“I would recommend this for comfort and location”

Hotel Caesar Prague
Ranked #175 of 651 Hotels in Prague
Durham
“I would recommend this for comfort and location”
Reviewed 17 March 2014

First of all, we were given a narrow room with two beds head to head and felt we were in a corridor! However, after speaking to reception, they gave us another room which was lovely. Free safety deposit, kettle and tea making facilities, a mini-bar and flat screen tv were standard in all rooms. The hotel was spotlessly clean in all areas we visited and we enjoyed our four-night stay.

I have a gluten intolerance (Coeliac) so contacted them in advance although I took some fresh gf bread and other products with me 'just in case'. I felt they didn't have a true understanding of issues of cross-contamination as they brought me a loaf that needed to be 'refreshed'. I said I would use my own. However, I managed to have enough to eat as the butter and jams were in little pots/packets, there were boiled eggs and they also provided me with a range of biscuits. Overall, I felt they had made a good effort. Of course, my husband had a choice of everything!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
CSPman, Front Office Manager at Hotel Caesar Prague, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Dear Traveler
Allow me to thank you for staying at the hotel Caesar Prague and for sharing thoughts about your stay. We are happy you enjoyed your stay in our hotel. We sincerely hope to see you again at hotel Caesar Prague.
With best regards
Markéta Fialová

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Hotel is old but has been refurbished to a high standard. There is a lift. The windows giving on to the street outside were secondary double glazed which kept out noise but the rumble of the trams still could be heard though it did not bother us much..We were in a good sized lovely, clean Antiquarian first floor room with very comfy beds, antique wardrobes, bath with shower. The staff are all very pleasant and speak English.

Shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, shower cap provided. A kettle is provided in the room but only one teabag per person is provided..no coffee and no milk. We had to go to a little shop around the corner to buy milk and coffee.
This was the best Continental breakfast I have had in my travels. Cereals, scrambled egg, sausages, corn and carrots, borsch, cheese, cold ham, pancakes with warm berries, yoghurt, fruit juices, a variety of rolls and bread. There is a bar available in the evening.

In the vicinity there are several little mini marts and several well priced restaurants.
The walk to the city centre was about 3/4 of a kilometre which was a lovely walk by the river. We are in our 70s and thoroughly enjoyed our walk to town every day.
Trams are easy to board but buy your ticket from a newsagent first before boarding as the tram driver is in a separate compartment. You have to punch your ticket when on the tram to denote the time that you boarded.
If I was to return I would have no hesitation in staying at the same hotel as for us it was perfect.

3 Thank maggiemaysc0tland
Dear Guests,
thank you very much for your review. It makes us happy that you had a great stay with us. We hope to have the oportunity to welcome you back in the future in one of our hotels.

Kindest regards
London
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Arrived at the hotel early around 11 am and was surprised that they allowed us to check in as we were expecting just to store our bags. For our three night stay, we were given a room on the 3rd floor, which had a four poster bed (another lovely surprise). The room was very nice and had all the essentials that you would expect. There were tea making facilities in room however, no coffee supplied and only one teabag left on side for each person per day. Had to get milk from the bar area, which they were more than happy to supply (think they may drink their tea black).

The breakfast was nice enough, plenty of breads, pastries, fruit, cold meats and drinks. The small hot selection on offer was not as tempting. Nice bar area near the front of hotel and they seemed to have a couple of offers at certain times in the day for drinks promotions.

Very centrally located hotel about 10-15 mins walk to many of the main attractions. We tried a couple of places to eat close by which were also very good. One just over the bridge, ten min walk, called Olympia (bit like a gastro pub) was particularly nice and another U Kroka, about twenty mins walk was also very good. We had pre booked our taxi through the hotel for both to/from airport and this cost approx £16 each way (as advised they no longer ran the bus from airport)

All in all a good trip and very nice hotel. I would definitely stay there again as we had got such a good deal on our city break through our operator.

2 Thank brady33
Dear Traveler,

I would like to take the opportunity and thank you for you feedback. It was a pleasure to read that you enjoyed the stay with us and remained overall satisfied.

We will be looking forward to welcome you back in the future in one of our Prague Hotels.

