I can't say enough good about the Pachtuv Palace. When looking at Prague accommodations it was between the Four Seasons, Mandarin Oriental and the Pachtuv Palace. I'm so happy that I took a chance and went with an independent hotel in Prague.
I booked a suite category. It had a balcony overlooking the river and the castle. The suite was a very large residential style apartment with a comfortable living room, kitchenette and a spacious bedroom and bathroom. It was a fine European style apartment with very high ceilings. Furnishings and decor were not luxurious but they were comfortable and very residential.
In their promotional literature you will see photos of an amazing suite with a frescoed ceiling. Request this suite in advance if possible. It looks amazing but was booked solid during my eight nights at Pachtuv Palace.
Staff & Service:
Warm, welcoming and genuinely helpful. The front desk staff doubled as concierge and they offered excellent recommendations. The lobby area is like a living room / breakfast room. Evening cocktails are offered and morning breakfast served in this gorgeous and residential style room. We prefer breakfast in room so we prepared our own breakfast using the kitchenette but the foods on offer looked ample and delicious.
The "living room" style lobby was comfortable any time of the day for a drink and newspaper. Very nice touch. In addition the sculpture filled courtyards of this gorgeous property have tables perfect for an evening apertif.
The Pachtuv Palace offers very large and well appointed accommodations for a fraction of the price of the expensive world renowned chains. This is a very charming property with an excellent staff. Book a suite and even the fussiest of travellers, such as myself, will be very well satisfied.
Very highly recommended!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Smetana Hotel (formerly Pachtuv Palace) is located in a prime location in the heart of the city and is closely linked with great names of the music world like Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, ancient and contemporary celebrities. Steps away from Charles Bridge, within easy walking distance to all major landmarks of the Prague. Pachtuv Palace provides an average room size of 65 sqm, fantastic views, air-conditioning, kitchenettes, free internet, fitness room, in-room massages and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Splitty, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Expedia, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Smetana Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mamaison Pachtuv Palace Prague
- Mamaison Pachtuv Palace Hotel Prague