“Disgusting”

London, United Kingdom
“Disgusting”
Reviewed 29 September 2009

1. No hot water in a shower
2. No power supply in my room (but staff fixed it after my call)
3. I found TWO BEDBUGS BITES on my left leg and on my abdomine

Never more.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank goofsmile

Business
  • Polish first
Wroclaw
Reviewed 2 May 2008

Unfortunately I was cheated by this hostel. I booked the room at the begining of March (so it was 2 months before the month of my arriving. I received the confirmatiion on my e-mail and I also paid the deposit. Yesterday I came to Prague with my 3 friends and when we came to the hostel at 1 p.m. young lady said that this room is already booked and occupied because we did not confirm the reservation before 12 a.m. She said that this is the rule of the hosterworld website. I looked for this rule and I could not find it. There was also no such information on their confirmation. We drove 400 km to Prague and we had to go back home. They also said that they did not return our deposit. So I think that they cheated me. My advise is: do not go there!!!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled with friends
2 Thank maciekn

Travellers are raving about these Prague hotels

New York
Reviewed 13 November 2007

We arrived in Prague November 9th and checked in. We paid (in cash) the rest of our room fee being that a percentage was charged when booking. The ¨receptionist´´ noted our passport numbers and the fact that we paid in a NOTEBOOK. We left our bags in a room with four beds, locked the door and went for a walk around the city. We came back a couple of hours later, UNLOCKED the door clothes were everywhere, my entire bag with an ipod, cellphone, clothes and toiletries was gone, one of my friend´s ipod and sunglasses was missing, and my other friend´s jewlery and phone charger was gone. We called the hostel´s emergency number as there is no one there after a certain time and they refused to come. We called the police and being that they didn´t speak english we had someone from the hostel talk to them on the phone. We had no idea what was said but were told to come back in the morning being that we were not planning on staying there. We came back in the morning and they gave us HALF of 1 night (two were paid for). UNSAFE, NOT CLEAN, UNHELPFUL STAFF..

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed November 2007, travelled with friends
5 Thank TraveLingBeauTy
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 December 2006

Stayed here for 3 nights for a stag do. I'd already been to Prague before so knew what to expect, as most budget accomodation in Prague is very crap compared to the rest of europe. This accomodation is very basic, just a room with a bed in. The location is very central, 1 min walk from town centre, plus there is a 24hr bar below the hostel! I've found most people from Prague very rude and miserable, but the staff here we're friendly and helpful which made a change. It's fairly cheap, but they did charge us some sort of 'tax' when we got there so it cost about 15% more than advertised. For a stag do this was perfect, but if you wanted peace and quiet don't stay here! Beer is cheap and is great! any questions, please e-mail me, i know a bit about Prague & nightlife etc: uk_rnr_star@yahoo.co.uk

• Liked — Location & cheap 24hr bar below
  • Disliked — basic rooms and noisy
  • Tips/Secrets — dont use taxi's in prague. watch your pockets
  • Stayed October 2006, travelled with friends
2 Thank Greybot
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 10 October 2006

The Condor does not provide a good first impression, as it is in a tired old building and there is no real reception desk. It all looks very amateur. Some of the rooms' doors open directly onto the reception area and we could see people sleeping, so we were a bit worried about the privacy!

Although we had booked a twin room with ensuite we were actually given the apartment around the corner. At first we were a bit worried about this, but after we had a look we were glad that we were there rather than in the main part of Condor.

The apartment was basic but clean and very convenient. A bit more attention to detail would have been appreciated, e.g. there were no bedside lights or bedside tables, although there was a microwave, fridge, double hot-plate and washing-machine, so it was quite self-contained. A bathmat would also have been nice, but you don't expect much in these places - although it wasn't particularly cheap!

The last thing that I would like to mention is that the hot-water system was not switched on when we arrived and we were not told. Of course, we didn't realise this for a few hours and were therefore forced to have cold showers on the first night. But once we turned it on and gave it time to heat up, it worked fine and the shower was OK. Very clean.

All-in-all I would say that the apartment (which I think goes by the name Condor 2) is satisfactory, but I'm sure you could do better both in price and value. The location is excellent though, just around the corner from the Old Town Square.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Amateurish, lack of attnetion to details, overpriced for what you get
  • Tips/Secrets — Don't stay in Condor 1, make sure you get the apartment (Condor 2), otherwise go somewhere else!
  • Stayed September 2006, travelled with family
1 Thank Alexvonw
birmingham
Reviewed 30 August 2006

disappointed with the tiny box of a room, door opening straight out on to a tiny reception. Noisy as the place on the entire floor converted into box rooms and so be prepared to wear ear plugs. Was glad i was only staying one night. Not exactly the cheapest of hostels either, there are better hostels in Prague than this one.

• Liked — map given to me and reception help
  • Disliked — the room
  • Stayed August 2006, travelled solo