All in all , its a no frills hotel with easy access to most of the places in Prague.
The location is fantastic with Metro/subway station right outside the hotel entrance and tram stop 200m away (No local buses in Prague, only tram and metro)
We could walk to two of the best rated restaurants as per tripadvisor (U kroka - about 20 minutes walk, Tradice - about 2 minutes walk)
The actual hotel itself was just about ok.
1.Friendly and helpful staff.
2.We arrived early on the day of check-in and we were checked in to the room without a long wait.
3. All rooms have a balcony (its a good view of the city, although not as fantastic as the photos in the site)
4. Free wifi (but only on 6th floor, where all the rooms are. Not on the reception or any other area in the hotel)
But I have to say, please take note of the following before you book the hotel (or at least go with these expectations in mind)
1. All rooms have twin beds with separate mattresses, which are joined together to make a double bed. Personally for me, it was alright however I thought it was a bit odd for a hotel to have no room with double bed . Thought should make a note of it in case it is a major consideration for anyone .
2. The pillows seemed like someone really angry decided to flatten them into thin squares rather than plump rectangles :) So if you are used to a good quality fluffy pillow, manage your expectations accordingly or carry an air pillow with you.
3. The breakfast quality is just about ok , to be really generous in the review.
4. There is no room service.
5. There is an electric kettle provided in the room, however you have to buy teabags, sugar, creamer etc at the hotel reception desk or you could buy them from the market.
6. The hotel provides you with towels, soaps, bathgel (two sachets for a twin room) but no shampoo / conditioner/ bodylotion/ dental kit/ sewing kit etc.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newly reconstructed Akcent hotel is a modern 3-star budget hotel with a friendly atmosphere located on the 7th floor of a 1930s Functionalist-style office building and can boast splendid views of Prague from all 53 rooms. The hotel is situated in the heart of Smichov quarter, just a 3 minute walk from one of Prague's major commercial and entertainment zones, where two big shopping malls Novy Smichov and Zlaty Andel are to be found. Guests highly value the hotel's location also for easy and quick connections to the centre of Prague. With an entrance to the Andel subway station right outside hotel front door, and several tram line stops nearby, the entire historical centre of the "City of Hundred Spires" is just 5 minutes away, while picturesque Lesser Town, park Kampa and Petrin Hill is only a 20 minute walk. Not far is also river Vltava and Vysehrad Castle. Hotel's location is also very convenient for tourists coming for Prague Beer Tour as Staropramen brewery is in surroundings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, HostelWorld, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly, HRS, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Akcent reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Prague Akcent Hotel
- Akcent Hotel Prague