“A nice Boutique Hostel, but...”

Miss Sophie's Hotel
Ranked #100 of 647 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 9 April 2013 via mobile

The whole experience was strange, and unwelcoming. Probably, the worse hostel review I have written on TA. Half-an-hour to check-in isn't acceptable, the guys before me waiting 45 minutes. I found reception 'overall' generally unwelcoming, even at the second (extra) booking stage - as if, it was my fault for booking on-line. Two bathrooms in the 'satellite' building for approx 20 beds wasn't enough, especially when you are constantly disturbed. Equally, I found the washing facilities to be dirty - with other guests self-induced vomit from the night before, being left behind. A shame because, as a boutique hostel (fairly modern) it has so much potential. Maybe just, badly managed!? Wifi seems to be the norm in hostels now, but frustratingly doesn't work in the annex (overspill) building - if say, you want to plan your next trip/share your experience on social media. To finish, I found my fellow roommates equally to be somewhat unusual (and I've stayed in many hostels) - although I appreciate, this is not down to Miss Sophie. A surreal adventure. Overall and sadly, not a great stay and I love Prague. It's nothing to do with the people, just the place. Maybe, I was at this hostel at the wrong time!? On a plus side, the price was good - although, I still would encourage the other improvements (as above, like cleaning) regardless.

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank Max0678

Reviewed 8 April 2013

I have just came back from Prague, and I have stayed at Miss Sophies for 1 nigh with friends, on the room for 3 with private bathroom. The place is just excellent, very clean, modern, staff is very friendly and the breakfast that we paid 7 euros is delicious.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 March 2013

Miss Sophie's is one of the best places I've been to in the world.
Great location, lovely design, fair price and the nicest helpful staff.
We stayed in a wonderful apartment and it really made our stay in Prague.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank einat s
Reviewed 3 March 2013

I found this design hotel on budgetplaces.com and it was exactly what i wanted. A lovely design hotel on a budget. Just a 10min walk from the city centre, this hotel is perfect located. Dont forget to take the breakfast, 1 big table with all you can eat breakie! They even make you pancakes... Thx for the great service!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jonasdd
Reviewed 25 February 2013

I and my group of friends stayed there for 3 nights in two 4-person rooms. The room was very spacious with a neat dining area, kitchen and nice toilet all en suite. We were allocated rooms on the top floor and we had ceiling windows which we could see the stars inside our rooms! The place was quiet and clean, and staff were extremely helpful and offered us a lot of travelling ideas, nice dinning places as well as money exchanges places! Though the location was bit off the main crowded tourists area, it only takes a nice 15 min walks from main spots. Definitely recommending it.

Room Tip: Try the 4-person rooms, it is spacious and still you can have privacy between beds!
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Libera C
Reviewed 4 February 2013

We have just returned from a weekend in Prague and stayed at Miss Sophie's. Absolutely fantastic value for money, the rooms are fabulous as are the breakfasts.

I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend Miss Sophie’s to anyone and my partner and I would be more than happy to stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 January 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights in a 5 bed dorm and it was excellent. The rooms are roomy and the beds clean and very comfortable. The whole place is spotless and the showers are awesome. I also totally recommend breakfast. For the money you pay the value is excellent. My only gripe would be that the signage could be a little more prominent.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends