“Nice and comfy guesthouse.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Miss Sophie's Hotel

Miss Sophie's Hotel
Ranked #97 of 670 Hotels in Prague
Florianopolis, SC
“Nice and comfy guesthouse.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2011

This is not a hotel, but a guest house.

The location isn`t the best, but its 15 min from Prague`s downtown. Room is very modern and comfortable, and staff is very nice.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2011

I spent 3 nights at miss sophie's and have no complaints. The rooms are great, of a decent size and most importantly, clean and well maintanined. Prague really is a walking city, and miss sophie's is the perfect location to be in. Near enough to walk to nearly all the major attractions (my brother and I walked to wenceslas square, old town square and Prague castle in one afternoon) but far away enough that you're not bumping up against the hordes of other tourists in town.

Breakfast is excellent, I highly recommend you try it at least once during your stay!

Overall, we had a fantastic time in Prague, the one unpleasant experience was at the restaurant across the road - banditos. We went in for lunch, nobody showed us to a table and so we finally sat down at a table only to have the manager yell at us that the table was reserved before walking off. Needless to say, we didn't stay for lunch and ended up discovering a fantastic place around the corner on the main road - U Jecmene. Really friendly owner, he insisted on bringing us potatoes with the fried cheese we ordered, and it ended up being the most AMAZING boiled potatoes I've ever had.

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank powergrrl
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2011

Stayed at the apartment with a friend. Will always choose Miss Sophie's whenever I'm in Prague, as I know I will be getting a nice place that's value for money. Love the really chic and simple design of the apartment rooms. The cute drawings of Prague city on the room wall add a personal touch to the apartment, and the housekeeping does a wonderful job at keeping the apartment nice and tidy, despite it being a large area to clean. The shower area is really nice, and I especially like the huge rain shower head. The kitchen also has everything that you need to cook a meal when you don't feel like eating out.

The staff are really friendly and helpful, so I am quite surprised by MrbBangkok's review. I also read through the reviews of other people in the list, and they all had good reviews for the staff. I would say that it is rare for a hotel in Prague to have such nice and friendly English-speaking staff like those in Miss Sophie's. So, I would highly recommend this place not just for the rooms but also the service.

Some suggestions for improving the design of the apartment though... I think the hanging round ball lamp over the sofa is too low and I did accidently hit it once or twice, and I am sure other people would have experienced the same thing, and hopefully someone did not hit the ball lamp off its frame. Also, having the bed frame just beside your head when you sleep is also not a good idea. Read a review where someone actually hit their eye on the bed frame when waking up from sleep. It would also be nice to have a shelf in the shower area to put toiletries, and not having to walk out of the shower area to get the toiletries from the sink.

Other than that, this place is excellent! ^-^ Would definitely be back :)

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Chloe_N_10
New York, New York, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2011

We stayed at Miss Sophie's for 6 days in November, and were very pleased with our lodging. Very clean, wonderful decor, and helpful staff. Also, Miss Sophie's breakfast is well worth the cost (which is very reasonable). We didn't find much in the immediate area as far as cafes or breakfast type food, so take advantage of the excellent home cooked breakfast...lots to choose from, and Edgar, the chef, is super friendly. The only downside is that outside street noises travel a bit too well through the streets (we were on the very top floor).

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CarisaS
Bangkok, Thailand
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2011

I'm writing this while I'm still staying in the hotel but I felt very strong to write it right away because the staff is so bad! I went to the reception to ask the direction for bus station to Cesky Krumlov and the staff was so rude. When I ask that the bus staion is at this point or not, he acted like he didn't care and then just told me that if the ticket said so ,it's there. How rude was that!

And when I ask which number of the tram should I take? He told me no.10 but I didn't see the tram no.10 in the map will run to that station so I ask him again for sure. Then he told me if it didn't go there so you can walk a bit. I think he can be way more polite just paying attention to what I said and what I pointed in the map but on the other hand he just answered me carelessly.

Anyway , some of the staffs are good. I spent 5 nights here. But all I think is they should be way more polite to me!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank MrbBangkok_Thailand
MissSophies, Front Office Manager at Miss Sophie's Hotel, responded to this review, 21 December 2011
Sawatdee khrap. Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear about your experience. We are dedicated to upholding the standards of customer service and are keen to provide the best service to our guests to help them enjoy Prague during their stay. From more than a dozen pre-arrival email requests from you concerning your trip planning to the Czech Republic, we have been striving to be helpful to you, respectfully providing you each time with the information you were requesting.

The receptionist at the front desk that you mentioned has done his best to provide you with the directions, but perhaps there was a language and/or cultural barrier, since your English (written and spoken) is not exactly standard British or American English. (We are trying hard to understand what your current review is saying exactly). As the front office manager, I happened to personally witness your conversation with him (it was around 11 pm), and there was not a slightest expression of rudeness on his part. All the details that you mentioned he had communicated to you are factually correct, although unfortunately, it seems it was interpreted on your end as a personal insult, perhaps due to misunderstanding. If you have problem getting the service you need from one of our staff, feel free to speak to the manager, and we will do our best to meet your need.

Our staff has genuine respect for all our guests, regardless of whether they booked a dorm bed at a promotional 3 Euro/night, a private room, or an apartment, like the one where we upgraded you free of additional charge during your stay. At the same time, as an employer, we give full respect to all our staff, including the housekeepers (they do the hardest work behind the scenes to keep our guestrooms clean).

Khaawp khoon khrap.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2011

Great styling throughout, very friendly and helpful staff. Only negative would be that the walls are paper thin, you can hear everything!!!

• Stayed November 2011
Auckland, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2011

This was by far the BEST hostel/boutique hotel I have stayed in.

Being an international flight attendant, I have travelled all over the world... for work and leisure.

We rented out the group apartment which had 4 beds and could sleep up to 5.

This only cost us 65 pounds or so per person for 4 nights! There were 4 of us.

The rooms were amazing, came with bathroom, dining table, kitchen... and even two chandiliers! Was very modern.

Great location!

The breakfast offered was only 5-6 pounds and you pretty much had your own French chef. The food was amazing! We opted for the omelette's and canapes! Which is unlimited..... Also has fresh juice, coffee/tea, toast, meats, cereals, fruits, yoghurt, cakes, muffins ... and all sorts! Definitely recommend the omelette!

Overall a great experience and i hight recommend this to ANYONE!

Room Tip: Group apartment = WOW