“Akcent Hotel---stayed there twice during our 11 day visit to Europe”
Review of Akcent

Akcent
Ranked #141 of 649 Hotels in Prague
Iowa
“Akcent Hotel---stayed there twice during our 11 day visit to Europe”
Reviewed 21 December 2011

After an extensive research project for hotels in and around Prague, we chose the Akcent hotel. Our daughter was studying abroad the fall 2011 semester, and we were visiting her to time the the end of school.

To be honest, we chose Akcent not for the amenities, but for a balance of price (low) and location to public transportation. The first time, anyway. We stayed there 3 nights on the front of our trip, then traveled Germany for 4 days, with a loose plan to come back to Prague for the final 2 days. We had our rooms in Prague booked at the Akcent as well, but would have had no problem cancelling those rooms if we didn't like it.

Not only did we keep our rooms for the second stay, we came back to Prague a day early. We simply were more comfortabel in Prague than Germany, and the Akcent was part of that comfort. The room was spacious, clean, fantastic assistance by front desk staff. The breakfast was excellent, different than the hot breakfasts available in U.S. hotels, but authentic and real food. I'll take that any day over the fake eggs in most U.S. hotels.

Do yourself a favor if you go to Prague. Try the Akcent. It's a hotel not trying to be anything different. It's easy.....it's convenient....and the price is good. Wireless didn't connect for us in either room.....we got an etherenet cable from the front desk otr carried our laptop to the bar and connected fine. Not an issue.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Joe F

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Egypt
Reviewed 12 November 2011

This was my first trip to prague & I was a bit worried about this hotel's location as it is not in the city center; however, after my stay I've to admit that one of the best things about this trip was the area around the hotel. Prague is a very touristy city and you will not meet any locals or enjoy any local restaurants/pubs in the city center, so to be away from the city center is your only chance to meet local people & enjoy the true czech pub culture. The hotel is very convienintly located for all public transportation, it is literally above the entrance of "Andel" metro station which is only 4 stops from the city center, also there are numerous trams both at regular & late night times & the tram stop is only 5 min away. The area has a number of very good restaurants & pubs & there is a large shopping center only 3-4 min walk from the hotel. Also, I felt that the area was very safe & walked there late at night while coming back from the city center with no problems at all.
The hotel staff were really nice & helpful, I booked a single room, but was upgraded to a double one which was huge. However, one of the heaters in the room didn't work & when I told the front desk, the lady immediatly told me that I can change the room if I wish, when I said yes, she gave me a key to another room which was actaully more like a suite & was very large & comfy.
The room and bathroom were very clean & had a large bed, couch, table, TV, coffee making machine & lots of space. The shower worked very well with a good flow of hot water and the breakfast was ok (nothing special about it).
The only negative point in this hotel was that the carpets in the hallway were a bit dirty which gives you a bad feeling when first entering the hotel.
All in all, I was very satisfied by the hotel both for its location, staff & the large room I was assigned.

Room Tip: Take a room as far as possible from the elevator.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Mobz11
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 11 November 2011

I went to this hotel with my mom...OH MY GOD. The hotel has perfect location, nearest everything as shopping, metro, tram...The room is very large with small fridge bar. All rooms has balconies. I recommend this place!!!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Cellyarq
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed 21 September 2011

My Czech friend recommended this hotel to me, since he did not have room in his apartment to host me. The hotel was an excellent value. The room was very clean, comfortable, and large by European standards. I was quite surprised in a good way.

One of the nicest amenities was the free, in-room, high speed Internet. The front desk clerk loaned me an ethernet cable for my laptop. With that, I had a link to the world.

The breakfast was quite nice and typical of what I've had at other European hotels.

The hotel rooms are on the sixth floor of the building. The reception area is on the ground floor. Security was good for the fact that a person needed a room key card to activate the lift to the hotel floor.

The location was excellent. The entrance to the metro was literally in front of the hotel entrance. There was a large shopping center just a few blocks down the street. There were several supermarkets cllose by.

The reception staff were all very friendly. I felt very comfortable and welcome at Akcent Hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank skyguyWI
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 September 2011

my partner+i stayed at the ackent 3yr ago for xmas,we arrived xmas eve and found a lovely chinese restaurant open and very reasonably priced.out of the hotel turn left+its just a few minutes away.across the road from there and on the corner is a little steak house obviously for locals as theres no english on the menu,however we did manage to order steak+chip,which was wonderfull+2 pints each for a tenner,result!!
If you follow the path down on to the main street+across the road we found a tiny little bar,again no english spoken but very hospitable+50p a pint+gorgeous lager.the akcent is in a brilliant place.loads of cheap eateries+bars.its about a 2 mile walk to the charles bridge,but loads of sights to see on the way which most tourists probably wouldnt see.lovely little churches+architect.the venicular railway is also on the way+worth a trip on.if you go into the restaurant at the top of the hill try the onion soup,best ive ever tasted.the ackent is in prague 5+i wouls recommend anyone to stay there.theres a great big shopping centre for you shoppers.beware though the closer you get to the centre the more expensive it is.a friend of ours was there at the same time+staying in a hotel right on the edge of town+he was paying £2.50 a pint compared to our 50p.all in all a fantastic place,hotel was lovely,though didnt stay open after 12,even the casino in the basement,but clean,friendly+in an ideal area

• Stayed December 2010
1 Thank supamac59
Brussels
Reviewed 4 September 2011

I wasn't sure what to make of this hotel when I first arrived but now I'm a convert.
Clean room, simple but comfortable. Slept very well - no noise issues.
Easy to reach the old town centre by public transport. Walking distance from an area with bars, restaurants, shopping centre.
Staff told me about airport bus that stopped nearby, low-stress journey back to the airport.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank SnowInBrussels
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed 26 August 2011

This is the 2nd time I have stayed at this hotel and I have recommended it to many friends. Currently here with my daughter and we have walked everywhere. Andel Metro station is right outside the hotel making it easy to get here from the airport - bus station. Rooms are clean and airy - clean towels everyday if you want them. Prices include breakfast. There is a restaurant for evening meals if you want them but with so many good places to eat in the area you're spolit for choice. I can't praise the place highly enough. The last time I was here was January and it was knee deep in snow but still great. The only downside is that it is a very busy area so lot of traffic noise but with the double glazing and a couple of czech beers you'll hardly notice it.

Room Tip: ask for a room at the front of the hotel as the rooms on the side are a little dark.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family