“The standard is not what it looks like ....” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Antik

Antik
Ranked #70 of 670 Hotels in Prague
“The standard is not what it looks like ....”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2013

After I have been in Prague every month for some time, I wanted to try this hotel which looks nice from outside.
I arrived the hotel Sunday 25th August '13 and stayed 6 nights.
The room I got, must be the smallest hotelroom in Prague. The bed was okey, but I was some surpriced they did not change bedclothes during the week.
It had been nice to have a comfortable chair to sit on. The only chair was by the desk, and not comfortable. So if you are two people, the one must sit by the desk and the other on the bed.
I need a good internet connection, since I work a lot during my travels. Sad to say this also was problematic. Every time I logged on I was redirected to some strange site...
On my smartphone I lost connection all the time and had to move around to "catch" it.

So a little about the breakfast: The breakfast at Antik Hotel Old Town is like in most hotels, so was this no reason to complain about. The lunch room is nice, but I was very surpiced they don't have seating to all guest for breakfast. I was up early so I did not need to stay waiting for a free seat to get breakfast.

I have a nice stays in Prague, because I know where to go and where to sit comfortable and also where to get internet.

After I came back after a day out the town, they always change towels if needed.
What they did not do, was to supply me with toilet paper.... so this I gave up and went to a shop across the street to buy some myself.
If your main reason to go to Prague is to see Karlov Must and the Old Town Square this hotel has a very good location.
If you need some comfort in the hotel, I will advice you to go somewhere else.
By the way: If you need public transport like tram or metro, there is some to walk to find one...

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank John3322
antikhotels, Front Office Manager at Antik, responded to this review, 10 September 2013
Dear client,
thank you very much for your visit and your evaluation. However allow me a few comments:

- room size – if the client is booked for a single room, the room is obviously smaller, double rooms are larger
- rooms are cleaned up every day, towels changed, cosmetics and toilet paper replenished. If the guest does not wish to be disturbed during cleaning hours, he is kindly asked to pick it up in the non stop reception
- in the rooms we have a high quality WIFI coverage free of charge, we are sorry that you had problems on the line
Best regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Sweden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2013

29 July to 1 August , Everything was like I expected , Quit room ,clean,bed was good, one window but we was only in the room to sleep , location great ,we walk to everything , breakfast was just in my taste and the room price was good , friendly staff , so totally nothing to complain everything was fine
/ Sweden

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
antikhotels, Public Relations Manager at Antik, responded to this review, 3 August 2013
Dear client,
Thank you very much for your a very nice evaluation. It is very nice to hear that you enjoyed your stay in Prague. We are looking forward to your next visit . Best regards.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2013

Super location, just round a couple of corners from the main square - our room (Room 101) was really quiet. No view or aircon but lots of windows and a balcony door.

Staff friendly, English was good.

Plenty of food available at breakfast.

Stayed 3 nights July 2013

Room Tip: Room 101 was great no noise.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Dear client, Thank you very much for a nice evaluation. It is very nice to hear that you enjoyed your stay in Prague . We are looking forward to your next visit. Best ragards.
Jerusalem, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2013

I ordered the hotel as a gift for my parents, for 6 nights.
They just arrived back home, full of complimants about the hotel - great locaion only a few minutes walk from everything, big and nice rooms, and most important - very nice and helpful stuff.
The hotel reprasentative realy made efforts to make their stay as comfortable as possible, and we appreciate it. Recomended!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
antikhotels, Public Relations Manager at Antik, responded to this review, 29 July 2013
Dear client,
Thank you a lot for your most kind evaluation, it is always so nice and satisfying to hear that. We are glad that the stay of your parents in our hotel helped to make their visit of Prague very special . Looking forward to see your parents or you again. Best regards.
Lancs
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2013

I stayed here on the 12th July and it was a very pleasant experience. The reception staff were very helpful, the room was very spacious with a large balcony (not much of a view but we didn't plan on staying spending much time on it anyway). The breakfast room was very quaint with hot food, cereals, fruit juice, coffee, toast and yoghurts. It even had wine one morning! The location is superb, less than 5 mins walk from the old town square. The hotel is in a historical building with a stone winding staircase next to an antiques shop and plenty of restaurants. Would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
antikhotels, Public Relations Manager at Antik, responded to this review, 23 July 2013
Dear client,
Thank you very much for a nice and detailed evaluation. It is very nice to hear that you enjoyed your stay in Prague / in our Hotel. We are looking forward to your next visit. Hope to see you soon.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2013

This hotel was a pleasant surprise, we travel with two kids, and when we got to the hotel, they'd had our room ready and set for us, it was super clean, had a safe box in the room, and the bathroom had a great size.
The breakfast bar, which was included, was superb. Lots of variety, fruits, juice, cereal, milk, teas, coffee machine, 2 hot options, bread, chessee, ham. My kids are picky eaters and I found great options for them. Besides is a lovely space where the breakfast is served.
On the other hand, our room didn't have an A/C, but we sleep comfortable during the night with the window open and a fan. And there is not a shower stand, but that was not a problem at all. And there is not elevator, also no a problem..
We enjoy our stay, we walk about 3 blocks to where everything happened, and 5 blocks to the huge shoping mall. I really recomend this great hotel.

Room Tip: We stay at the 104.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank MexicanoPataeperro
antikhotels, Public Relations Manager at Antik, responded to this review, 19 July 2013
Dear clients,
Thank you very much for your generous evaluation. We are glad that the stay in our hotel helped to make your visit of Prague very special and hope sincerely to welcome you soon again.
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2013

There are a lot of small boutique hotels in Prague, all offering varying discounts, so we looked for a while before picking Antik- in the end, it had a lot to do with availability and price. Antik is decently priced (discount if you go for 3 nights, and also if you book ahead) and the location is in Old Town, meaning you can walk to anywhere in Old Town since Prague is small and walkable. We also walked from the bus station- that was slightly more painful with the luggage.
The room was clean and decent. Bathroom was slightly claustrophobic, but it nothing catastrophic. I think I read somewhere to request a top floor room with a view, but they didn't listen to us and just gave us a first floor room. This ended up working out very well because THERE IS NO ELEVATOR, and we did kind of have a view of the street. Breakfast in the morning was very good. The staff were varying degrees of friendly. I found a lot of the people in Prague's tourism industry to be kind of sullen and unfriendly, so in comparison Antik wasn't bad, but some of the front desk workers were more cheerful than others.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank C0rnMuffin
antikhotels, Public Relations Manager at Antik, responded to this review, 14 July 2013
Dear Madam,

Thank you very much for your kind evaluation. We appreciate your evaluation.

As you well know our hotel is located in the very historical centre of Prague. It consists of two buildings, one historical without a possibility of having a lift built in. We have a lift in the second part. Should you request an accomodation with lift, the reception will give it to you.

All depends upon client´s request.

We are looking forward to your next visit.