“Hostel for Adults - Cute, comfortable, good location, reasonably priced”

Miss Sophie's Hotel
Ranked #103 of 649 Hotels in Prague
South Brunswick, New Jersey
“Hostel for Adults - Cute, comfortable, good location, reasonably priced”
Reviewed 8 July 2013

An acquaintance recommended Miss Sophie's over Sir Toby's because it was closer to the metro.
We chose the 2 person room, which allowed us to save $ like a hostel, but vacation as adults with the privacy of our own room w/ bathroom. It's the perfect compromise for those who feel they are too old to stay at a hostel, but don't yet have to get a larger room when travelling with kids. It was convenient getting there from the airport and around town via mass transportation, we felt safe to walk in the neighborhood, and there are some good restaurants and stores nearby. The service was wonderful, with knowledgeable, friendly people at reception who helped us maximize our time and $ in Prague. We would definitely stay here again and recommend it to anyone else!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 July 2013

Stayed for ine night, paid 80 euros and got a very large apartment.

Arrived at 5pm and had to queue for a while as the computer systems had been down all day, felt bad for the poor chap trying to sort us all out! We were given room 5 D in the building opposite, which had an elevator thankfully. The room was spacious, had a massive double bed, sofa, dining table, kichen area with coffee machine, fridge, stove and kettle, very good. Nicely designed bathroom with rain shower and good toileteries. Good supply of towels. Was very pleased with this room considering the price. Aircon in room good, wifi not so string but useable.

Reception Booked us a taxi for the morning which was on time and relatively cheap, about 550koruna.

Will recommend this place to anyone. It is a few mins walk from Wenscelas Square, and close to the IP Pavlova metro stop.

Room Tip: 5D is very nice.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 July 2013

I was attracted to Miss Sophies location - I was attending a Conference in Prague and Miss Sophies is perfectly located between the Old Town and the Convention Centre - I could not have asked for a better spot. It was so close to the Metro, I was at the Convention in 11 mins door to door and then to the Old town in an equally short amount of time.
Miss Sophies looks beautiful, I really loved the industrial minimalist look. But that unfortunately was all it was - looks. The polished concrete shower had a lovely showerhead, with only a trickle of hot water and there was nowhere to put your soap/shampoo etc except on the floor. The lighting in the room was dark, and there was no light above the desk. The sensor light in the bathroom seemed to stay on for hours after I left the room. The wifi was patchy at best unless I was standing at my room door (certainly not at the study desk). Worst of all for me, the sound echoed through the building thanks to the lack of soft furnishings (aka the industrial look). I was awoken several times a night over 4 nights with sometimes rowdy, but mostly only exuberant guests talking in the lobby - the sound echoed up the stone stairway straight into my room (and this is despite the comfy bed). The reception was patchy, although David was a fantastic exception. The breakfast was definitely a redeeming factor (I wish I hadn't only had it on the last day) it was certainly spectacular!

Room Tip: I had a room on the first floor - I would try and get as high as possible to get away from the lobby...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 July 2013 via mobile

This place was amazing its like a hotel but with bunk beds. It looks very new, the beds are already made, large rooms and massive beautiful bathrooms. Pretty centrally located 10 min walk from the main train station and 20-30 mins walk from old town. The breakfast is incredible but costs €7 so only do it if you eat heaps or are into cooked breakfast. Aside from the breakfast though this place is amazingly good value cheapest place I stayed in on my trip. Staff are pretty knowledgeable, good wifi, lifts, little outdoors area, overall it's great.

• Stayed July 2013
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 1 July 2013

I couldn't believe how clean the rooms were and how nice the bathrooms were. I stayed in a 4-bedroom dorm on the ground floor right outside the reception. It really felt like a hotel. The lockers were great and fit all my stuff, and I had a big backpack full of stuff. I could leave all my things knowing they would be secure (unlike other hostels that have small lockers). The breakfast was also really amazing and although it is an extra, it is excellent value for money. The staff were also really great at giving me good advice to see Prague in the 3 hours I had :) I could also rent a towel and get tram tickets from reception which helped. Thank you! Will stay again definitely if life takes me Prague-side.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
New York City, New York
Reviewed 28 June 2013

This was the most well thought out, beautiful and fun hostel I stayed at over the course of a 3-week, 6-city euro tour. We were in a 5-bedroom female dorm that was basically an apartment with its own kitchen (complete with all utensils and dishware) and bathroom (great shower pressure and hot water). We used our cards at 3 checkpoints to get into the room so it was definitely safe! It was a little loud though at night since the walls are thin so I would recommend earplugs and you should be fine.

Reception staff is also super nice and helpful, they will store your luggage for as long as you need in a very secure room. Free wifi too. In house breakfast smelled delicious, although we didn't ever end up getting it since we had a fridge in the dorm.

Oh and do the pub crawl! We met so many other nice young travelers...

I hope Miss Sophie's becomes an international chain, they are great!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
St. John's, Canada
Reviewed 25 June 2013

This is the greatest place to stay in Prague. Rooms are clean, showers are great, and the staff is very helpful. Breakfast is the best you will get anywhere. It's close walking distance to Wenceslas Square and the tram and Metro are just outside the door! Fabulous.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple