1,911 results
All reviewsamerican embassycomplimentary wine and cheesecharles bridgebaroque styleevery eveningjunior suitesteam roomold townprague castlequiet streetmala stranagorgeous hotellesser townwelcome drinkthe location is perfectbeautiful cityfew minutes walk
Reviewed 7 May 2009

My husband and I we traveled in Prague in April and Alchymist Grand Hotel and Spa was the best choise we could have make.Ffrom the begining everything was ecxelent. The driver that peak us up from the airport and back was very kinde and he was ready to answer to all our question. When we arrive at the hotel we saw that the hotel was magicall. Every one was very nice and our room was more that we expected with Champaign and chocolates waiting for as. I need to mention that the food was great in the restaurant and the very friendly gentleman that was singing and playing piano had wonderful voice, and the breakfast every morning was fantastic. Last but not least I need to mention the great spa. The only thing I’m going to say about it is when you get there look around for the fishes the are everywere and yes.... they are alive. For the treatments and thw macages you have to tryit your self to anderstand. It was a fayrtyle trip and i look forward to go back again.

2  Thank marilias
Reviewed 4 May 2009

It's a cute hotel overall but I wouldn't spend more than 200eur/night for a room there. They have the 5* stamp but there were a lot of little things that could not put it in the same category as the Mandarin down the road. They do not have kettles in the room, the tvs were very small, no ipod dock, no newspaper in the mornings. The breakfast was just ok. The pool is not really a pool--don't let the photos fool you. It's about 10 feet by 6 feet in dimension. I think if I paid less I would have forgiven a lot, but we paid 300eur/night, which is really over-priced for this hotel.

Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
5  Thank worldyone
Alchymist, General manager at Alchymist Grand Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2009

We would like to thank you for taking the time and give us your feedback. At The Alchymist Grand Hotel and Spa we always depend on our valued guest feedback in order to raise our service level and reach your expectations.
On this occasion we have learned with great regret that your expectations were not reached and we will carefully review your comments and do our best to correct them.
We hope that we will welcome you again in our hotel and hopefully next time we will meet the expectations that you have put on us.

Yours sincerely. Veronika Choteborska-General Manager

Reviewed 4 May 2009

If you want to be really spoiled - from the room to food to spa to location - this is the place. My wife happened to hit upon its website and from that we decided to give it a shot - this having been our first time in Prague and my wanting to spoil her. I booked the romance package which I would recommend to anyone as being of real value. And our stay was great. The location is perfect within easy walking distance of the river-the old section of town - and the castle nearby, is very quiet. The restaurant is superb - a must for at least one dinner if not more. And breakfast was great. The room was outstanding. The service great. All in all...we'll definitely go back there again and have already recommended it to our friends.

1  Thank Jeff-_WashDC
Reviewed 4 May 2009

The hotel is as majestic as it looks in the internet, possibly more. But it was intimate and luxurious without being overwelming. They offer a very good pick-up service from the airport which is better value than taxis. Very friendly staff, great location, just 5min from Charles bridge. I think that the service is more of a good 4 star than a 5 star hotel, though, which appears in small details. Ex. The room was cleaned daily and towels were changed but the soap was not replaced in 3 days (we asked the room service to bring a new one). These were minor things though that do not affect the overall impression. The best surprise is the Balinese Spa in the old cellars. The offer for direct booking through their internet is the best option to choose. We would definetely stay again.

• Stayed: May 2009
2  Thank callisan
Reviewed 3 May 2009

Service and hospitality at the highest level.
Tip: position the "alchymist concept" more prominent by putting more emphasis on the "Alchymist" ingredients: free wine tasting, good food, great spa, central location, luxurious rooms, superb breakfast buffet included etc. The sum of the ingredients will result in the ultimate holiday / hotel experience. Not many hotels can offer all these ingredients at this level, however, the Alchymist can.

2  Thank Philing