“Chic and value for money boutique hotel”

Miss Sophie's Hotel
Ranked #103 of 648 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 14 April 2013 via mobile

Stayed in both the dorm and twin deluxe room. Value for money. Nice and chic. All rooms equipped with a rainshower.

Walking distance to National Museum and Wenceslas Square. Easy access to tramlines and Metro.

• Stayed: April 2013
There are newer reviews for Miss Sophie's Hotel

Reviewed 12 April 2013

Found the staff friendly, showed us to our rooms across the street from reception (next to a great Mexican bar with great food and friendly staff, also very cheap). The room had a double bed and a single bed, it's own seperate kitchen, and a fantastic bathroom (I think the room number was 2B). This is ideal for stag do's which I was on as the kitchen has a table and chairs for pre drinks before the night starts but I would also happily take my wife there for a romantic trip. The location was close enough for all the bars and was a reasonable price.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 April 2013 via mobile

The whole experience was strange, and unwelcoming. Probably, the worse hostel review I have written on TA. Half-an-hour to check-in isn't acceptable, the guys before me waiting 45 minutes. I found reception 'overall' generally unwelcoming, even at the second (extra) booking stage - as if, it was my fault for booking on-line. Two bathrooms in the 'satellite' building for approx 20 beds wasn't enough, especially when you are constantly disturbed. Equally, I found the washing facilities to be dirty - with other guests self-induced vomit from the night before, being left behind. A shame because, as a boutique hostel (fairly modern) it has so much potential. Maybe just, badly managed!? Wifi seems to be the norm in hostels now, but frustratingly doesn't work in the annex (overspill) building - if say, you want to plan your next trip/share your experience on social media. To finish, I found my fellow roommates equally to be somewhat unusual (and I've stayed in many hostels) - although I appreciate, this is not down to Miss Sophie. A surreal adventure. Overall and sadly, not a great stay and I love Prague. It's nothing to do with the people, just the place. Maybe, I was at this hostel at the wrong time!? On a plus side, the price was good - although, I still would encourage the other improvements (as above, like cleaning) regardless.

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank Max0678
Reviewed 8 April 2013

I have just came back from Prague, and I have stayed at Miss Sophies for 1 nigh with friends, on the room for 3 with private bathroom. The place is just excellent, very clean, modern, staff is very friendly and the breakfast that we paid 7 euros is delicious.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 March 2013

Miss Sophie's is one of the best places I've been to in the world.
Great location, lovely design, fair price and the nicest helpful staff.
We stayed in a wonderful apartment and it really made our stay in Prague.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank einat s
Reviewed 3 March 2013

I found this design hotel on budgetplaces.com and it was exactly what i wanted. A lovely design hotel on a budget. Just a 10min walk from the city centre, this hotel is perfect located. Dont forget to take the breakfast, 1 big table with all you can eat breakie! They even make you pancakes... Thx for the great service!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jonasdd
Reviewed 25 February 2013

I and my group of friends stayed there for 3 nights in two 4-person rooms. The room was very spacious with a neat dining area, kitchen and nice toilet all en suite. We were allocated rooms on the top floor and we had ceiling windows which we could see the stars inside our rooms! The place was quiet and clean, and staff were extremely helpful and offered us a lot of travelling ideas, nice dinning places as well as money exchanges places! Though the location was bit off the main crowded tourists area, it only takes a nice 15 min walks from main spots. Definitely recommending it.

Room Tip: Try the 4-person rooms, it is spacious and still you can have privacy between beds!
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends