“Charming!!!!”

Alchymist Grand Hotel & Spa
Ranked #11 of 648 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Recently stayed at this hotel and I must say that it is an EXPERIENCE. Very charming and the staff could not have been more accomodating. While americans may find some of the amenities somewhat different (not in a bad way) than you are used to - it is very comfortable and extremely clean. Very conveniently located and within walking distance to many scenic areas. The restaurant was lovely and the buffet breakfast offers everything that anyone could want. We loved the decor and the ambience of the property. Especially enjoyed the wine tasting offered each evening that made mingling with other guests an option should you so desire. Did not have the time to explore the spa but it looked lovely. I would recommend this hotel to those who would like a more "Euopean" boutique experience and not the "chain hotel" feel that you may experience in a larger hotel chain.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a shower and no steps if you have any mobility issues
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Terrie S
There are newer reviews for Alchymist Grand Hotel & Spa

Reviewed 6 July 2012

Everything about this hotel is superb: the location, the building, the decor, the rooms, the service, the food, the chocolate, the breakfast, the ambiance. I loved it. Right next to the US Embassy and a couple of minutes from the Charles Bridge, on the quiet and peaceful side of the river. It's a 500 year old building, richly decorated (admittedly a bit heavy and gilded, but charming). The restaurant was superb, the free breakfast in the morning was the best I've had in a hotel in recent memory. The staff was wonderful. The arranged a private tour of the city that was outstanding and a great value. I could go on forever. I would never stay anywhere else in Prague.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank ChgoTraveler68
Reviewed 2 July 2012

The hotel is very charming - gorgeous interiors. Room was small but quite comfortable. The hotel is away from the hustle and bustle of Old Town which we felt was a real plus. Hotel staff very friendly and helpful. Very enjoyable stay.I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank Misack12
Reviewed 20 June 2012

My wife and I stayed three nights and had a wonderful experience. The rooms are large and well-appointed. The hotel location could not better for tourists. It is walking distance to the main square across the Charles bridge, and a main streetcar stop is just down the street. Prague's historic castle and fort is also only a 5 minute walk. The staff is extremely helpful and friendly. My wife had a minor medical emergency and they found a doctor and got her an appointment within an hour. The breakfast, which is included in the room rate, is a full and substantial one that will keep you running all day. And from 5-6 PM each night, the hotel serves complimentary wine and cheese in the salon. All in all, a fabulous experience. Well worth it.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank lab100
Reviewed 19 June 2012

We have been staying for 4 days at the Alchymist Grand Hotel and Spa and the experience we had is more then we could imagine.. Upon arriving to Prague, we received an exclusive airport pick-up by a Bentley :-) 30 min later we arrived the hotel,
The stay was really nice and so are the staff that explained us everything we had available.
the room was very clean and quiet, the hotel itself is a magnificent baroque house designed with luxury ambiance.
The hotel keeps a very rich and tasty breakfast, high standard of spa and of course, his accessible to every attraction such as Prague Castle and the Charles Bridge.
Our warmest congrats to the hotel for their choice of personnel.
We definitely recommend this fantastic boutique hotel for a romantic stay .
Ofer and Liron.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Liron-Ofer-Zinger
Reviewed 11 June 2012

My wife and I just got back from the Alchymist Grand Hotel and can honestly say it was our finest hotel experience ever. From Daria in the booking office to Mohammed and Alina at the front desk the service we received was impeccable. The property itself is stunning and exudes amazing old world charm which is very much in keeping with all of Prague. We particularly liked the location outside the main Town Square yet walking distance to all main attractions.
Our strongest recommendation would be to those who love the grand old cities of Europe but have never been to Prague is to add this City and Hotel to your future travels.
And a closing compliment to the owner of this property who clearly spent a great deal of time and money in their quest for the ultimate romantic boutique hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Torontotraveller20
Reviewed 11 June 2012

I was very excited with the US Embassy put me up in the Alchemyst at a very low US Gov't rate. It's nicely located, the building has character, and the workers there were unceasingly friendly. My room was very small, but I was traveling alone, so no big deal. Still, the photos on the website made the rooms seem gigantic, so I was a little disappointed. The breakfast was excellent and the wine/cheese reception every evening was nice too. The bedding was excellent and the bathtubs were big. The fitness center was adequate. When I departed, I asked for a cab and they gave me the hotel private car (at a higher price than a cab). No big deal again, but I was disappointed that I specifically asked for a cab and didn't get one. For the right price, I'd stay here every chance I get!

Room Tip: The rooms are all different sizes - I don't know how to get a bigger one (since I didn't), b...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business