“Amazing service & an amazing place”

Alchymist Grand Hotel & Spa
Ranked #14 of 649 Hotels in Prague
“Amazing service & an amazing place”
Reviewed 8 November 2012

Having stayed in this hotel in October I can honestly say how impressed I was.
The location is excellent, the service is perfect and the suite we stayed in was plush, true to its opulent decor.
Cheese and wine tasting every evening brings the guest together and unwind sharing their sight-seeing experiences.
We like fresh air in the room and therefore kept the windows open at night but found the outside alley way very noisy early in the morning but that's the only criticism.
Great for couples!

Room Tip: Suites are large, well decorated and luxurious!
2 Thank ColGreen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
  • Czech first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Canada, Kentucky
Reviewed 6 November 2012

Me and my husband find the Alchymist Grand Hotel and Spa is a miracle hotel in the heart of Prague. It’s very nice decorated and you well find yourself as in the Versailles Ballrooms. The complementary wine and cheese not only bring brings you an opportunity to gather with other interesting people but also set the mood by playing some soft, romantic music. ... Light the room with either bright, slow-burning candles and brings such a romantic atmosphere but also relaxing after long day tours around magnificent Prague. I always prefer to have a look in trip adviser when I choose a hotel, so I would like to share my opinion regarding Alchymist Hotel which without hesitation I would call an oasis of love.
The rooms are value and very clean, the restaurant is fantastic the Baroque café such a lovely with very delicious homemade chocolate and cheesecake. Than you really feel pamper and reborn in the Spa. Special thanks for the staff they all were so kind, helpful so polite and professional. Alchymisti is an Elegant Hotel specializes in luxury boutique townhouse hotel. We had such a unique and wonderful experience. We really enjoyed it - Highly recommended.

Room Tip: All the rooms are very nice and deferent.
1 Thank mona l
Pasadena, California
Reviewed 5 November 2012

I don't think I am a very fussy customer, but the experience I had at Alchymist Hotel and Spa is really worth contemplating... We requested a quite room and was assigned to a room right next to an elevator, requested to change and the next room smelled like a smoking room, we again requested to change, and this time the room had a double bed that we felt the bed was too small for a middle aged couple, so here comes the fourth room with two single beds, and by this time we were so tired that we just wanted to rest and did not mind anything else anymore. Now, the issue was next morning at 8:30 when a construction started right above our room. I specifically requested a quite room and the room turned out to be so noisy the next morning that we had to get up and leave the room right away, was this a $300 a night's joke or what?

14 Thank shaobao
Alchymist, General Manager at Alchymist Grand Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 6 November 2012
It is regrettable that this guest’s stay did not meet their expectations. While I am unable to change subjective perceptions, I would like to point out some matters of fact which I believe the TripAdvisor community will find helpful.

Being a historical hotel, it is true that our hotel offers a variety of rooms and categories. Nevertheless all our rooms would only have either 180cm or 200cm beds or twin beds.

Our hotel follows a strict Non-Smoking policy in bedrooms and public areas.

As far as elevator noise is concerned, our lifts virtually have no noise since they have being muted and the guests discretion in our corridors is understood. Therefore the quietness of our hotel frequently wins praise.

Construction work in neighboring buildings although out of our control are usually postponed if notified.

I would like to stress that it is very unfortunate this guest in particular who only had reserved for one night did not have the chance to truly experience our hotel after having tried four different rooms.

At the Alchymist Grand Hotel and Spa, we specialize in providing personalized service and do our best to realize our guests’ requests and therefore we hope to have the chance to see this guest again.
Palo Alto, CA
Reviewed 5 November 2012

I had debated between the Four Seasons and this hotel for our stay in Prague for July. I ended up settling on this hotel because I wanted an authentic Prague experience - and boy does this hotel offer it. You feel like you are staying in an 18th century castle that has not been touched since! We were upgraded to a suite - which was the size of three rooms. It was very opulent, clean, and quiet. The hotel was great in helping us get around Prague, and in helping us make dinner reservations. The location (in Old Town) was within walking distance to everything.
We ended up having dinner at the Four Seasons and I think I was happy with my choice. The Four Seasons was like any other luxury hotel in the world with little of the charm that the Alchymist had. But I can understand that the choice might still be hard to make....

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 November 2012

Visited Prague with my fiancee last October, on our anniversary romantic trip. Our stay at the Alchymyst Grand Hotel was without doubt a wonderful experience. Located at the foothill of Prague's Castle, in the heart of the aristocratic Lesser Town, this Baroque-styled boutique hotel made for the perfect setting for our celebration. Equipped with the most soothing spa and relaxing treatments, it offered about that right amount of pampering we were wishing for. No need to bother with public transport or taxis; all the must-see sights were a short walk away, of which we enjoyed many, along the narrow cobblestone paved streets of this magnificent city.
Staff was very friendly and helpful; big thanks to Guest Relations Manager, Ms. Xhelo, for making sure all our expectations were met and exceeded.
Mickey O.

4 Thank Mickey O
Tirana, Tirane, Albania
Reviewed 31 October 2012

Without a doubt the hotel is among top hotels I have been in the world! As a frequent traveller I stop by many hotels world wide and I must addmint Alchymist Granda Hotel and Spa in Prague is one of the world's best!

Style, food, confort, safety, customer service, sanity is top rated so I would recommand this to anyone. I am particularly impressed though Value the Guest Relations Manager Ms Katerina Xhelo for tireless effort to confort us and feel like home.
I would give the best rated for: Location, Sleep Quality, Rooms, Cleanliness and Service.

keep up your excellent work

GM

Room Tip: any room is great, but Corner suites are the best!
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
6 Thank Genci M
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 October 2012

We have just returned from a 2 night stay at the Alchymist. We have stayed in many hotels around the world and I have to say the welcome and how we were looked after was wonderful. Nothing was too much trouble in fact they couldnt do enough to please us and make our stay a truly memorable one. Mohammed, Elena and the other reception team really put themselves out for us. We were lucky to be upgraded into the most beautiful and spacious suite with roll top bath and four poster bed - pure luxury. The wine and cheese is a great idea and lovely to sample the wine and cheese and also meet other guests. We ate in the restaurant which we thought was a really high standard and really enjoyed the pianist - which added to the wonderful ambience of the restaurant. The decor and attention to detail is incredible. We are already looking at our next trip back. Thank you to all the staff at the Alchymist for looking after us so well.

2 Thank MrsParker_11