Alchymist Grand Hotel & Spa
US$114
US$73
US$71
  • Restaurant
Green Garden Hotel(Prague)(Great Value!)
US$171
US$129
Priceline
1,853 results
All reviewsamerican embassywine and cheese tastingcharles bridgebaroque styleevery eveningjunior suitesteam roomprague castleold townromantic hotelquiet streetmala stranagorgeous hotelturn down servicelesser townwelcome drinkthe location is perfect
Reviewed 1 July 2010

I was in Prague on business and this was a welcomed retreat! I only wish I could have stayed longer. The staff is very helpful and the wine at the end of the day was an extra bonus. Breakfast in the morning was elegant and the rooms are very comfortable. The spa is beautiful and very unique. The location couldn't be more perfect as it was easy to stroll to the hot spots in the evening after work, and to explore the many historic places on the weekend. I wouldn't stay anywhere else if I return to Prague.

1  Thank Brendainva
Alchymist, General Manager at Alchymist Grand Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2010

Thank you for nice review of our property. I hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you soon back in the Alchymist Hotel. With my kindest regards, Veronika Choteborska - General Manager

Reviewed 30 June 2010

Our initial experience on arrival was perfect; a warm welcome from reception and staff followed by a chilled glass of champagne- certainly set the scene for our stay.
Next we received a free upgrade to meet our booking requirements (twin bed not double) - further luxury in the extra room and furnishings. One constructive comment would be in relation to the bathroom. There was no separate shower, and at my height over 6ft the bath shower was not appropriate due to its positioning under the sloping roof (NB most rooms are different in their style so this just may have been bad luck). Also from a health and safety perspective there was no handgrip to help ease in and out of the bath nor was there any rubber mat/bath dimples to help avoid slipping. This though is a minor gripe in the whole context of our experience.
The quality of the food was again good - dinner was fantastic (Egon Ronnay recommended) in taste, quantity and presentation. The buffet Breakfast though was a little disappointing, in that the food was not overly hot, unless you selected the chef's 'cooked on the spot' choices. Service was again good, although it appears to be the nature of good service in all the restaurants we ate in, to remove a dirty plate/glass as soon as was empty, despite my partner still finishing their meal - perhaps the local cultural way?!
Location again was good, slightly off the main concourse of the tourist flow, but only 5 minutes away from the Charles Bridge and then another five minutes to the old Town Square.
I even tried out the spa, a couple of massages, both were painfully pleasant (my choice - no pain no gain). The 'pool' was more for dipping only, as opposed to training for a long (or for that matter short) distance swim.
Overall this hotel gets a big thumbs up, for a great luxurious city break retreat, with oodles of excellent service, culture and charm.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank David_Tracey

Dear Guest, I really appreciate your extensive comments about your stay with us. I hope to see you soon in the Alchymist. with my kindest regards, Veronika Choteborska - General manager

Reviewed 26 June 2010

From the moment we checked in until the moment we left the property we were treated like royalty. Nothing we asked was too much nor a burden. Every single staff member we encountered was truly interested in making our stay the best possible experience. We just can't say incredible enough times!

2  Thank tlvice

Thank you for your nice words about Alchymist Experience. I hope to see you soon back when travelling to our beautiful city. With my kindest regards, Veronika Choteborská - General Manager

Reviewed 25 June 2010

We do recommend this hotel, if you love silence and excellent service! The breakfast was great, because the plates didn´t make noice (only few persons at breakfast)! This is a big problem in big hotels.

The wine-tasting every afternoon gathered visitors to taste wines and cheese and and to discuss with each other!
The spa was marvellous: gym, sauna and jaguzzi.
We stayed for four days, we never forget!!
Nothing negative to say.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank LailaVantaa
Alchymist, General Manager at Alchymist Grand Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2010

Thank you very much for comments about your stay. I am happy to read you enjoyed visit of Prague and you found our hotel to be great place. With my kindest regards, Veronika Choteborska - General Manager

Reviewed 22 June 2010

My work keeps me on the road in Europe for many weeks of the year. I stay in business hotels small and large, and most treat me well. In my experience, though, nothing compares to the Alchymist Grand Hotel and Spa in Prague. The building itself is stunning - an amalgamation of a centuries-old palace and other structures unified in a marvelous baroque luxury. All the spaces: courtyard, lounge, bar, cafe, restaurant, spa and of course the guest rooms, have been crafted to exquisite standards.

The Alchymist staff is attentive, available, helpful and not at all overbearing. Need tickets for a tour, a concert, a boat ride? No problem. Directions or recommendations for a restaurant? Easy. When we asked for a place with good food and music, we were recommended to La Bodeguita del Medio where we enjoyed excellent Cuban food, a Salsa band and professional dancers. When we couldn't get reservations for the famous Kampa Park restaurant, we were directed to Hergetova Cihelna‎, also on the water, also extraordinary food and no difficulty in getting a table for eight.

The hotel provides a very nice breakfast, both buffet and a la carte. Every evening there is a wine and cheese reception for the guests. (This is a real treat. It would be nice. though, if the wine menu were to vary a bit from the house wines.) The Aquarius restaurant also serves a fine lunch and dinner. The weekend musical entertainment could use some variety. Be aware that smoking is permitted in all the public spaces. I would have preferred some limits on where people smoke, as second-hand smoke bothers me.

The spa is lovely: soaking pool with jets, saunas, steam rooms, small gym, attendant at the ready. Where else will you find chandeliers over the pool and in the changing room for the sauna? The only spa pampering I've experienced there is a massage, which I get on every visit. The Balinese massueses are the best.

The rooms range from adequate size to amazing suites. Rain-showers and soaking tubs are the norm. All share the guilded, tapestried, baroque theme of the hotel. I had a nice flat-panel TV that I never used. (Who wants to watch TV in Prague?) If you like air conditioning, bring ear-plugs, though, because the room air conditioners get a bit noisy at night.

The Alchymist is located a short walk from Prague Castle, Petrin Park and the Charles Bridge, with easy access to the public transit system. The immediate area is quiet, but very close to plenty of restaurants and activity. Make sure you bring comfortable walking shoes. Prague is a great city for hours of strolling.

If you sign up for the Alchymist Gold Club and an iPrefer Hotel Group membership, you will get some nice perks at the hotel.

The Alchymist is a lovely boutique hotel that knows how to take care of its guests. I am always impressed that they welcome me back by name when I walk in.

2  Thank OneFineMan

Dear Onefineman, I am delighted to see your extensive review about our property and about Prague. Thank you very much for your time and valuable comments. I am looking forward to welcome you back in near future. With my kindest regards, Veronika Choteborska - General Manager