“If only every place I've stayed in was like this!!!”

Miss Sophie's Hotel
Ranked #92 of 649 Hotels in Prague
Perth
“If only every place I've stayed in was like this!!!”
Reviewed 22 June 2012

such a beautiful, wonderful place to stay. Super affordable on a budget and completely worth it. Very easy to get to (i am absolutely terrible with directions and get lost very easily!!), i had no trouble getting here from the main train station. The staff are wonderful, incredibly friendly and helpful. Location is slightly out of the way of the main tourist parts (15 minute walk to old town square), but this is the way to be! Trams to the castle district run almost right out the front, and the train station is only 3 minute walk away.
I cannot stress enough how beautiful this place is for the price it costs to stay. and one last thing, if you don't have the breakfast there at least one morning, you have missed the most amazing breakfast ever!!!.

Room Tip: spend the money to get a private.. its well worth it!!!
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 June 2012

A boutique hotel/hostel walking distance from the city centre. Set up very nicely, great service, really nice rooms (we took a double bedroom) and the breakfast is outstanding for Europe (extra 6 euro but worth every cent). Breakfast is all you can eat including usual continental style plus a chef waiting to cook you any style eggs, pancakes, french toast, bacon etc. Also has some nice extras like pesto and tomato on french stick etc. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 June 2012

It was one of my best surprises in the beautiful Prague. This hotel was a suggestion of my friend and despite of being a little bit far away from main sightseeings it is very well located and the staff is really attentive and always ready to help us with information regarding the city or anything. I strongly recommend Miss Sophies for your stay in Prague. Rooms are clean, have space for your things, bath is very good too.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank pedluc
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 7 June 2012

This was my first time staying in a Hostel and I was a little hesitant at first. I first noticed hostel because my dogs name is Sophie. Its silly but true. I looked at the photos and saw all the positive reviews and decided "why not?" and Im so glad I did!

From the time we stepped out of the cab to the time we checked out there was nothing about Miss Sophie's that I didn't like. We stayed in a king room with a private bath (#13 to be exact). The room was very clean, hip and also huge for a European hotel, excuse me, hostel. There was tons of storage space, a safe, a writing desk, a flat screen tv and a comfy bed. The bathroom was also clean, well equipped and modern. The location is good and the staff was very helpful and friendly.

Now about the A/C... this was our fourth hotel on our European journey and every room we stayed in was too hot for our American taste. The room at Sophie's seemed to be no different or worse so after playing with the air for a while and seeing that it did not change I proceeded to tell the front desk clerk. She chuckled and said "we control the air from here" and asked me what temperature I would like it set at? After that the room was not only cooler but almost cold! I was delighted and for the first time on our trip I did not get hot while sleeping. I wanted to share this bit of information because I have seen several complaints about the room temps and one even referenced our room #13 specifically. Of course after that I was wondering if the other hotels we stayed in had the same set-up... I will always ask from now on.

Room Tip: The front desk controls the room A/C temp so if its too hot or too cold you need to speak to the fro...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed 5 June 2012

What does "Hostel" say to you? Affordable, a little careworn, lots of clutter and bustle? Backpacks required? A line to check in?
Not so at Miss Sophie's. Everything was modern, immaculately clean, visually interesting like a boutique hotel. The desk staff person was fluent in English and had the problem-solving ability of an experienced concierge.
I could have chosen a hotel room that would look just like every hotel room here and at home. I was tired after many hours of travel and a little irritable; I just wanted a private room and time to regroup. After taking a lovely shower, I opened the windows and watched the breeze sweep over the clay tiles of the roofs of Prague.
Consider Miss Sophie's if you are tired of predictable, stale hotel rooms. Consider the advantage of helpful staff who know what you will need to know in this city and will mark a map for you and send you off with suggestions.

Room Tip: I stayed in a private room. It was at the rooftop level and blissfully silent and isolated. Next t...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
Scotland
Reviewed 1 June 2012

From the moment we booked to when we had to say a fond farewell, our experience of Miss Sophie's was practically perfect in every way! We stayed in a private double room (room 11 in the main building) and it was a fantastic room. Modern, chic and comfortable with all mod cons. The lovely reception staff had also arranged for some decorations (in english) and beer to be put in the fridge for my partners 30th, which was a lovely surprise for him!

Just a short walk to the old town, close to the metro/tram, and best of all 2 blocks from Pivovarsky dum, Miss Sophie's is a great base to explore everything Prague has to offer.

*as an aside the mexican, Bandito's, across the road is overpriced but the staff are really friendly (not always guaranteed in this lovely, yet abrupt, city)

Room Tip: Room 11 was fantastic, even though it faced the road, with the windows shut it was peaceful
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 24 May 2012

We were redirected to Miss Sophie's because our room at their other property, Czech Inn, had a water problem before we arrived. The staff at Czech Inn had already made the arrangements, and they called us a cab and gave us some beers while we waited.

I can hardly believe Miss Sophie's was a hostel, because it was very classy. Our room, decorated in black and silver, was gorgeous. There are also some personal amenities provided, as well as extra towels and air conditioning. However, we were looking forward to the gregarious environment of a hostel (they had been watching a hockey game at Czech Inn), so we felt isolated and anonymous at Miss Sophie's. That said, the location of MS is way better, only three minutes from the Metro Station.

The bathroom was the biggest issue. There's only a half partition for the shower, no curtain, and water goes EVERYWHERE. It even got outside the bathroom onto the hardwood floors and we had to mop it up. If they could resolve that, I think it would help a lot. The lighting is also kind of dim, but not the worst.

I recommend this property for folks who want the hotel experience on a budget and not ones who are looking for a bustling place. Because this place really was beautiful and a great value.

• Stayed May 2012