With Best Regards
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Overall I would rate the hotel well, it is far central short wall into Prague not far from Charles Bridge and the old town. The breakfast on a morning was adequate and plenty of choice. The rooms were large and well furnished. The bathroom was clean and was well kitted out with nice toillettes and there were fresh towels every day. I would stay there again. There were lots of local restuarants not far from the hotel that were cheap with plenty of choice of different tastes. There is a sauna but it is not free. Taxi to the hotel from airport was only about 600 Korn.

1 Thank Alisa S
Dear Guests,
thank you very much for your review. I am glad that you liked the location, our hotel rooms and breakfast.

We do hope that we will have the oportunity to welcome you back in the future in one of our hotel.

Best regards
Rosehearty, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Location very good for getting around Prague, clean rooms and staff very helpful. Special thanks to the lovely receptionist who helped us on numerous occasions! Also the lady (think she might have been a manageress who handed us a map detailing the many tours on offer was also very helpful. I highly recommend the communist tour. The city itself is beautiful and the food and drink are all inexpensive provided you stay away from the main centre of Prague. Highly recommended and I look forward to visiting again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
CSPman, Manager at Hotel Caesar Prague, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Dear Guests,
thank you very much for your review. It makes me happy that you had a great stay with us and you were impressed by the service and friendliness of our staff.

Warm regards from already spring Prague.
Lond
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Arrived at about noon, couldn't check in so bags were put away for us and we went to have a look around. Once you find your bearings, hotel is in a great location and we only used a taxi once and that was more to do with laziness :-/. Bedroom was nice, we suffered with noisy neighbours on two nights and that went on till 4 in the morning. We could not work out if it was staff or other hotel residents. Anyway it didn't matter as we had early nights and early mornings with all the walking we did. Breakfast was okay. Not really a hot breakfast with only eggs available and small frankfurters which didn't look very appealing but we have lovely pastries and cheese/ham, hotel staff very friendly.

Prague is a lovely city with enough to see but not too much and it took us two days to take in most of the city, I found the prague people to be quite rude when it came to money. On one occasion we attended a small italian restaurant, waitress seemed grumpy but we weren't really bothered. Our bill came to 525 czk so we put 700czk down as that was all we had on us. We were expecting change but the waitress just picked all the money up and said "done". I said no and then she brought us our change because of this we didn't leave any tip. I probably would if she hadn't assumed she could take the equivalent to £5 tip for a meal that cost us £12. The same happened in the old town in the steak el toro tent, naturally as it's in the tourist but we expected to pay more And we did. Nearly 80euro (equivalent) for two meals and 6 beers (much cheaper elsewhere). When it cam to paying the waiter said their was no service charge added and then instead of just leaving it, actually wrote down what tip we should give on the receipt. This immediately got my back up and I decided again that I would leave no tip. The waiter was not impressed and kept saying their was no service charge added in which I stated I was aware of this and I am also aware that it is an optional fee. This was the two things that really let prague down in terms of dining, they make themselves so desperate and assume that they should take a tip. I would do the same in London if it occurred. Our favourite place was the prague beer museum where the staff are so nice and we throughly enjoyed our evenings their. Also be careful of the taxis. Order from the restaurant or bar and don't use the taxi ranks (they charge a fortune) we made this mistake on our first night and due to my gut instinct we jumped out after 5 mins of driving and said we had forgotton my purse. We later found out my intuition was correct because the taxi driver is renowned for ripping people off. He drives a silver car with Czech flags out the window.

Dear Traveler,

We will be looking forward to welcome you back in the future and sending you warm greetings
from spring Prague.

With Best Regards
Harrogate, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 February 2014

This Hotel is wonderful very nice staff clean rooms it as a gym sauna and nice bar . Go to happy hour and try a cocktail wonderful . It is walking distance to every thing but very close to Trams and buses if you need them . Breakfast is very good with a good choice of warm and cold food . If you fly into Prague then take the free bus straight to the hotel and then book at reception for return journey at a cost of about £5 each great value .Whilst in Prague do try visit restaurant U Kroka it is a great place and very very reasonably priced rated 4 on Tripadvisor .

Dear Guests,
thank you very much for your review. It makes us happy that you had a great stay with us. We hope to have the oportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Kindest regards