“Romantic Hotel”

Ranked #14 of 672 Hotels in Prague
cleveland, ohio
“Romantic Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2009

This summer we traveled from the US to Amsterdam, Brugges, Vienna, Prague, Bellagio (Italy) and Venice. Our stay in Prague was made extra special by the Alchymist hotel. This hotel was beautiful in all respects and in a great location for all the sights in the city. The hotel was built in the 1500's and had a warmth and ambiance that made it feel like home. The room was outstanding. Moreover, the service was fantastic. Before arriving at the hotel I had been emailing with the staff to set up dinners. Their recommendations were great. The hotel arranged two private guided tours for us and everything went off without a hitch. I would not stay anywhere else if I go back to Prague. I should mention that as a city, of all the places that we went on this trip, I and my wife, liked Prague the best. It is a visually stunning city which just exudes history.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank csuosu

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
  • Czech first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Miami
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2009

During the time I was in the hotel I felt a magical atmosphere which made me feel inside a fairytale. This is definitely the best hotel i've ever been in. I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled solo
2 Thank marion4615
london
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2009

Went for an anniversary break on the summer package, perfect from the airport pick-up and car throught to the end., Friendly and exceptionally helpful staff, great service, always paid attention to the little extras, from chocolates on pillows, to wine tasting to a relaxing pool and spa. We could easily have spent all the time at the hotel. Restaurant was great, ambience, food and wine selection was good, would highly recommend it for anyone wanting to get away for some r&r (my wife said my grey hair turned black again!!).

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank tisra
Saint-Petersburg
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2009

This hotel is perfect. It has impeccable service and good location in the part of the center of Prague . The Hotel is like a museum. There are many beautiful interesting old things in his interiors. The atmosphere of the hotel is very romantic.
We had a room overlooking the beautiful St. Nicolas Cathedral one of the most famous cathedrals of Prague.
It is an expensive hotel, but worth the money such as The Restaurant of the hotel and the Spa. The staff are courteous, helpful and well-informed, and would go out of their way to make a guest's stay memorable.
The food is very tasty. The Restaurant where we had breakfast and several times during our staying had dinner is excellent.
Our room was very beautiful, comfortable bed (sleeping in this bed you are like a qween or a king), the bathroom is also very nice and comfortable. Good TV and DVD-player.
The Lobby bar is nice too. We loved lounging in the bar because of the atmosphere and nice wait staff.
This is a wonderful place to stay.

• Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank konvent-ira
Madrid Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2009

For sure, the "Alchymist" Gran Hotel and Spa, has the power to do somenthing and everything so well that the time you spend in this hotel it seems magical and mysterious.

Perfect location, perfect atmosphere, perfect crew, might I say more?, yes; go and enjoy it!

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
3 Thank AiramMadrid
UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2009

What can you say about the Alchymist Grand Hotel and Spa? There are not enough superlatives in the English dictionary to cover the truly great experience we had at this wonderful hotel. Both my wife and I stayed here in January 09 for a short break as I work overseas and when on leave we like to get away for some quality time together, and this is the place to do it. The Spa is excellent, the lady’s there are extremely helpful and knowledgeable, and you will get an excellent massage, totally relaxing experience. All staff are courteous and helpful and can never do enough to help, they always have a smile on their face. I have stayed in many hotels around the world and this one has to be the best. What can I say it was a truly wonderful experience and we will be returning ASAP?

• Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Nelson51
Bklyn
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2009

I stayed at this hotel for a few days and I could not believe the service. From the moment I entered the hotel, I was greeted with the welcome as if I was visiting my lost family member. The staff was very warm and made me feel at home. The hotel it self is very historical and the rooms are spectular. It was four of us and each room was different and each was better than the other.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business