“Superb everything”

Alchymist Grand Hotel & Spa
Ranked #13 of 646 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 27 June 2013

This was a fantastic find absoloutely first class in every way.
Our room was small but beautiful.
Breakfast had everything you could want.
Location was very safe and only short walk from Charles bridge

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Steve B
Write a ReviewReviews (1,800)

Reviewed 23 June 2013

This 16th century Baroque-style building has been beautifully restored and combines the opulence of the era with modern convenience (free WiFi throughout).

The hotel is ideally located just 5 mins walk from the famous Charles Bridge and close to the Prague Castle.

Without exception ALL of the staff are friendly and efficient.

The underground Spa with its crystal chandeliers is a real treat.

I spent a few hours in the open courtyard with a glass of wine and an iPad. Bliss!

I'd recommend this hotel to anyone - particularly couples on a romantic getaway ;-)

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 June 2013

I highly recommend this hotel!
I stayed for 3 nights for a family holiday (3 adults), and had a marvellous time.
The location is ideal to get to the castle, and also Charles bridge, and we were able to walk to the National Theatre to ballet, and to Municiple House too.
The decor is furnished really beautifully, with great attention to detail - fresh flowers, atmospheric lighting, mirrors, lush drapes and gilt embellishments. The dining areas too are very pretty with chandeliers, murals and all-in-all a luxurious feel.
For breakfast there was a good choice, and we were asked if we would like alternatives if we so wished - eg: I had waffles.
The staff were all really friendly, polite and helpful - the service was great. When asked for extra things like an ironing board, it was brought straight away (they offered to do it too).
The complimentary wine and cheese tastings are a good idea for discussions and socialising.
The spa also is well equipped and with a very relaxing atmosphere; again with great attention to detail and I wish that I had more time to use it more.
So when I come back to Prague, I will definitely stay here again! The hotel helped make the holiday very special.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Beva5on
Reviewed 17 June 2013

My fiancé and I stayed at this hotel on our recent trip to Prague, and our only complaint was that we couldn't have stayed longer! It was the most intimate, romantic and beautiful hotel I have ever stayed in. The bed was amazingly comfortable, the staff was incredibly helpful and we were even greeted with complimentary wine upon arrival. We would definitely recommend this hotel! It will make your trip to Prague so much better!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kaitlyn M
Reviewed 6 June 2013

I traveled with a group, so I don't know the exact hotel room prices, but the entire experience could not have been better. The staff was so gracious and accommodating. My room was extremely comfortable and quiet, and there are several welcoming rooms on the first floor to relax and enjoy. The afternoon wine and cheese is a very special addition. I enjoyed the spa and really wish I had taken more opportunity to use the facility. Be sure to take your swimsuit.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank TXHillCountry10
Reviewed 4 June 2013

An absolutely beautiful hotel!!! Everything was excellent; the staff, the spa, the continental breakfast, the evening wine & cheese reception, the comfy beds, the shower head, the gym, the flowers on the tables! Every detail was done to perfection and just gorgeousl. Chandeliers everywhere, even the gym. Absolutely a wonderful, luxurious place to stay. We loved it! Would highly recommend it.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Terri A
Reviewed 26 May 2013

I cannot emphasize enough how the extraordinary management & staff of this lovely boutique hotel made our first stay in Prague calm & relaxing, and provided an exceptional place to "come home to," after long days of walking & exploration. In every way, the staff of The Alchymist Grand Hotel & Spa created a warm atmosphere for our visit; aided our understanding of local customs, fees, phrases, and directions; and provided an easy afternoon salon for us to converse and share with our fellow travelers. From start to finish, the people we met went out of their way to help make our stay wonderful. The spa was absolutely gorgeous. I can't comment on the restaurant, as we dined elsewhere in the city (though we did order room service breakfast a few days, and it was much better than we had in London a few days later, in a more expensive hotel). The location was perfect for us. We could walk everywhere, yet not be in absolute ground-zero tourist zone. Perfect. I must take exception to the reviewer who called it, "Friendly Disneyland Baroque," without offering a better alternative. Prague is gorgeous, and there IS a certain showiness to it. But anywhere you go, you can learn more about what's under the surface if you give it some effort. You cannot "know" a place as a tourist. You can admire and hope to speak to as many people as possible. So I must disagree with "langvass" and agree with mahleen. It was fabulous. This is real service. Thank you Stan, Mohammed, et al.

Room Tip: Our room was quite beautiful, but it overlooked a cobblestoned road. Early in the morning it was ve...