Extol Inn
US$212
US$174
Trip.com
  • Restaurant
Green Garden Hotel(Prague)(Great Value!)
US$138
TripAdvisor
US$325
US$293
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsshared bathroomgood price quality ratiocity centreextra touchesrooms are cleanbudget hotelparking placetram stoprecommend this hotelold townnice hoteltwin roomvisit pragueshort stayhotel is situatedcharles bridgejacuzzi
Reviewed 2 August 2013

I was pleasantly surprised when I found this place to stay. For the facilities it holds and the money it costs, it is an absolute steal. The room was very big and the en-suite was very clean. The windows were huge so air could get into the room very easily. Beds were comfy but if you like soft, you may need an extra duvet to sleep on. The Jacuzzi and the Gym were really good; It would be even better if they were included. Nice to see a hostel with a postbox inside. Staff were very courteous.

The bad points: The wi-fi wasn't fantastic, but acceptable. The shower gel is terrible (You need to find a better supplier or type. It just doesn't lather) and the place itself is very out of town but easily accessible by ONE tram from the train station. The breakfast needs to re-evaluated as it was very hard to get something that was enjoyable.
Your orange juice though. Oh my good god, it was delicious.

Other than that, enjoyed my stay and I am recommending this to my parents when they visit Prague in a few months time. Cheers guys.

Room Tip: Higher, the better.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 May 2013

My boyfriend and I lived in a Economy 2 person room, which shared bathroom and toilett with another room. We got what we expected, and were happy with it. :) There was something which might have been mold in the shower, but it was tiny and barely noticeable.

Spaceous and nice lobby with free Wi-Fi and cheap beer (0,5l Pilsner Urquell at 40CZK), we did spend some time there. They also have a whirlpool at a small cost, which we used one of the days - enjoyed it!

Breakfast was nice, all you can eat-style. Great coffee! Restaurant was also nice with reasonable prices and good pizza.

Spaceous room with two beds pushed together, table and chairs. If you're much taller than 180cm, you might find the bed a bit short and your feet hanging out, if sleeping very straight. We didn't have this problem, though.

Staff was okay and overall, great hotel in a nice and calm neighbourhood! Minimarkets just around the corner, restaurants everywhere, good connections by tram! We loved it. :)

• Stayed: May 2013
3  Thank MerlonaZ
Reviewed 25 May 2013

Stayed here for a night, the single room is great, clean and provide good privacy, the bathroom is not attach but it is just outside the room where I shared with another room, not too sure if this set up is consistent for all, it may defer. The location of Extol is one that minus lots of mark from it, it take at least 30 minutes to reach the main town using tram and they are not exactly not that near to the hostel plus the road direction was quite confusing to me. Overall I would say go for another hostel that's nearer to Prague main square, it'll make your travel easier than having to spend extra time and money for traveling from hotel to attraction spots.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 May 2013

It is difficult for me to believe that this is THE BEST budget hotel in Prague. While the price is not too bad, the place has a few deficiencies. Foremost, the location is not great. It nowhere near the city center, and it takes about 15 minutes of leisurely walking to reach the nearest subway. The room furnishings and fixtures also leave something to be desired, as they are a constant reminder of cheapness. Hotel policies regarding children also echo this parsimoniousness, as anyone over the age of two is charged the same price as an extra adult. Finally, the breakfast that is included is barely fit for human consumption.

That said, the place is kept quite clean, and the staff is courteous and helpful.

It's a good place, but I just don't think that it rises to the level of being "Number 1".

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank ChachiGrande
Reviewed 2 May 2013

Somehow we overlooked the warnings on the tripadvisor about the noisy elevator here. The room was not even in the near proximity, but trying to sleep was impossible. Unless you are equipped with good ear plugs, grew up near an active volcano or are death-tired after sightseeing a beautiful city of Prague the noise of the elevetor running up and down will make sleeping impossible. Lucky they had another room available at the greatest distance from the elevator which allowed us to move there at 2AM in the morning. Otherwise we would have to wander around Prague in our pyjamas looking for another place to crash. I'm surprised that after quite a few comments about it in the tripadvisor, the managment hasn't done a thing to repair that noisy elevator.; Apparently the comments of serious travellers do not mean much as they are geared mainly towards school groups who probably wouldn't mind much even if the concert of the Rolling Stones or the Greatfull Dead took place in that elevator all night.
Otherwise the hotel is a good deal in an expensive city of Prague. Rooms have free wi-fi, are clean and well taken care of. The beds are little hard, but putting another mattres on top from an extra bed almost solved it. The restaurant, open 'till 11PM. There is a gym, jacuzzi and sauna, unfortunately, not free even for the hotel guests (bit tacky). The distance to the city center is about 15 min. by tramway, 30-40 min walking. Would I stay here again ?. Yes I would, but only if they promised to give me the room far away from the elevator or if they assured me that the noise has been eliminated.

Room Tip: as far away from the elevator as possible
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple