automatic 'nespresso' like coffee maker.

Very central to the tourist locations - most locations are within 15-30 minute walk (max). Old town square is about 5 minute walk.
Staff seems friendly. The suite was very clean.

Airconditioner cooled the bedroom down (we visited in Summer - 30 degrees celsius some days).

Tesco is about 10 minute walk away. Several convenience stores within 100 metres.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank james_f9999
New York City, New York
Reviewed 6 July 2010

Mamaison is located mere steps from the famous and picturesque Charles Bridge on the Old Town side of the river. From our suite we had perfect, unobstructed views of Prague Castle and Petrin Tower. Talk about gorgeous! From this location we had amazingly easy access to the Jewish Quarter, Old Town, Astonomical Clock, Wenceslas Square, etc. Right across the river was the delightful Kampa Island, described as the Venice of Prague.

The rooms were very large suites that were palatial in their decor. A complete kitchenette made it very easy to enjoy a morning cup of coffe and also came equipped with pots, pans, dishes, etc. The bed was amazingly comfortable and after a long day of exploring the beautiful city was heaven to come back to. The hotel felt amazingly safe and secure with the front gate locking up late at night (though very easy to access if you're returning after hours). The staff is so kind and helpful with every detail one might need.

I couldn't recommend this hotel enough. The location is superb, the accommodations are impeccable and the staff is friendly and helpful. I honestly can't think of a more perfect home base for exploring this stunning city!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank klytia
The Hague, The Netherlands
Reviewed 30 June 2010

Pachtuv is not the best hotel in Prague, but it was my favorite. I have been there several times and have been more than pleased with the perfect location, superb rooms and impeccable service. This time though, something went very wrong. Location and rooms are still the same, but the Pachtuv was not the hotel I enjoyed so much. Right from the start, it went wrong. Upon entering the lobby, I had to pass a drunken client drinking straight from a bottle of champagne. Classy. Later on, I interrupted a couple attempting to have sex in the elevator. Did you say Vegas? The Pachtuv seems to have a new management, and it shows in the way they treat even faithful customers (including SLH members). Instead of the usual upgrade (which technically means: something better), I was offered a junior suite... with no window. Great if you want a Kafka experience, not so good when you want to enjoy some quiet time between business meetings. There was no other options told me "Wendy", Guardian of the keys, obviously shocked I would not accept a magnificent room with no window as an upgrade. So I took the downgrade. Instead of trying to make it up to me, management did not even offer breakfast (even though most SLH do for their members), nor tried to find another upgraded room. From that moment on, management was Hilton level (not a compliment) so I did my best to avoid contact.

There was a very nice French intern that tried to patch things up, but even her could not make management play nice. "The hotel is very busy" was I told several times. Good for you. But if the chosen clientele is the kind that drinks straight from bottles in the lobby, then I guess the Pachtuv and I have to part ways.

I deeply regret the wonderful woman that was at reception some months ago. She could speak several languages, was always joyful and extremely professional, not to mention she always tried her best to make my stays perfect. I will not return to Pachtuv until she does. There are numerous hotels in Prague, I will now try and find my new favorite one.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank WanderingProfessor
PetraJanouskovaPP, Manager at Pachtuv Palace, responded to this review, 9 July 2010
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your recent stay and for your time to write the feedback, which is very valuable for us. I am so sorry to hear about your disapointment during your last stay and about the inconveniences you have experienced. I would like to assure you that this is not the level of our standard. We really care of our guests and working hard on improvements to provide excellent personal service with attention to detail. Our customers are always on a first place and I am really sorry that you did not feel it that way.
I still hope that you will change your mind and we will get the chance to welcome you back and prove that our guests' satisfaction is our main aim.
With kind regards,
Petra Janouskova
Hotel Manager
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 25 June 2010

My disabled partner and I chose the hotel based on its location, as it was close to many of the things we wanted to see. The hotel itself is lovely, the service was excellent, and we recommend this hotel to anyone who is visiting Prague.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Mid-Continent
Reviewed 22 June 2010

Looking out on the Vltava River close to Charles Bridge, the location is ideal for walking in both directions along the river and for reaching the interior of Old Town. We were able to walk to concerts, to Old Town Square, even to Wenceslas Square. Our room was very nice and spacious with plenty of luggage storage and with additional lavatory in separate space. Check out the TV channel that broadcasts from the camera at the top of the hotel, looking out on the Vltava, Charles Bridge and Hradcany at night--a nice touch. The appearance of the hotel, its decoration and landscaping (lovely interior gardens), and general furnishings and fixtures were outstanding. String quartet at breakfast! The staff was first-rate; Georgina and Kathy couldn't have been more helpful and patient with newcomers to the city. Staff was always present. Pachtuv Palace presented a very calming and welcoming prospect when returning from a long walk (ambience factor). All in all, our best small hotel in several years.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
Raleigh, NC USA
Reviewed 17 June 2010

As a first-time traveler to central Europe, I was uncertain about what I might find in Prague in March. My trip was business and required that I remain in a central location between Budapest, Prague and Krakow. I lived in Prague and commuted between cities for two months. I chose the Pachtuv Palace as my Home Away from Home...

This historic former residence is foot steps from the Charles bridge and perfectly located within Old Town just minutes from everything you will want to see. Prague is a walking city as it relates to Prague 1, including Old Town Sq, Lesser Town, Petrin Hill, & Jewish Quarter. Many days can be spent exploring just these areas alone. I could go on about my time spent there but let me sum it up... absolutely the most comfortable place I have ever stayed. Petra's (resident manager) staff are like family to me. They went out of their way to ensure that my time there was comfortable, up-lifting and entertaining.

To all of my dearest Czech friends: Petra, Georgina, Wendy, Martina, Miroslav, Peter, Michael, Tomas, and my drivers Stanoslav & Robert, I thanks you all for taking great care of me and giving some of the best memories of my life. I look forward to seeing you all again in August 2010.

My advise to destination Prague travelers (both business and leisure)... if you really want to make the most of your stay related to: location, comfort and first-class service amongst friends... you need only contact my dear friends at the Pachtuv Palace, Prague. They'll be waiting to hear from you, and tell them Mark sent you!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank mrichey1006
PetraJanouskovaPP, Manager at Pachtuv Palace, responded to this review, 21 June 2010
Dear Mark,
Thank you very much for your lovely words!
We all here are looking forward to welcome you back! :-)
Petra on behalf of the entire team