“impersonal hotel but go round the corner to 3 great places!”

Hotel Caesar Prague
Ranked #175 of 649 Hotels in Prague
Lancaster, United Kingdom
“impersonal hotel but go round the corner to 3 great places!”
Reviewed 30 October 2013

an OK hotel with a very uninspiring interior decorated in that very anonymous hotel style which is so impersonal. At least it's clean but the breakfast wasn't great - not as good as in a UK youth hostel, and the staff are polite but remote. There also isn't any milk in the room to make tea (vital for British guests)
The best thing is the location - make sure you go round the corner to a street called Kremenkova which has 3 great attractions - the best beer hall/restaurant in Prague called U Fleku plus a great absinthe café called Absinthe Time and if you go to the end of Kremenkova there's a lovely cheap Mediterranean restaurant called Universal.
Also, if you turn right out of the hotel towards the river, you can get the number 17 tram into town (look for the raised platform which is the tramstop in the middle of the road).

Room Tip: get a room at the back of the hotel where it's quieter
3 Thank Travella966
YPH Y, Manager at Hotel Caesar Prague, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Dear Traveler,
Thank you very much for staying with us.
We appreciate your feedback about your impressions gained during your visit.
We are glad that you enjoyed our location.
We are sorry to learn that your stay did not meet your expectations in some aspects.
I hope that you left Prague with positive feelings.

Kindest regards,
Markéta Fialová

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Oxfordshire
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Whilst it didn't look much from the road outside the hotel is quite pleasant inside. We had a warm welcome from the receptionist who was very informative. The room had the latest proximity card entry system. The room was much larger than expected with plenty of storage space. There was a flat screen TV and a fridge with the usual mini bar items in. The shower was great but on full power it was almost too much to bear, like needles going in your head! We had a room on the top, fifth, floor so had a skylight which allowed a bit more light into the room. The hotel only serves breakfast but no other meals. The breakfast was fine for what we needed, nothing amazing but certainly enough to keep you going through most of the day. It was only a short walk from the hotel to the river and from there about 20 minutes walk to the Charles Bridge or the Old Town square. There were plenty of trams available but the weather was so nice it was pleasant to walk every where. There is a pleasant bar with happy hour offers etc but it was not well used whilst we were there. We had a couple of drinks there though. There is free wifi available throughout the hotel which was very useful. There was a gym and sauna but we didn't see them, so can't comment. We used the free hotel minibus transfer from the airport on arrival and this worked very well. There is also a relatively cheap return minibus available at certain times too but we used a taxi. I would certainly use this hotel again on a return visit to Prague if the opportunity arises.

Room Tip: The modern rooms on the top floor, fifth, were certainly very spacious and light because of a skylig...
2 Thank TJ862
CSPman, Manager at Hotel Caesar Prague, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
Dear Traveler TJ862,
Thank you very much for your review. It makes me happy that you had a great stay with us. We hope to have the possibility to welcome you back. Kind regards Tomas Novotny
Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 October 2013

I was really excited about staying in this hotel. I'd researched it and the reviews and pictures looked great. I think the problem is, it very much depends what room you get. Our room was really dated (and not in an on-purpose traditional way) and cold/soul-less. The bathroom was terrible. It didn't have a proper shower, it just has a shower hose coming off the tap, which I wouldn't have minded, but it wasn't mounted at above-head level, it was mounted on the wall at hip level. I had to get my boyfriend to hold it over my head, it was ridiculous! Not what you'd expect from a '4 star' hotel at all. There were some good things about the hotel, the location was great, near to the centre (15 mins walk from the Old Town) but also on a quiet street. It was fairly cheap and the breakfast wasn't too bad (lots of choices for continental, the small selection of hot food they had looked gross though). Also, the barman in the hotel bar was really rude and grumpy! It was okay but I wouldn't stay again. I would recommend 'The Lemon Leaf', the Thai restaurant across the road though, nicest Thai I've ever had!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear traveler Hannah
Thank you very much for your review.
I am glad that you liked the location.
On the other hand I am sad that you were not impressed by the room and speciály bathroom you stayed in.
Best regards,
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 October 2013

On arriving once we found the pick up point 2nd floor departures,the mini bus was on time to transfer us to the hotel FOC great for a first time visitor. We were quickly checked in with no hassle.The room was really nice warm, clean,and a nice en suite, all fully stocked with cable TV.
Breakfast had a good variety hot & cold food a good selection of pastries, coffee tea and fruit juice
The room was cleaned and tidied daily and the staff friendly and helpful.
Overall I would certainly book again

1 Thank Bandingoman
CSPman, Manager at Hotel Caesar Prague, responded to this review, 30 October 2013
Dear Traveler Bandigoman
thank you very much for your review.
Kindest regards Tomas Novotny
Wokingham, England
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Just got back on Sunday having spent 3 nights thereAs stated it is in a good position for walking into town or to the bus stops for a "Hop on Hop off bus" and you can buy tickets from reception - worth doing, tickets are about £20 for 48 hours which also include a river cruise.

There is a free shuttle service from the airport to the hotel, and you can book a return at the end of your stay for about £5. This is a big plus. Reception staff are friendly and very helpful. I sent an email prior to traveling asking for a quiet room at the top and they replied the same day and this is what was allocated. Room was spacious and clean with tea and coffee making facilities (but no milk, so suggest you grab a cupful at breakfast and keep it in the mini bar).

Breakfast was good, hot and cold choices. Being English, I cannot get to grips with serving cream cakes for breakfast, but the option of broccoli, green beans and sweetcorn was a surprise, but not taken up by me!

There are several restaurants in the immediate vicinity, some good, some not so good. Enjoyed my meal in the small Café Royal almost opposite the hotel, but I have reviewed restaurants separately.

The only downsides were that the sound insulation between the rooms are not very effective and upon checking out they wanted to charge me for a vodka used from the minibar. Explained that I had not taken any drink and they eventually took the charge of by bill, but I don't think they believed me! I would never do that, and especially just for something worth about £1.50.

Apart from that, a good choice and an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank ianandpasturesnew
Dear Traveler ianandpasturesnew
Thank you very much for your review.
It makes me happy that you had a great stay with us and you were impressed by the service and friendliness of our staff. Please accept my apology regarding the matter with vodka charged by mistake.
Best regards Tomas Novotny
La Mirada, California
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Our European journey continues in this city.My husband and I came from frankfurt and it was so nice that they have a airport van service (FREE) to the hotel.The staff were also nice. No need to take any transportation just few minutes walk to the city center. The breakfast was GREAT, i really love it!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Traveler myraeric Thank you very much for your review. It makes me happy that you had a great stay with us. We hope to have the possibility to welcome you back.
Kindest regards
Stockholm
Reviewed 13 October 2013

We were five persons spending four nights in Prague at this nice hotel and we are very happy with our choise.

The hotel is situated a few minutes walk to several tram lines but you could also easily take a walk to the very city centre. Three of us had a large triple room (room 310) with very high ceiling and a lovely big bathroom. Breakfast was adequate but not the best we have had. A couple of evenings we enjoyed very delicious and cheap cocktails in the nice bar.

The staff at the hotel were friendly and helpful at all times. We will definitely stay at Hotel Cesar Prague on our next visit to the city.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Traveler ubkvist ,
I m happy that you had a great stay with us and you were impressed by all the facilities of our hotel. I am sure that your detailed review will be much appreciated by other travellers. We hope to have the possibility to welcome you back. With kind regards,